Features: minimum 70 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Mar-2011
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution
2 SUBMISSION COPIES REQUIRED
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
Variouis cash and in-kind awards
All films screened at VIWIFF 2014 will receive an exhibition payment.
Features are over 70 minutes.
The Festival accepts documentary, narrative, animated and experimental films in any genre,
To be eligible at least three of the following creative roles must have been filled by a woman: Writer, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Composer, Lead Performer (one woman may serve in more than one role).
Films that have received television or theatrical exposure in the Vancouver B.C area prior to the festival are not eligible.
Films that are accessible to view or down load online are not eligible.
Films must have been completed after March 2011.
Selection and Notification:
1. Submissions will be reviewed by a selection of jurors appointed by the Festival Committee, a committee of the Board of Directors of Women in Film + Television Vancouver.
2. Filmmakers will be notified of the decision by mid December 2013.
3. All communications will be sent electronically, including selection and notification letters: please make sure the email address and phone number provided on the entry form are correct!
4. If selected for VIWIFF2014, exhibition copies must be delivered to WIFTV by January 31, 2013.
5. Exhibition copies must be accompanied by two DVD screeners or, preferably, a link to a password protected site where your film can be viewed by festival organizers and press.
6. Filmmakers, or their representatives, of selected films must cover the cost of shipping to the festival. The festival will cover return shipping.
7. Exhibition formats will be accepted in PAL or NTSC but must be one of the following: Blue-ray, Digi BetaCam, HDCam, DCP
8. Promotional materials of films selected for VIWIFF2014 become the property of VIWIFF2014 and can be used to promote VIWIFF2014 in all mediums including film, television, radio and the internet.
1. Submissions are accepted through Withoutabox.
2. Submission screeners may be uploaded through Withoutabox or two DVD copies may be mailed directly to the festival.
3. If you are shipping internationally the Customs Declaration should state that the preview video is “for cultural purposes“ and has a value no higher than $2.
4. DVD screeners may be either PAL or NTSC and must be labeled with the film title, running time and filmmaker contact information.
5. Works in progress are accepted and must be labeled accordingly.
6. VIWIFF 2014 is not responsible for compatibility issues if DVD preview copies do not play.
7. Preview DVDs will not be returned.
8. Ensure that your WAB tracking # is clearly marked on the outside of your package when mailing to the festival.
9. A list of the film's credits including the gender of the Writer, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Composer and Lead Performer must be included with your submission, as well as a short synopsis, the film’s running time and screening history.
A press kit is not required at the time of submission.
Do not send paper press kits with your submission DVDs.
Payment of submission fees:
1. WAB will accept payment by Visa or Mastercard (using PayPal). It will also allow you to pay by international money order: write the invoice number on the money order and mail your payment to us with your submission package.
2. All payments must be in CANADIAN DOLLARS. Please do not send cash.
3. Money orders must be payable to WOMEN IN FILM & TELEVISION VANCOUVER
4. Entry fees are entirely non-refundable.
Vancouver International Women in Film Festival
Women in Film + Television Vancouver
503-207 West Hastings St.
Vancouver, BC, Canada