Features: minimum 60 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2013
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
No premiere requirement
Project must not have distribution
3 SUBMISSION COPIES REQUIRED
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
| .MOV (QuickTime)|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
Press Kit Requirements
A press kit is required, but only after acceptance.
Prizes & Awards
This category is a competition.
18th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival
FEATURE FILM COMPETITION SUBMISSION FORM
September 17-21, 2014
New York City
Thank you for submitting your film to the Urbanworld Film Festival, presented by BET. The festival will be held in New York City, September 17 - 21, 2014. We look forward to seeing your film and will contact you by July 11, 2014 as to your project's status. Good luck!
Certification of Entrant:
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered;
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition;
5. I hold the Urbanworld Film Festival ("Festival") and the Urbanworld Group harmless from damage to or loss of the print to or from the Festival or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film.
Submission dates: Feb 25, 2014 - June 4, 2014
NOTIFICATION DATE: Approx July 11, 2014
- The director of the film must consider himself/herself of African, Latino or Asian descent. If the director is none of the above, the film must feature cast members of African, Latino, or Asian descent in prominent roles or have a screenwriter of African, Latino or Asian descent.
- Festival screenings will only be shown on HDCAM.
- Film must have a composite optical sound.
- Films in competition may not have had a commercial distribution or broadcast in the United States. The Festival reserves the right to waive this rule in the case of small non-commercial, non-publicized showings.
- Film must have been completed after January 1, 2013.
- Works in progress may be submitted as long as a print (HDCam) will be available for screening during the Festival.
- All entries must be postmarked by June 4, 2014.
- All works must be submitted via ONLINE SECURE - (WE PREFER THIS MODE OF ENTRY,) or on DVD format only. We require 3 DVDs screeners for your submission to be considered complete. DVDs will not be returned.
- Entry must include a completed and signed application. Keep a copy of your completed application form for reference.
- Film title and contact information of entrant must be on all materials and containers.
- For confirmation that we received your entry, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant, provided separate applications and the submission fee accompanies each entry.
- DVDs and publicity materials will not be returned. Please keep publicity materials to a minimum.
- The Festival is not responsible for DVDs lost or damaged in transit.
- You must have your electronic press kit materials available for download on WAB for the festival, no later than Aug 1st, if accepted.
- IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR ANY DISCOUNT YOU MUST HAVE PRIOR PERMISSION FROM
AIDAH Z. MUHAMMAD IN THE FORM OF A FEE WAIVER. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR FILM WITH NO PAYMENT OR PARTIAL PAYMENT YOUR SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THE FULL BALANCE IS PAID VIA CREDIT CARD. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO REMINDERS.
- Send a check or money order, in U.S. funds only, payable to the URBANWORLD FOUNDATION.
- Entry fees will not be returned and are non-refundable.
- The Festival reserves the right to impose a $25 surcharge for returned checks and for applications received postmarked after June 4, 2014.
Mail Application(s), DVD(s) and check(s) (payable in U.S. funds to URBANWORLD FOUNDATION.) to:
URBANWORLD FILM FESTIVAL
Attn: Aidah Z. Muhammad
174 W 4th Street
PO Box 119
New York, NY 10014
RE: "Call For Submissions"