A runtime of any length is permitted
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2012
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Other - Digital|
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| Other - Digital|
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
CINE Golden Eagle Awards
A production worthy of a CINE Golden Eagle will be clear and concise in its structure and writing, with strong visuals, sound elements, and editing.
Visuals and sound will be creatively and appropriately employed, with camera work, audio recording, narration, music, and graphics of a high technical quality that support the writing and editing to achieve a cohesive final production that fulfills the stated purpose of the project.
CINE Golden Eagle entries do not compete against each other; rather they are judged against a high standard of excellence. Judging criteria include: storytelling, production value, artistry, effective communication to the intended audience, and overall excellence. How well a production measures up to the standards it sets for itself, described in the “purpose” section of the entry form, is especially important.
CINE Special Jury Award
CINE Golden Eagle winners from the Spring and Fall competitions during a calendar year automatically become nominees for a CINE Special Jury Award in their particular category.
CINE Masters Series Award
CINE Special Jury Award winners automatically become nominees for the CINE Masters Series Awards, which recognize the best of the best in each division. A specially selected and prestigious judging committee will determine these winners.
Value of Goods/Services: 405 U.S. Dollar
• SERIES SUBMISSIONS: Producers of digital series (defined as 3 or more episodes) can submit that series for additional recognition; if the series is selected to receive a Golden Eagle Award, it will receive extra recognition for excellence in digital series, and will be eligible for additional honors (CINE Special Jury Awards will be presented yearly to select series from the previous year’s competitions, and the CINE Masters Series Award will be presented to the best Original Digital Series submitted in a calendar year).
o Submit ONE (1) entry form on behalf of the entire series.
o Select THREE (3) episodes to represent the series for judging.
o On the entry form, in the “Running Time” field, use the combined running time of all three episodes. (For example, if you are submitting a show with 22-minute episodes, enter the running time as 66 minutes.)
• ELIGIBILITY: To be considered in this division, the production must have been originally produced for the web and/or mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets (including video apps).
• Production(s) must have been completed or premiered AFTER January 1, 2012. You may submit a production that has not yet been distributed, as long as it is complete.
• All Original Digital submissions will be judged online. Please provide a link to your production as part of the entry form. The submission must be online in its entirety, and available to view on a website that does not require a subscription, fee, or the creation of a profile. If your video is password protected, please include login information with your link.
• NO WORKS IN PROGRESS. CINE only accepts complete, finished productions.
• GLOBAL/FOREIGN LANGUAGE SUBMISSIONS: CINE accepts submissions from any country. For judging purposes, programs that are not in English must be submitted either with English subtitles (preferably), a dubbed English track or an English-language script.
• All entry fees are based on the length of the production (excluding student films).
• You may re-submit a film that was previously entered into a CINE Competition as long as it has been significantly altered, and your film meets current eligibility requirements.