Shorts: maximum 50 minutes
Projects completed after 01-Jan-2012
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Projects may originate from anywhere in the world
Projects must be a premiere in MN
Projects may have distribution
3 SUBMISSION COPIES REQUIRED
SUBMISSION COPY FORMATS
| Secure Online Screener|
| Other - Digital|
SUBMISSION COPY LANGUAGES
| .MOV (Quicktime)|
A press kit is requested but not required, including:
> Production Still Photos - Digital
> Photo of the Director - Digital
> Biography/Filmography - Director
> Biography/Filmography - Producer
> Biography/Filmography - Writer
> One-Sheet Art - Posters
> Statement by the Director
PRIZES & AWARDS
This category is a competition.
Audience Choice Award
Audiences cast their votes in the categories of Best Narrative, Documentary, Short Narrative, Short Doc, Minnesota Made Narrative, Minnesota Made Documentary, Minnesota Made Short Doc, and Minnesota Made Short Narrative.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2014 FESTIVAL:
1) Films completed after to January 1, 2012 are eligible for consideration for the 2014 Festival.
2) Minnesota Premieres are required of all U.S., International, and Minnesota Made Feature-length and short form submissions. Films that have been previously publicly screened within the state of Minnesota are not eligible for submission.
3) Submissions must not have broadcast or televised, or be publicly available in their entirety online prior to their date of exhibition in the Festival.
2) Foreign language (non-English) submissions must be available in their original language and soundtrack with English subtitles.
4) Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are eligible for submission for 2014 Festival consideration only if they have undergone extensive changes and reapply as a new submission.
The following submission requirements must be met before a submission can be considered. Submission materials will not be returned.
1) Completed Withoutabox Submission Form (online).
2) Submission Fee. Payment is accepted via Withoutabox or via money order made out to The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul. Submission fees are waived for films submitting as Minnesota Made by the Early or Regular deadlines. No other waivers will be granted.
4) Submissions must include an online (Vimeo preferred) or DVD (Region 0 or 1) screener. Vimeo links to online screeners should be be included in the Withoutabox Cover Letter.
5) Hard copy DVD submissions must be shipped prepaid and postmarked by the applicable deadline, submitted in paper sleeves and marked in permanent ink with the following information: Film Title, Withoutabox Tracking Number, Run Time. Hard copy DVD submissions should be sent to: Attn: Submissions, MSP International Film Festival, 125 SE Main St., Ste 125A, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Note: Please do not attach labels directly onto hard copy DVD submissions – this may render your submission unplayable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILMS SELECTED FOR EXHIBITION:
1) Feature Length Films:
i) Must be available for exhibition in one of the following formats: DCP (preferred), HDCam, or Blu-ray.
ii) Three additional DVD copies must be immediately sent to the Festival’s offices for press requests.
iii) Exhibition copies must be delivered to the Festival office by March 27, 2014.
2) Short Films:
i) Must be available in ProRes, H.264, or similarly low compression/high quality format/codec to be compiled onto a digital shorts reel.
ii) Files must be sent to the Festival office immediately upon notification of acceptance on a hard-drive, thumb drive, or be made available for download. The Festival does not provide an FTP site for file transfer.
iii) Short Films may also be accepted as DCP.
i) An Electronic Press Kit with high-resolution production stills, trailers, official synopsis, filmmaker bios, promotional postcards and posters should be sent to the Festivals offices for marketing purposes.
ii) Exhibition Copy Shipment: The film must be shipped prepaid, insured, and properly packaged. The Festival does not assume liability for damage to prints due to improper packaging or other reasons. All films while in our possession will be insured against loss and damage while participating in the event.
iii) Ship to Mailing Address:
MSP International Film Festival
125 SE Main Street, Suite 125A
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Submission notification will be sent on or around February 16, 2014.