HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Literati Film Festival is a collection of thought provoking works from around the world. It is an international showcase of film to evoke an emotional response and a perceptual alteration in the viewer. Accepting narrative, experimental, documentary and animation it is our hope they be shown together under the broad hood of cinema. It is our hope that you will behold something unfamiliar and strange, yet at the same time revel in its familiarity.
Anthology Film Archives - New York
The second annual film festival will be held at the Anthology Film Archives. It is their mission of preservation and promotion of film as an art medium that we hope to ally ourselves with. Founded by Jonas Mekas, Stan Brakhage, Jerome Hill, P. Adams Sitney and Peter Kubelka in 1969, it was created as a place where film as an art could be showcased.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
As Opera encompassed artistic union between different mediums, so to has film. It is the objective of the festival to celebrate the film in its totality. To also dissect it into its components and explore their beauty such as film score and concept art. Applicants are encouraged to submit any and all process materials and film scores to be reviewed as well. Art including but not limited to process, concept, props, installations, and costumes will be showcased in our grand opening and closing ceremonies.
We want to bring the viewer to a place outside their comfort zone, to a place where they normally are not allowed just as film does. It is a transitory experience. Voyeuristic, it is a window into the lives and minds of others. We want to show things that quicken the heart and mystify the senses.
Nick Christodoulidis (Managing Director); William Stitt (Festival Director); William Stitt (Festival Director)
1. One (1) DVD (NTSC) clearly labeled with entry number (if online), title, running time, email and contact name.
2. Payment. For non-online submissions, please send check or money order made out to: Literati Film Festival. See deadline fees.
Non-online payments in US dollars may be made by check or money order. Checks or money orders must be made out to Literati Film Festival. International applicants(including Canada) must use international money order paid in US dollars through US banks.
1. The festival is not responsible for damage to submission materials incurred in shipping.
2. All shipping costs to and from West Palm Beach must be paid for by the sender. All tapes must indicate title, name, and shipping address.
3. E-mail confirmations will be sent for submissions.
4. Submission preview materials will not be returned.
1. Submission DVD's, completed submission form, and submission fee must be postmarked by Early Deadline May 15, 2012, Regular Deadline June 22, 2012, Late Deadline July 22, 2012 and WAB Extended Deadline August 24, 2012.
2. All films and videos in a language other than English must be subtitled in English.
3. Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated below) for festival screening.
If selected the festival will require:
1. DVD, BluRay, MPEG 2, .MOV, AVI, 8mm, 16mm
2. Press kit(digital)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The undersigned hereby grants The Literati Film Festival the right to utilize any film submitted and or accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
2. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
3. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Literati Film Festival against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, publicity, credits, trademark, screening, and loss of or damage to screening materials.