Features: minimum 60 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2013
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
Projects must be a premiere in Toronto
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2)|
| Other - Digital|
| .MOV (Quicktime)|
| .WMV (Windows Media)|
| .AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved)|
Press Kit Requirements
Do not submit a press kit.
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD FOR BEST FEATURE
The fans’ choice for best feature, as counted by typically over 3,000 audience votes at our festival. Three Levels are awarded: GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE for the top three rated feature films by fans.
Sponsor:Toronto After Dark
FANS CHOICE AWARDS - MULTIPLE CATEGORIES
Including: Best Film by Genre (Sci-Fi, Horror, Action) and other specialty categories including Best Cinematography, Editing and Writing
FEATURE FILMS – MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS - SUMMARY
1. Completed on or after January 1st, 2013. Completed films as well as Works-In-Progress / Rough Cuts are also accepted.
2. Run time of 60 minutes or longer
3. Screening at our festival would be its Toronto Premiere (only applies to feature films)
4. Must NOT have played in Canada on TV, nor be available on DVD/Blu-Ray, Video on Demand, Pay Per View or publicly online in Canada (only applies to feature films)
5. Not previously submitted to the festival
6. Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English
7. Film is in at least one of the following genres:
- Horror, Supernatural
- Sci-Fi, Fantasy
- Crime, Action, Thriller, Suspense
- Cult, Bizarre, Genre-defying, Experimental
- Documentary (with a genre connection)
PLEASE NOTE: ONLINE SCREENERS ONLY. MAIL-IN SCREENERS NOT ACCEPTED ANYMORE.
From now on, Toronto After Dark Film Festival ONLY accepts online film screeners. Also any applicable submission fees must also be paid online at time of your entry. We do not accept mail-in screeners or cheques. If you are using Withoutabox, please submit your film using their Secure Online Screener service, selecting their high quality HD streaming option.
2015 NOTIFICATION DEADLINES:
- BY END OF AUG, 2015: You will receive a notification by email, confirming that your submission has been made, and that it is being processed.
- BY END OF SEPT, 2015: You will receive a notification from us by email, informing you of our final selection decision, and if your film has been programmed for screening. If selected, other departments from our festival including Print Traffic and Guest Relations will also follow up with you around this time, to ensure that your screening at our festival this October is a huge success.
PLEASE E-MAIL OUR SUBMISSIONS DEPARTMENT AT ANYTIME: