Shorts: From 1 minutes to 10 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2011
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Project must not have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Biography/Filmography - Writer
> One-Sheet Art - Postcards
> One-Sheet Art - Fliers
> One-Sheet Art - Posters
> Statement by the Director
> Press Clippings
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
Jury Award 2
Scholarship for one year of study at ACT Multimedia Cinema School-Cinecitta' (Rome)
This prize is shared with other categories.
Jury Award 1
Free summer film courses at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
This prize is shared with other categories.
Jury Award 3
1,500 euro cash
1) The seventh annual Meeting Rimini Film Festival honors works that reflect the human quest to engage in daily life that expresses itself in a types of films: drama, comedy, mystery, documentary or animation.
Organized by the Meeting for Friendship among Peoples, with the collaboration of Made Officina Creativa, the School of Visual Arts in New York, the Academy of Cinema, ACT multimedia of Rome and the monthly Italian magazine Best Movie (collectively “the collaborators”), the festival hosts workshops and debates with distinguished people from the world of cinema.
2) The contest is open to works completed after January 2012 that depict a fiction or non-fiction visual story (film, animation, stop-motion, or documentary).
3) Films must be no longer than 10 minutes. There is no minimum length. Entries must be accompanied by a synopsis in English. NON ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILMS must have English subtitles. Films without subtitles are not eligible.
4) All submissions directed to the Festival must be accompanied by a completed application, which can be found on the Meeting’s website www.meetingrimini, at www.bestmovie.it , or through Withoutabox at www.withoutabox.com/login/8903
The work must be sent in DVD format Region 0 for jury screening. No Pal. Participants may send their films in digital format, MOV, AVI, WMW, SD, or HD.
Address your entry to:
Meeting Rimini Film Festival
Made Officina Creativa
All packages should be clearly marked “Meeting Rimini Film Festival” and contain only one submission copy. All the information regarding the work must be clear on the envelope and on the DVD case. Include the return address.
5) The entry fee is 15.00 Euros, which may be paid through the Meeting of Rimini website www.meetingrimini.org/eng/ or Withoutabox http://www.without abox.com/login/903
Method of Payment:
If applying through the Meeting for the Friendship among Peoples, please send your payment to “Fondazione Meeting per l’amicizia fra I popoli.”. Checking Account n. 1113974. C/O Meeting Rimini Film Festival 2014. IBAN: IT53 H 06285 24201 CC0010089458
Payment through PayPal should be made directly through www.meetingrimini.org
Application and payment may be also made through www.withoutabox.com/login/8903
6) Deadline: The DVD, application form and payment must be postmarked no later than May 9, 2014. The application will be acknowledged by a confirmation email from the Rimini Organization.
7) Applicants must have worked on the film in at least one of the following capacities: scriptwriter, director, cinematographer and editor. No participant can submit more than one work.
8) By participating in the competition, the entrant certifies that the content of the film, both visual and sound, is original, not covered by any other copyright, that no part of the film infringes upon any copyright and that the Meeting, the collaborators, and their agents, employees, and affiliates shall be held harmless from any claims or litigation resulting from the making or exhibition of the film. Also, the Meeting shall retain for its own purposes copies of the works. The meeting and the Collaborators are not responsible for loss, theft or damage to any DVDs.
9) The Meeting Rimini Film Festival will have the right to show the film before any other public screening and shall retain the right to show the film in any official Meeting of Rimini activities. Entrant will allow usage of digital clips, photos, press material or excerpts for promotional use and on the Meeting Rimini Film Festival website, national and international television, radio, in print and at any live Festival events or events connected with the Festival. Additionally, the Meeting will be acknowledged in the credits of the film whenever it is shown in that finalists that are part of the Official Selection agree to use the "Official Selection" logotype of the Meeting of Rimini Film Festival on all publicity.
10) An appointed jury will do a preliminary selection of ten films. Then, the ten finalists will have a special screening during the two previews, one in Italy and one in NY.
11) The presentation of the awards will take place in August 2014 during the 35th Annual Edition of the Meeting (August 24-30). The winners will be notified directly and the results will be posted on the Meeting’s website and listed in Best Movie.
12) After the Award ceremony, the Meeting, upon authorization to the Entrants may screen the entire film on television, web, internet, cable.
13) Participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of these rules, and entrants agree that only the Meeting and its Collaborators can rule and decide any disagreements, disputes, or any matter related to the contest. The participant must comply with all rules and regulations. Fees are non-refundable.
14) Entrants authorize the Meeting to use and circulate their personal data in relation to the contest in accordance with Italian Law 196/2003.
For more information, please contact: Made Officina Creativa at:
Tel. +39 0541. 709131
Fax 0541 439995