August 15, 2016
November 15, 2016
December 15, 2016
January 15, 2017
Discounted fees apply to projects with pre-purchased Discount Packs, on entry fees greater than 30.00.
Approximately February 1, 2017
Submission & Exhibition Format RequirementsSUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Paper (Printed Hard Copy)|
| PDF (.pdf)|
| Microsoft Word (.doc)|
| Microsoft Word (.docx)|
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
Golden Palm Award Grant
Great films start with exceptional screenplays. The BHFF selects feature-length or short-length screenplays for competition that will grab the reader and audience passionately and captivate them, whether the characters are likeable or not. Expert storytelling can include a number of aspects, such as: confidence, a distinctive voice, concise, yet descriptive language, well-developed characters, inspiration, conflict, romance, a mission, obstacles, drama, comedy, and the risk of loss. The BHFF looks for the heart of the story—the driving force, and it wants to see a screenplay that is concise, has cohesive and fluid dialogue, along with fundamental substance. The recipient of the Golden Palm Award for Best Screenplay will also receive a grant of $1000.
Sponsor:Beverly Hills Film Festival
Cash Award Value: 1,000 U.S. Dollar
Date of Submission:
Earlybird Deadline: August 15th, 2016
Regular Deadline: November 15th, 2016
Late Deadline: December 15th, 2016
WAB Extended Deadline: January 15th, 2017
Notification Date: Approximately Feb 1st, 2017
SUBMISSION SCREENING FORMAT:
The BHFF only accepts Online screeners.
COMPLETED SUBMISSIONS INCLUDE:
- Submission fees
- All required fields through Online platform
All payments and fees for submissions must be paid through the Online submission process. The BHFF does not accept any mailed payments.
There are absolutely no refunds.
The BHFF does not wave submission fees to preserve the integrity of the competition and its participants’ artistic works.
- The BHFF accepts screenplays in all genres
- Multiple screenplays may be submitted by one writer
- Upon acceptance, only 1 screenplay per writer is selected
- The BHFF accepts screenplays in all publication styles, including MLA, APA, Chicago
- Screenplay submissions are not required to include artwork
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS (SCREENPLAYS):
The BHFF assigns an expert committee of professionals in the field of Composition to review and consider the Official Selection entries. The festival does not recognize a limit for the number of accepted screenplays in the competition. All Official Selection entries compete for the following categories:
- 2nrd Runner-Up
- 1st Runner-up
- The Golden Palm for Best Screenplay
The BHFF recommends Filmmakers and Screenplay Writers attending the festival to consider the following promotional opportunities:
- 50 postcards and/or business cards, displaying any work information and BHFF official laurel
- All promotional documents should not reference any other film festival other than the BHFF
- Accepted filmmakers as Official Selections must bring a poster of their film mounted on a foam/cork board back. Each filmmaker must provide his/her own easel to display the poster during the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
- The Beverly Hills Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Beverly Hills Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses, including but not limited, to attorney's fees and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT:
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements
- All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate
- In consideration for the selection opportunity into the Beverly Hills Film Festival, I release and discharge the Beverly Hills Film Festival from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Beverly Hills Film Festival from any claims that arise as a result of my screenplay and/or film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
- I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this screenplay and/or film to the Beverly Hills Film Festival.
- I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected screenplay and/or film, any prize awarded to the selected screenplay and/or film is to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected screenplay and/or film.
- I understand that the Beverly Hills Film Festival may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.
- I understand that the Beverly Hills Film Festival does not issue any form of refund to any selected screenplay and film regardless of circumstances.