Shorts: maximum 20 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Sep-2010
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Project must not have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
| .FLV (Flash Video)|
| .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2)|
| .AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved)|
| .WMV (Windows Media)|
| Other - Digital|
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| .MOV (Quicktime)|
Press Kit Requirements
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Biography/Filmography - Writer
> One-Sheet Art - Postcards
> One-Sheet Art - Posters
> Statement by the Director
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
BROWNFISH SHORT FILM FESTIVAL NYC RULES AND REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The festival will accept submissions until August 1, 2013.
1. Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC accepts submissions for short films in the categories of Comedy, Drama, Documentary, and Animation.
2. All short films must be under 20 minutes in length. All times include title and credit sequences.
3. All films must have been produced/completed within the past 3 years.
4. Non-English submissions must be subtitled in English.
5. All submissions must include a completed application form.
6. All films must be submitted on DVD (NTSC format, Region 1 or 0) or as an online screener (Withoutabox or URL/Link to the film). DVD submissions will not be returned.
7. Multiple entries must be submitted individually with accompanying materials and fees.
8. Payment maybe be made by credit card through Withoutabox.com or by check/money order payable to BROWNFISH.COM.
9. Filmmakers eligible for the STUDENT RATE must provide supporting documentation stating student's name, institution name and current date/term such as a valid student I.D., report card, or tuition bill.
10. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE PER FILM IN $US AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
11. All physical submissions must include a printed application form, a DVD or URL screener (NTSC format, Region 1 or 0) and submission fee. Submission fees may be paid through Withoutabox.com or by sending check or money order payable to BROWNFISH.COM DVD's must include your Withoutabox tracking number if applicable. Send all materials to: Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC, 520 East 11th Street, Suite 21 New York, NY 10009
12. Filmmakers must have all rights associated with their films. Filmmakers accept responsibility for obtaining any and all rights and clearances necessary to exhibit their film. Filmmakers indemnify and hold harmless Brownfish.com, Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC and its affiliates against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses including but not limited to attorney's fees, and court costs which may be incurred by any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of films entered.
13. Filmmakers grant the Brownfish.com, Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC and its agents the rights to use stills and clips from accepted films for print and online marketing and publicity purposes.
14. Filmmakers will be notified by email approximately September 4, 2013.
15. Accepted Filmmakers will need provide a Digital Exhibition Screener of their film as .MOV file uploaded to Brownfish.com or mailed on DVD (Minimum resolution, size, audio T.B.A. - NO MENUS ) with any and all costs incurred the obligation of the filmmaker. DVD submissions maybe used as Exhibition Screeners at the filmmaker’s request, pending festival approval. DVD Screeners will NOT be returned.
16. Official Selection films will be screened in a festival program to be determined by the Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC.
17. The Brownfish Short Film Festival NYC is a judged contest with cash and prize awards. Prize packages T.B.A.