CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Animated shorts 40 minutes or under.
|Shorts with a sense of humor, 40 minutes or under.
|Dramatic shorts 40 minutes or under.
|Documentary shorts 40 minutes or under.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
ASPEN SHORTSFEST's mission is to create an intimate international forum to support and honor filmmakers who create shorts. Emerging artists, established film professionals, and movie-loving audiences gather together for a unique celebration of short cinema.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
ASPEN SHORTSFEST showcases the most innovative and vibrant voice on the cinematic landscape - the short. Each April enthusiastic audiences, filmmakers and special guests from around the globe gather in the scenic Rocky Mountain winter resort of Aspen, Colorado to participate in public screenings, panels, workshops, and other festivities that spotlight the art and craft of short moviemaking.
The festival’s centerpiece is its widely recognized and respected International Competition, in which approximately 80 selected finalists in several animation, documentary and live action categories compete for cash prizes. Certain awards may also qualify for Academy Award® consideration.
ASPEN SHORTSFEST’s 23rd edition takes place April 8 -13, 2014.
Early Bird (fee discount) - October 15, 2013
Regular - November 29, 2013
Late - December 13, 2013
WAB Extended - December 31, 2013
George Eldred (Co-Director)
; George Eldred (Co-Director)
; George Eldred (Co-Director)
; George Eldred (Director)
; Laura Thielen (Co-Director)
Please see the "Terms and Conditions" below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ASPEN SHORTSFEST 2014 - RULES & REGULATIONS
By agreeing to the terms and conditions on the entry form for Aspen Shortsfest, the person or entity (the Applicant) submitting an entry (the Short) to Aspen Shortsfest 2014 (ASF) acknowledges that he or she has read, understood and agrees to the following rules and guidelines:
1. The Applicant is legally authorized to enter the Short in ASF, and the Short is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Entries must be 40 minutes or under in length, completed since December 1, 2012, and submitted in one of the following categories: Animation, Comedy, Documentary, or Drama.
3. To qualify for the Student Award, the Short must have been completed while enrolled in an accredited film or media arts course or program.
4. Non-English language shorts must be subtitled in English or contain minimal dialog.
5. Entries previously submitted to either Aspen Filmfest or Aspen Shortsfest cannot be considered for Aspen Shortsfest 2014.
6. Entries previously exhibited in a public screening in Colorado cannot be considered for Aspen Shortsfest 2014.
7. ASF can only accept, consider and notify entries submitted with valid entry form and non-refundable entry fee. To be considered for ASF, the Applicant must fill out the entry form at Withoutabox.com. Applicant must submit either a Secure Online Screener or a DVD playable on US-formatted DVD player. (DVD must be shipped by the Entry Deadline appropriate to the Entry Fee paid.)
Entry Fee payment must be made online through Withoutabox, or included with DVD.
8. Late Entries: If you are unable to meet the December 13th (Late) deadline, please contact ASF at shortsfestATaspenfilm.org or (+1 970) 925-6882 x306 and tell us of your intent to send a late entry.
9. To verify ASF has received your entry, see the Withoutabox entry status, send entry DVD by Registered Mail or courier service, or include a self-addressed postcard. Please do not call or email the office.
10. Selected short finalists will be notified in late February. All other entrants will receive notice by March 8, 2014.
If your contact information changes between entry submission and our notification date, please update your information on WAB and email changes to ASF at: shortsfestATaspenfilm.org.
11. Entry materials such as DVDs or press kits cannot be returned.
12. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials in the Short. The Applicant releases and discharges ASF, its employees and agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to this Short.
13. In the event that the Short is accepted as a Finalist by ASF, the Applicant hereby agrees to the following rights and requests and grants to ASF without reservations, conditions or qualifications:
14. ASF reserves the right to screen an exhibition-quality videotape or digital file of the Short (see guidelines for accepted formats) during ASF (April 8-13, 2014).
15. ASF reserves the right to coordinate ALL publicity and press outreach concerning the Short’s presentation at ASF, including but not limited to:
16. ASF reserves the right to use excerpt clips, still images and/or titles, and information from or relating to the Short for promotional purposes in all media including Aspen Film's website.
17. ASF reserves the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Short and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
18. ASF reserves the right to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Short and to grant ASF the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
19. ASF reserves the right to retain a preview copy of any Short selected as a Finalist for ASF’s non-circulating library.
20. ASF reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees, any entry which is in violation of the guidelines and participation agreement.