Features: From 70 minutes to 140 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2011
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
Projects must be a premiere in New York
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
A press kit is required with the entry form, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Biography/Filmography - Writer
> One-Sheet Art - Postcards
> One-Sheet Art - Fliers
> One-Sheet Art - Posters
> Statement by the Director
> Press Clippings
> Anecdotal Accounts
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
This prize is shared with other categories.
Stop violence against women
Any film dealing with the topic of violence against women.
Sponsor: Rated SR
Cash Award Value: 500 U.S. Dollar
This prize is shared with other categories.
I. APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms") govern the submission of a film (the "Film") or screenplay (the "Screenplay") to Rated SR New York ("RatedSRNY"), through Withoutabox.com (Withoutabox) for consideration for the 2015 Rated SR Socially Relevant Film Festival (the "Festival").
II. SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
(1) By submitting a Film to RatedSRNY for Festival consideration, the submitter (the "Applicant") represents that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers producers and/or other authorized representatives of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to RatedSRNY (the "Film Owners"), and has read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
(2) RatedSRNY may disqualify or reject, but is not required to do so, any submission that it determines in its sole discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with these Terms, and may do so without refunding any or all submission fees paid by the Applicant or returning the Applicant's DVD submission.
(3) As the author/rights owner of the film I/we have submitted to RatedSRNY, I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner/s of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the film to RatedSRNY. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless RatedSRNY, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all third party claims based on films submitted to RatedSRNY. RatedSRNY winners will permit RatedSRNY to use their name and/or likeness in post-competition publicity. By signing this form I/we understand and agree to all the terms and conditions of film entry. I have read through and agree to the Rated SR Socially Relevant Film Festival New York Entry Procedure, Rules, Guidelines, and all Terms and Conditions.
(4) As author/rights owner of the film I/we grant legal permission to include my/our film in promotional distribution program. I/we own or control the copyright for the motion picture and have secured all the rights for the locations, music, actors, scripts, likenesses, products, etc.
(5) In the case of any rights related Error and Omission, I, the filmmaker and submitter, relieve the festival of any responsibility of libel resulting form copyright infringement. I take full responsibility of such.
III. SUBMISSION CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY
(1) Films submitted to for Festival consideration under these Terms must be submitted in one of the categories set out below.
(2) Films that do not meet the eligibility requirements for any of the below categories should not be submitted and will not be considered by RatedSRNY.
(3) The Festival is organized into a series of programmes, which are subject to change from year to year, but might include, for example: Gala, Closing Night, panel discussions, etc. RatedSRNY may slot selected films into programs at its sole and absolute discretion.
(4) RatedSRNY expects all Films that it presents at the Festival to be, at minimum, North American or New York premieres, but reserves the right to present films that are not.
(5) A Film previously submitted to Rated SRNY for Festival consideration can re-apply for the festival in the following years.
(6) Films submitted on-line could receive preference over those submitted on a DVD screeners. Films selected for the festival slate will be screened on DVD, BluRay or 35mm. Additional details regarding these screening formats will be provided to selected Films upon invitation. Rated SRNY does not screen work in any other format in the current year.
(7) Festival organizers and persons associated with the festival can submit films for screening and screenplays for consideration (out of competition).
(8) Winning films are to present, at their own production's expense, the screening or distribution deliverables as requested by the distributor or exhibitor as the case might be.
IV. PROCESS FOR SUBMISSION
(1) All Films submitted under these Terms must be submitted in accordance with the procedure outlined herein. Rated SRNY may disqualify or reject any Film that is not submitted in this way.
(2) To submit a film for Festival consideration, an Applicant must: (a) complete the registration process at Withoutabox and pay the required fee as outlined in the different categories and (b) provide to Rated SRNY a link on-line or a DVD screener for review by Rated SRNY programming staff. Rated SRNY does not accept submissions in any other manner or format, including: content burned to Read/Write (RW) discs, blu-ray discs or trailers.
(3) Submitted DVDs must:
a. contain one version only of the Film, in the original language of production, with English subtitles if the original language is not English;
b. be formatted in MPEG-2 video for Region 1/North America or Region 0/no region (i.e. the DVD is authored as a video DVD and not burned as a data disc containing Quicktime or other similar file formats);
c. be labeled with the following: (i) title, (ii) production company name, phone number and address, (iii) director's name, (iv) length in minutes, and (v) Withoutabox tracking number;
d. be shipped in accordance with the shipping instructions set out below in sections 8 through 11.
(4) Applicants should test their DVDs thoroughly before submitting them. It is the Applicant's sole responsibility to ensure that the submitted DVD screener plays in its entirety on an industry-standard DVD player. If Rated SRNY is unable to view the DVD, Rated SRNY will attempt, but is under no obligation, to contact the Applicant in order to obtain a replacement DVD.
(5) RatedSRNY will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, RatedSRNY will view only the version that was received first.
(6) DVD screeners will not be returned.
DVD's and BlueRay screeners that are sent as deliverables after selection of the film may be returned within a month after the festival ends if a self addressed, postage paid, return envelope is included when sending in the deliverables.
(7) All Films must be sent by way of prepaid shipping. RatedSRNY will not accept collect shipments.
(8) The Festival is not responsible for and will not accept shipments incurring expenses for terminal charges, duties, taxes or customs brokerage. Applicants should clearly indicate on all waybills that transportation and customs charges are to be billed to the sender. Any shipping charges incurred by RatedSRNY will be billed back to the Applicant.
(9) Films should not be shipped in excessive packaging or with any materials other than those requested by RatedSRNY. There is no programming value for DVD submissions arriving in unusual or unorthodox containers. However, please make sure to pack DVD's properly as many boxes and actual DVD's arrive totally damaged in transit.
(10) RatedSRNY is not responsible and bears no liability with respect to clearance of shipments through US customs. However, RatedSRNY recommends that Applicants sending submissions from outside of US take the following steps to increase the chance of successful review by US customs:
a. Include three copies of a commercial invoice (declaration of contents) containing the following information: i. Sender's name, address and telephone number ii. Recipient's address iii. Title of film and format iv. Length of film v. Fair market value (standard is US $20) vi. Country of manufacture vii. Declaration "Goods on loan for Festival purposes only. No commercial value." viii. Sender's signature
b. The commercial invoice should be included with the courier waybill. Applicants shipping via international post should affix a customs declaration label to the outside of the package.
c. RatedSRNY prefers FedEX or UPS where available.
(11) RatedSRNY does not confirm receipt of shipment, and is not responsible for lost or misdirected packages. It is the Applicant's responsibility to ensure that the submission procedure is complete, and that the DVD screener has been received by RatedSRNY.
Screenplays should be submitted as completed screenplays (PDF).
As the author of the screenplay I/we have submitted to RatedSRNY, I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner/s of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the screenplay to RatedSRNY. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless RatedSRNY, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all third party claims based on scripts submitted to RatedSRNY. RatedSRNY winners will permit RatedSRNY to use their name and/or likeness in post-competition publicity. By signing this form I/we understand and agree to all the terms and conditions of screenplay entry. I have read through and agree to the Rated SR Socially Relevant Film Festival New York Entry Procedure, Rules, Guidelines, and all Terms and Conditions.
VI. SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEES
(1) In order to be eligible for consideration, DVD submissions must be post-marked, Withoutabox registration completed, and all fees paid, by the deadlines outlined in the categories.
(2)RatedSRNY may accept late submissions in its discretion, but an additional submission fee may apply as specified in the different categories.
RatedSRNY will consider for inclusion in the Festival all eligible films that have been submitted by the above deadline and in accordance with these Terms. RatedSRNY reserves the right to consider for inclusion in the Festival, and include in the Festival, films received at any time and through any means, channel or process, including means, channels or processes other than those outlined in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms or otherwise requires RatedSRNY to select for Festival inclusion any of the Films submitted through the process outlined in these Terms.
(1) All selection decisions are at the sole and absolute discretion of RatedSRNY, and are final and unreviewable. RatedSRNY is not required to provide any feedback, comments or reasons, or any other information, regarding the selection or non-selection of any submitted Film or the process by which Films are or have been selected. RatedSRNY is not responsible or liable for its selection decisions; for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding the Film that are or may be obtained from the Applicant or anyone else; for any communications by any representative of RatedSRNY relating to the Film or the Festival selection process; for the manner in which the Film shall be, is or was considered and reviewed; or for any failure on the part of the Festival to provide the Applicant or anyone else with information concerning RatedSRNY's consideration and/or review of the Film.
(2) RatedSRNY will notify by February 5th, 2015 all Applicants who have been selected to participate in the Festival. All Applicants who are not selected to participate in the Festival will be contacted by email on or around January 31, 2015. RatedSRNY will contact Applicants using the contact information provided in the Withoutabox registration form. Applicants are responsible to provide correct and functional contact information. RatedSRNY is not responsible for any failed attempts to contact Applicants using the contact information provided.
VIII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, LEGAL CLAIMS AND INDEMNITIES
(1) By submitting the film to RatedSRNY, the Applicant and Film Owners (the "Submitting Parties") hereby warrant and represent that: (i) the film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting Parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorizations or waivers of any kind necessary for the inclusion or reproduction of any person, character, location, thing, trade-mark, sound recording, musical composition or other work in the film; (ii) the film does not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person; (iii) the film is not the subject of litigation; (iv) there are no agreements, nor will there be any agreements made subsequent to the date of this Film submission that would or could have the effect of impairing the Submitting Parties' ability to provide the film as contemplated herein, or otherwise conflict with any provision of these Terms; and (iv) the Submitting Parties have the full right, power and authority to submit the film to RatedSRNY for Festival consideration, and to grant all of the rights granted hereunder and in the Withoutabox registration form, and there is no obligation or disability which would in any way impair, restrict or impede the Submitting Parties from fully performing all obligations pursuant to the submission and these Terms.
(2) The Submitting Parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless RatedSRNY, its licensees, successors and assigns, and its and their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, associates and affiliates (each, a "Releasee"), from any claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against a Releasee and from any losses, costs, or damages, including the Releasee's full legal costs, which it may have suffered or incurred or may suffer or incur, directly or indirectly based on, in connection with, or arising from the use and exhibition of the Film submitted by the Applicant or the breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or other agreement made by the Applicant in these Terms, or in the Applicant's Withoutabox registration form.
(3) RatedSRNY takes all reasonable anti-piracy precautions. While in RatedSRNY's possession, all Films are securely stored and regularly inventoried. Access to Films is limited to RatedSRNY staff who require access in order to screen and consider submissions. No duplication and loaning of Films is permitted. By submitting a Film to RatedSRNY, the Submitting Parties hereby release RatedSRNY from any and all liability in the event of theft, unauthorized access or copying, or any breach of copyright of the submitted Film while it is in RatedSRNY's possession.
(1) RatedSRNY reserves the right to rule, in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms. The person who has completed this entry form has READ and AGREES TO ABIDE BY all regulations and statements provided with this form.