Shorts: maximum 40 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jun-2011
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
| Other - Digital|
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2)|
| .MOV (Quicktime)|
| .WMV (Windows Media)|
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Statement by the Director
> Press Clippings
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
Best Short Film
Audience Choice Award
Film for Social Change Award
A Conversation in Film Award
ELIGIBILITY AND WARRANTIES
1. Films produced prior to July 1st 2011 are not eligible.
2. Entries must be postmarked on or before the relevant submission deadline.
Standard submission deadline: May 29th 2014
Late Entry submission deadline: September 1st
Late entries will be accepted provided that the entry is accompanied by the additional late entry fee (see entry fee section).
3. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
4. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at ‘live’ Festival events other than theatrical screening.
5. Successful entries may be used for private press screenings prior to the festival.
6. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles, or with supplementary printed translations, will be automatically disqualified.
7. Use of the on-line Entry Form assumes acceptance of the LIDF Entry Regulations.
1. Films are selected for public presentation at the London International Documentary Festival (LIDF) – and will also be eligible for subsequent or additional screenings carried out by the LIDF outside of the festival itself.
2. If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by e-mail. All successful entries will be notified by September 10th 2014 at the latest, baring unforeseen circumstances.
3. All films selected will be made available for viewing. All timings, date and venue details will be made by the Festival. All decisions are final.
4. For publicity purposes, entries selected will be required to supply at least 3 colour jpegs from the film, at least 1 photograph of the film’s director(s), a full synopsis and production credits. The LIDF will happily view existing publicity material but is under no obligation to use it.
5. The Festival Print Traffic Coordinator will contact all successful entrants with a Screening Agreement and delivery schedule.
1. Only completed entries (Entry Form, payment, and received film) will be processed and considered for screening.
2. Entry details can be submitted on-line at www.lidf.co.uk. A new Entry Form must be completed for each film submitted.
3. In case of difficulty using the on-line Entry Form, or payment facilities, please contact the Festival Office by e-mail at: email@example.com
4. Entrant’s name, address, production title, and Entry Ref. No, must be stated on all correspondence and with the preview copy.
5. In order to simplify and reduce costs for entrants submissions can now be made on-line.
Films can be uploaded to the Festival dropbox: http://dropbox.yousendit.com/LIDF2013
You can also submit via Vimeo or Daily Motion.
Alternatively you can provide us with any other unique on-line link.
If you would rather submit via other means please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The LIDF is under to obligation to return the Entry Fee of films made ineligible by playback problems, although the festival will undertake to contact the filmmaker in such a case.
DAMAGE OR LOSS
1. Every reasonable effort will be made to protect films and tapes from damage or loss, but the Festival, and its management cannot assume liability for damage or loss.
1. The Festival has again frozen its submission fees. Each submission must be accompanied by the appropriate Entry Fee. Entry Fees are not refundable. Payment may be made on-line when the Entry Form is submitted. All payments must be in UK sterling. Films submitted with the incorrect entry fee or in a currency other than UK sterling will be disqualified.
Short films (under 40mins) £15.00
Recipients of the festival’s prize in the Documentary Short Subject category will qualify for consideration at the Annual Academy Awards® (OSCAR®)
Standard Rate £24.00
For every additional film submitted £5.00
Entries must be postmarked on or before the relevant submission deadline. Entries postmarked after July 1st must pay the additional late entry penalty of £10.00 on top of the standard entrance fee.
Late Entry Fee (after May 29th 2014), including penalty:
Short films (under 40mins) £25.00
Standard Rate £34.00
For every additional film submitted £5.00
FILMS BY INVITATION
The LIDF reserves the right to include in the final programme films that are at the Festival by invitation and may be produced before July 2011.