Shorts: From 1 minutes to 2 minutes
No requirement for completed by date
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Project must not have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| Other - Digital|
Press Kit Requirements
Do not submit a press kit.
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
The winning of this prize will receive support in making a micro-budgeted movie previewed by the winning trailer.
Cash Award Value: 3,000 U.S. Dollar
This is for the best entry submitted by a student enrolled in any school including college and film school. The winning student may also qualify for other prizes.
Cash Award Value: 500 U.S. Dollar
"Lights! Cameraphone! Action!" is open to everyone around the world and throughout the universe except for the following individuals:
* IndieFilmConnect LLc’s owners, paid staff, consultants, and the immediate families (siblings, spouses, children, parents) of the owners, paid staff, and consultants.
* People living in places where local or U.S. law prohibits this kind of competition.
Note: Moviemakers of any age may submit entries, but if you are too young to make a legal contract (younger than 18 years in most U.S. jurisdictions), if your work is chosen to be in the semifinal round, we will ask for the name and contact information of a parent or guardian, and that person will need to grant permission for you to participate.
* Your trailer must be shot using a smartphone or tablet. You may edit the material on any device. But if you reach the semifinal level, we may ask you to send us the original footage shot on the cameraphone or tablet.
* Concept: The trailer must promote a fiction movie, a documentary movie, or a web series--not yet produced--or a book.To demonstrate that you have envisioned a project—and not just assembled interesting shots—your entry must include a logline (a synopsis of about 75 words or fewer) describing the fiction movie, documentary, web series, or book previewed by the trailer.
* Genre: Your trailer may represent any genre, for example, comedy, documentary, drama, science fiction, horror, or thriller.
* Length: For this competition, your trailer must be at least 30 seconds in length and no more than two minutes.
* Language:If dialogue and/or title cards in your trailer are in a language other than English, you must provide English subtitles that accurately represent the dialogue and/or title cards.
* Title:The title of the fiction movie, documentary, web series, or book that your trailer previews must appear in the trailer. We recommend that you include your email address or web address (url) at the end of the trailer so that producers or others wishing to contact you can do so.
* Submission format: To be included in the contest, you must upload your trailer to YouTube.com and then send an email including the embed code, the trailer title, the WAB number, and your name to: Info@imtf.biz. Please refer to the instructions above regarding uploading your trailer to
* Rating: The trailer must qualify for a rating of G, PG, or PG13 as defined by the MPAA (www.filmratings.org). This means that there will be no nudity, no excessive profane language, and no excessive violence. There should also be no racial, gender, or other slurs. The G, PG, or PG13 rating applies only to the trailer. The work envisioned by the trailer might have a different rating.
Note: For the purpose of this competition, the IndieFilmConnect staff will determine if a trailer meets contest’s rating qualifications. If you are unsure whether your trailer meets the rating qualifications, you may upload your trailer to a video hosting site and email us the link prior to submitting your entry form and fee. We will then review it and respond. If you don’t check with us and submit a trailer that does not meet our rating qualifications, your trailer will not be included in "Lights! Cameraphone! Action!" and you will not receive a refund.
* Originality: At least 80% of the trailer (as measured by time) must be material shot by you. Up to 20% may be stock footage—that is, footage shot by someone else for a purpose other than your trailer—but you must have obtained written permission to use the stock footage and be prepared to send us proof of permission. The rationale for this rule is that "Lights! Cameraphone! Action!" is for original trailers and not mash-ups (video compilations).
* Model releases: You must have a written release from each person who appears in your trailer and whose face can be identified. You don’t need releases from unidentifiable people in crowd scenes. If your trailer becomes a semifinalist or is chosen for a People’s Choice Award, you will be asked to provide a model release for each identifiable person in your trailer. You can download a Model Release from the Resources page in the Tips section of www.internationalmovietrailerfestival.com.
* Copyright clearance: If you use any material owned or copyrighted by someone else, you must have written permission to use that material. Owned and copyrighted material includes—but is not limited to—music, artwork, and photographs. If your trailer becomes a semifinalist, you be will be asked to submit proof of copyright clearance. To download a permission form for using copyrighted music go to the Resources page in the Tips section of IMTF's website.