SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The BFF is impassioned about films and dedicated to supporting filmmakers by providing a forum to showcase their artistic vision. A thoughtfully created program is presented that entertains, enlightens and educates the audience set in a city that is a hotbed of film production. A variety of awards are presented annually, i.e. Best Film, Performance, Documentary, Director, Cinematography, etc. Also, categories to laud productions that influence green living in addition to the unique “Mass Impact Award” that's given to a filmmaker whose story illuminates a social issue that positively affects humanity. Engaging Q&A sessions take place following all films with director and talent as well as red carpet press coverage.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Boston Film Festival is one of America's longest running and most recognized celebrations of films. The BFF travels filmmakers/actors (long form) and offers networking opportunities at various receptions hosted by the region's signature restaurants and chefs. Red carpets elicit press coverage during the festival in one of the nation's hotbed's of production. A diverse program of feature films, documentaries, animated and shorts will be presented at various venues throughout Boston. Emerging directors are highlighted alongside established studio filmmakers at the BFF. Q&A sessions with the director and actors follow every film screening. There are several awards given that honor Best Film, Best Documentary, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Animated Film and the BFF Eco Film tribute (that lauds productions which influence green living).
The BFF has a rich history of premiering many of Hollywood’s most celebrated and break out films. Some of the filmmakers and actors participating have included: Aaron Eckhart, Andy Garcia, Melissa Leo, George Clooney, Mike O'Maley, Bobby Moynihan, Brittany Snow, Leah Thompson, John Shea, Sam Rockwell, Ed Burns, Uma Thurman, Greg Kinnear, Dane Cook, Val Kilmer, Annette Benning, Tony Goldwyn, Marc Abrahams, Rene Zellweger, Kevin Spacey, Sir Ridley Scott, Jerry Weintraub, among others. Massachusetts is the birthplace of America’s best storytellers, and provides an ideal setting to showcase a festival of motion pictures during the spectacular fall foliage season.
Alison Demeule; Jason Wesley; Kascia Murray; Kim Cooper; Kim Cooper; Kim Cooper; Mariella Travis (Operations Manager); Matthew Giordano; Robin Dawson (Executive Director); Robin Dawson (Executive Director); Sean Ruderman (Assistant Administrator)
1. Acceptance of a film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew. The BFF does travel directors/actors for long form but reserves the right to designate attendees.
2. We endeavor to travel the director and an actor to Boston for Feature Films programmed as part of the schedule which is a requirement if the film is part of the BFF program.
3. The festival is responsible for the one-way shipment of the print, within the USA when leaving Boston.
4. All films accepted are press screened. You will be asked to send up to eight additional DVDs for press viewing.
5. All films are subject to reviews.
6. The number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of the Festival.
7. Due to high administrative and shipping costs, submission DVDs, videos and materials will not be returned.
8. We will not transfer PAL for viewing -- only forward NTSC format.
9. It is cost prohibitive for the festival to insure individual prints. Make sure you have your own insurance.
10. All submitted films must make their New England premiere at Boston Film Festival. Films are allowed to have screened in other regions within the United States and internationally, (but not in New England before the 2016 Boston Film Festival). In addition films cannot have been previously released in theaters or broadcast on television before the 2016 Boston Film Festival.
It is extremely important that you include your WAB tracking number, film title, running time, and all pertinent contact info with your DVD or VHS screener submission.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11. Boston Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
12. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
13. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Boston Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.