August 1, 2018
November 1, 2018
December 1, 2018
January 5, 2019
Discounted fees apply to projects with pre-purchased Discount Packs, on entry fees greater than 30.00.
Approximately February 10, 2019
Submission & Exhibition Format Requirements
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| PDF (.pdf)|
| Microsoft Word (.doc)|
| Microsoft Word (.docx)|
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
Student Screenplay Award
To allow and encourage the participants in this category to be part of the rare opportunity of preserving and investing in the arts and humanities, the BHFF invites all K-12, undergraduate, and graduate students to participate in this remarkable competition by sharing their film or screenplay with uniquely chosen artists from around the globe.
Sponsor:Beverly Hills Film Festival
All student participants are to comply with the following eligibility requirements:
1. All student participants must pay the required submission fee. The BHFF does not wave or refund submission fees to preserve the integrity of the competition and its participants’ artistic value.
2. Any student attending an accredited K-12 institution within and outside of the United States of America is eligible to participate. Foreign institutional accreditation laws must comply with the national accreditation regulations of the chosen institution.
3. Any undergraduate student attending an accredited two or four-year higher education institution within and outside of the United States of America is eligible to participate. An undergraduate student is defined as one who has not yet received a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or has applied for graduation in the current academic year.
4. Any graduate student attending an accredited four-year higher education institution within and outside of the United States of America is eligible to participate. A graduate student is defined as one who has not yet received a Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) degree or has applied for graduation in the current academic year.
5. All student participants must submit a signed and dated letter of reference from a faculty member, program director, department chair, department dean, vice president, or president of their home institution. The reference letter must officially introduce the student participant by his/her legal name, providing his/her student identification number/code, the official title of the student screenplay, and a brief description of the student’s artistic intention and future academic and career goals. All letters must be in PDF form. The student participants in the film competition should email their letters of reference to email@example.com by the submission deadline. Letters received after the submission deadline, along with letters without an official signature and date will automatically disqualify the submitted film or screenplay from any form of participation.
6. The BHFF accepts multiple film OR screenplay submissions per student. Each participant must pay the required submission fee for each entry separately. If chosen as an Official Selection, the BHFF only accepts ONE submission per participant.
7. Upon being accepted as an Official Selection for the upcoming festival, each accepted student or writer must agree to the Terms and Conditions of the BHFF if he/she wishes to have the accepted screenplay title and author(s) published on the BHFF official website.
8. The BHFF does not provide any form of legal and/or travel assistance to international student filmmakers and/or writers who wish to either attend the festival or represent their accepted film during the festival. The student filmmakers and writers must accept full responsibility for all their legal travel requirements.
Date of Submission:
Earlybird Deadline: August 1st, 2018
Regular Deadline: November 1st, 2018
Late Deadline: December 1st, 2018
WAB Extended Deadline: January 5th, 2019
Notification Date: Approximately Feb 10th, 2019
SUBMISSION SCREENING FORMAT:
The BHFF only accepts Online screeners.
COMPLETED SUBMISSIONS INCLUDE:
- Submission fees
- All required fields through Online platform
- All films must include responses to the following: Synopsis (in English), 2 high resolution stills from the film, full cast and credits list, and an official film poster
All payments and fees for submissions must be paid through the Online submission process. The BHFF does not accept any mailed payments.
There are absolutely no refunds.
The BHFF does not wave submission fees to preserve the integrity of the competition and its participants’ artistic works.
- The BHFF accepts screenplays in all genres
- Multiple screenplays may be submitted by one writer
- Upon acceptance, only 1 screenplay per writer is selected
- The BHFF accepts screenplays in all standard publication styles
- Screenplay submissions are not required to include artwork
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS (SCREENPLAYS):
The BHFF assigns an expert committee of professionals in the field of Composition to review and consider the Official Student Selection entries. The festival does not recognize a limit for the number of accepted screenplays in the competition.
The BHFF recommends Filmmakers and Screenplay Writers attending the festival to consider the following promotional opportunities:
- 50 postcards and/or business cards, displaying any work information and BHFF official laurel
- All promotional documents should not reference any other film festival other than the BHFF
- Accepted filmmakers as Official Selections must bring a poster of their film mounted on a foam/cork board back. Each filmmaker must provide his/her own easel to display the poster during the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
- The Beverly Hills Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Beverly Hills Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including but not limited, to attorney's fees and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT:
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements
- All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate
- In consideration for the selection opportunity into the Beverly Hills Film Festival, I release and discharge the Beverly Hills Film Festival from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Beverly Hills Film Festival from any claims that arise as a result of my screenplay and/or film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
- I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this screenplay and/or film to the Beverly Hills Film Festival.
- I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected screenplay and/or film, any prize awarded to the selected screenplay and/or film is to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected screenplay and/or film.
- I understand that the Beverly Hills Film Festival may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.
- I understand that the Beverly Hills Film Festival does not issue any form of refund to any selected screenplay and film regardless of circumstances.