Features: minimum 40 minutes
No requirement for completed by date.
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
A press kit is required, but only after acceptance.
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is not a competition.
No prizes/awards entered for this category.
TIFF NEXT WAVE FILM FESTIVAL
CANADIAN AND INTERNATIONAL SUBMISSIONS
Rules and Regulations 2015
The 3rd-annual TIFF Next Wave Film Festival (“TIFF Next Wave”) will be held from February 13 to 15, 2015.
Feature Films: 40 minutes and over
Submissions due (must be postmarked by): October 31, 2014
Early submission is recommended. The festival is not obliged to consider late entries.
In order to successfully submit your film to TIFF Next Wave, please ensure that you have fulfilled the following:
• Completed the Withoutabox Submission Form (the “Submission Form”): https://www.withoutabox.com/login/1572.
• Submissions fee has been successfully paid.
• Sent a DVD screener (see specific requirements below) or submitted an online screener of your film.
Please note: Should you be informed directly that your film has been selected; you will be required to submit publicity materials. A complete list of required materials will be sent to you at that time.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND EXHIBITION FORMATS
I. To be eligible for consideration, all films must be available in one of the following theatrical presentation formats if selected:
Film prints must be composite prints in 35 mm. Accepted video formats are: D-Cinema (DCP), HDCAM SR and HDCAM. Both PAL and NTSC are accepted and there is no recommendation or restriction on frame rate.
Audio should be an LtRt or pro-logic compatible mix on channels 1,2 with the option of Dolby E on channels 3.4 for HDCAM. Track ordering for 5.1 discrete on HDCAM SR is: L,R,C,LFE,Ls,Rs.
TIFF Kids does not screen DVD or Blu-ray content theatrically.
While exceptions may be made for selected work of feature length in additional formats not listed, inquiries about formats other than those listed will not be replied to at the submissions stage. For technical questions and to receive detailed format and delivery information for digital formats, please send an email with the subject line “TIFF Next Wave submission: Your Title Here” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The format of origination (the format you used to shoot or edit your film in) does not matter to us and is not a consideration for selection.
II. Films must not have been previously screened commercially in Canada (exceptions may be made for non-English-language films that have played without English subtitles), broadcast in Canada, or available on the Internet prior to February 15, 2015.
III. Films must be in their original language with English subtitles, if the original language is not English.
IV. Films previously submitted to TIFF Next Wave and not selected will not be reconsidered for the 2015 programme.
For programming consideration, TIFF Kids accepts DVD and Online Screeners submitted via Withoutabox.
• DVDs must be formatted in MPEG-2 video for Region 1/North America or Region 0/ “no region, i.e., that the DVD is authored as a video DVD and is not burned as a data disk containing Quicktime or other similar file formats.
• DVDs must be labeled with the following:
o Production Company
o Company Address
o Telephone Number
o Director’s Name
o Length in Minutes
o Withoutabox Tracking Number
• Please test your DVDs thoroughly before sending.
• Please indicate if the submission is a rough cut or work-in-progress.
• Screen burn-ins are acceptable.
• There is no programming value for DVD submissions arriving in unusual or unorthodox containers. Please avoid excessive packaging and the inclusion of any materials other than what are specified.
• The Festival does not accept the following:
o Content burned to Read/Write (RW) discs
o Blu-ray discs
o Trailers for selection purposes
SHIPPING OF PREVIEW SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must be sent prepaid. TIFF Next Wave will not accept collect or cash-on-delivery shipments.
I. TIFF Next Wave will not assume responsibility for, nor will it accept, shipments incurring expenses for terminal charges, duties, taxes or customs brokerage. Clearly indicate on all waybills that transportation and customs charges be billed to the sender.
Please Note: Any charges for shipping incurred by TIFF will be invoiced back to the sender.
II. To ensure shipments originating outside Canada clear Canada Customs without delay, please follow these instructions:
a. Include three copies of a COMMERCIAL INVOICE (declaration of contents) containing the following information:
• Sender’s name, address and telephone number
• Receiver’s address (Festival address)
• Title of film and format (e.g., DVD)
• Length of film
• Fair market value (standard are $20 CAD for DVD or cassette and $500 CAD for feature-length print, DCP and HDCAM)
• Country of manufacture
• Declaration "Goods on loan for Festival purposes only. No commercial value. Non-pornographic."
• Sender’s signature
b. The commercial invoice must be included with the courier waybill. If you are shipping via international post, please affix a customs declaration label to the outside of the package.
The recommended courier is Purolator, where available.
III. You can obtain confirmation of delivery through the courier tracking service.
IV. Shipping Address:
ATTN: TIFF Next Wave Submissions
350 King Street West
RETURN OF MATERIALS
Preview DVDs will not be returned.
The Festival programming team selects and schedules all films presented at TIFF Next Wave. Filmmakers selected to participate will be notified around early January. Filmmakers not selected will be notified by email.
For more information regarding TIFF Next Wave, please visit tiff.net/nextwave or contact Film Submissions at: