Shorts: maximum 40 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Oct-2012
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects must originate from Missouri or Kansas
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
| .FLV (Flash Video)|
| .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2)|
| .AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved)|
| .WMV (Windows Media)|
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| Other - Digital|
| .MOV (Quicktime)|
| .AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved)|
A press kit is required, but only after acceptance.
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Biography/Filmography - Writer
> One-Sheet Art - Postcards
> One-Sheet Art - Posters
> Statement by the Director
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
Best Heartland Short Narrative (Drama/Comedy)
This award is given to the top film among all Heartland Short Narrative entries (drama/comedy). Value to be determined.
Best of Fest Award
This award is given to the top film among first place awardees from all shorts divisions/categories. Value is $1000 cash.
Cash Award Value: 1,000 U.S. Dollar
This prize is shared with other categories.
*An entry can be considered for the Heartland Division if any of the following criteria are met: The filmmaker currently resides in Missouri or Kansas, the filmmaker was born in Missouri or Kansas, or the entry was shot primarily in Missouri or Kansas. Please specify your Heartland qualifier.
To be considered for competition, no public screening should have been held in the Kansas City Metro Area past December 1, 2013.
All determinations will be made and clarified by Kansas City FilmFest programmers and jurors. Their decisions are final. Kansas City FilmFest reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project and to rule on cases not foreseen by these guidelines. Work will be classified as a competitive or non-competitive entry at the sole discretion of Kansas City FilmFest.
Submission of the attached entry form implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations by all producers, directors and/or their agents submitting material.
Fiction, experimental &/or animation films may be original or adapted from a previously published source. All footage must be original. Documentaries may include footage from other sources. In ALL genres the music may be original or an interpretation but you must certify receipt of any and all releases &/or permissions. Do NOT submit instructional, institutional, industrial/corporate, promotional or marketing films. Kansas City FilmFest reserves the right to reject any submission.
Judging: Preliminary Judging will be completed during February 2014. Final judging will occur during KC FilmFest April 5-13, 2014.
Applicants will be informed of the screening status of their film by approximately March 5, 2014.
• NO ENTRY FEE WAIVERS.
• Works in progress will NOT be considered for competition or screened at KC FilmFest 2013.
• All work must be completed and submitted no later than the deadline date (January 15, 2014).
• Entries must have been completed in the last 15 months (since October 1, 2012).
• All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
• The filmmaker(s) must secure all rights, licenses, clearances and releases necessary for exhibition. A completed entry through WAB will be accepted as acknowledgment of the entrant having done so.
• Each entry must have a separate entry form and separate upload through WAB.
• All entries must be properly uploaded and received via WAB on or before 12:00 (midnight), January 15, 2014.
• All entry materials become the property of the Kansas City FilmFest and will not be returned. No refunds. By submitting this material you acknowledge the Jubilee's right to copy any submitted material for KC FilmFest's non-commercial use only.
You must send each of these 3 items together to the Jubilee:
1. Secure Online Screener ONLY will be accepted and must be uploaded through WAB.
2. A completed entry form submitted through WAB.
3. Payment will be accepted ONLY through WAB.
Agreements: If your film or video is accepted for screening by KC FilmFest for KC FilmFest 2014, you agree to and understand the following:
• FORMAT: You agree to provide the festival an exhibition copy of the entry on the format indicated on the entry form. If your exhibition format is DVD or tape (DVcam, miniDV), it must be received no later than March 14, 2014 so we can build the program reels.
• SHIPPING: You are responsible for the arrangements and cost of shipping the exhibition copy to the Kansas City FilmFest. The Kansas City FilmFest will pay for outgoing shipping. The Kansas City FilmFest will not pay for the cost of overnight shipping.
• PUBLICITY: Upon acceptance, you must supply Kansas City FilmFest with digital stills and other digital and printed press materials. You should be available for interviews prior to and during KC FilmFest 2014.
• LOSS & DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard films, videos and publicity materials while they are in the possession of the Jubilee. However, if loss or damage occurs, Kansas City FilmFest cannot accept or assume responsibility.