CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Narrative Feature Films
|This category is in competition and include films from all over the word and the United States Of America. The film should be in the English language OR with English subtitles, and should be in the narrative form. Running time should at least be 50 minutes.
|Documentary Feature Films
|This category is in competition and include films originating from all over the world and the United States of America. The film should be in the English language OR with English subtitles, and should be in the documentary form. Running time should at least be 50 minutes.
|This category is in competition of International FIlms that include films originating from all over the world and the United States of America. The film should be in the English-language OR with English subtitles and can in the narrative or documentary form. Running time should be not more that 30 minutes.
|This category is in competition and include films originating within the United States of America and globally. The film should be in English language or with English subtitles and should be in narrative form. Running time should be not more that 10 minutes and not less that 1 minute.
|This category is in competition of SHORT ANIMATION fIlms defined as a film that has been created using any frame-by-frame animation technique, Including but not limited to 2D, 3D, Claymation, CGI, Computer Animation, Cut-out, Puppet and any other creative endeavors and tools. Animation Films originating from all over the world and the United States of America is encouraged to submit. The film should be in the English-language OR with English subtitles.
|This category is in competition for Spanish language films, this include films originating from all over the world or the United States of America OR filmmaker with a Latin descent. The film should be in the English-language OR with English subtitles and can in the narrative or documentary form. Running time should be not more that 30 minutes.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
New York City is the capital of the world, a place where the world converges. And we would like to celebrate international and independent films. We have a vision that film as a medium can make a positive impact in the world and the belief that New York City and its people is the best place to make this happen. It can be as simple as sharing a laughter or a tear in a short film or making a direct impact on lives across the world in a documentary. IFFM believes in filmmakers and will give support in showcasing their works in NY, by giving them the full NY theatrical experience! All invaluable in fostering film careers in this age of hybrid and self distribution. It starts by helping filmmakers find their audience in NY by giving them opportunities to promote their film.
IFFM will also be a platform for different causes and social action through the films and events. Enjoy the best of what New York has to offer with our IFFM events which includes: Industry Networking Parties, personalized treatment of filmmakers and their films, opportunity for discussion, Red Carpet, Media Events and Seminars all in the greatest city in the world.
For the 2014 IFFM, we will have a spotlight on Latino Films.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
International Film Festival Manhattan (IFFM) offers a quality selection of world-class films that will be showcased in downtown Manhattan at the historic Quad Cinemas. Our programming encompasses all different genres of diverse program. Narrative features, documentaries, shorts and student films from all over the world. We also have a focus on social relevance as part of our programming and our goals.
We are visionaries who believes in the possibilities of New York, the greatest city in the world. We have seen how film, as a powerful medium can make a direct impact on lives or facilitate change. We also have seen the unique diversity of New York's culture and its people. The city's appreciation for film and ability to make things happen. Our vision is to help merge the two, creating an opportunity for filmmakers and artist to showcase their works in New York. Support will be given to all filmmakers to help find their audiences.
IFFM is committed in showcasing entertaining and diverse films in all genres and scope to equal the diversity of New York. It is also committed in exploring all opportunities to promote the artists, his work, his vision, and his cause if he has any, during the showing of the films and the events during the festival.
By submitting to IFFM, you give permission to the festival to screen your film (if selected) and to utilize Movie, clips or stills of your entry for festival promotional purposes (including but not limited to television, web and presentations).
Luis Pedron (Programmer)
1) All films must have been completed not earlier than October 2002.
2) It is encouraged that films be in English or else, Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
3) IFFM New York will be screening at a thetre in NYC.
4) IFFM New York, does not require World Premiere, but appreciates if you notify us if you are either a World Premiere, International Premiere (your first premiere outside your country of origin), North American Premiere or New York Premiere.
5) Entry fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry and are non-refundable.
6) Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail, phone on or before October 8, 2014.
7) Regarding shipping to IFFM New York, the submitting filmmaker will be responsible for the mailing/shipping cost of the work, both for the submitted cut for consideration screeners, and final screener copy for screnning at the film festival.
Ship entries to:
75-18A Broadway # 544
Elmhurst NY 11373 USA
8) Submit your entry in DVD format (NTSC Region 0 and 1 for US) or oline screener (encouraged). Please mark the specific category submission outside your envelope, mailer or package. Inside, the DVD screener must be labeled with the contact info (name/ph/email), the work’s title, the name of the director, the running time. Please attach an informational sheet (or Press Kit): Include a two sentence description of the film and a 500 word synopsis, info about director, production notes, production picture and info about actors.
9) All submitted entry materials will not be returned.
10) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry and entry fee on a separate DVD.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned submitter/filmmaker, duely acknowledge and agree to the following:
A. I have thouroughly read the rules and regulations of the festival, understood and will comly with all the requirements that are due. I promise that, all of the statements in this documenst are true.
B. This film is definitely not subject to any litigation and is not threatened by any litigations.
C. I hold the International Film Festival Manhattan New York (IFFM New York) completely harmless from and legally not responsible for any possible damage, piracy or loss of the submitted material en route to and from and during the course of its possession by the said Festival.
D. I am the authorized person submit this film to the International Film Festival Manhattan New York (IFFM New York)
E. If the film is selected for the IFFM New York, I give permission for the said festival to screen the film, use images, sounds, and excerpts from the work for promotional purposes and all types of media and on the IFFM New York website, www.iffmnewyork.com.
F. All Rights reserved by the IFFM New York reserve any and all rights pertaining to the rules, regulations, criteria, and guidelines of this festival.