Features: minimum 50 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2012
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
Projects must be a premiere in Los Angeles
Projects may have distribution
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Color Print
> Production Still Photos - Black&White Print
> Production Still Photos - Digital
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is not a competition.
No prizes/awards entered for this category.
Documentary Features must be at least 50 minutes long.
• Films and videos should be of interest to people of color and lesbians, gay men, bisexual, queer, intersex and/or transgendered
communities. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts) in
35mm, 16mm, Digibeta, DCP or HD-Cam. (Upon acceptance, Outfest will provide projection options for the venue in which the film will screen. IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED.)
*Outfest now accepts online screeners to be uploaded to Withoutabox for preview screening if you choose to do so.
• DVD (Region 1/North America) will be accepted for preview screening. If your final exhibition format is video, do not submit
your master to us. We are not responsible for any master tapes. Please test consumer-burned DVD on several makes and models of
players before sending it to our offices.
• Preview DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number).
DVDs must be submitted in 5 1/4” by 7 1/2” plastic safe cases. Please do not use paper labels on DVDs as they can get stuck inside of computers.
• If you wish to have your preview DVD returned for any reason after the festival, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope
with suitable postage along with your submission. (Outfest will retain preview DVDs of works selected for the festival; these DVDs will later be archived at the UCLA Film & Television Archive as part of the Outfest UCLA Legacy Project Library unless otherwise requested.)
• A completed entry form must be included with every submission. If you are submitting more than one entry, please photocopy and
complete a separate form for each submission.
• Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition print or tape will be available by February 3, 2014.
Please label the tape or DVD “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc).
• By submitting your work to Outfest, you grant to Outfest a non-exclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission DVD of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to Internet and television broadcast.
• Should your work be accepted to the festival, Outfest reserves the right to make dubs of your DVD for internal use only.
• Still photos from your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films and videos selected for the festival.
Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press
coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still. If you email stills to Outfest they must be in TIFF or JPEG format and 300
dpi (dots per inch).
• You are also encouraged to enclose a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film or video.
• To receive acknowledgment of receipt of your entry, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope or postcard with your submission.
• Please do not send submissions in fiber-filled envelopes, as the dust damages DVD players.