CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Feature Category is open to any genre in lengths from over 40 to a maximum of 130 minutes. All genres are welcome, including Animation!
|Narrative Short Film
|Short category accepts all genres and forms, from over 5 to a maximum of 40 minutes. All genres are welcome, including Animation!
|Narrative Micro Film
|All genres and forms, from over 1 Second to a maximum of 5 minutes. All genres, including Musicvideos that tell a story, are welcome; including Animation!
|Any genre documentary from 1 minute to a maximum of 120 minutes.
|You know that your movie is a bit trashy or very experimental? Well, we have a category for that: Trash Film! During the Trash Night the Audience will pick the trashiest movie! All genres and forms, from 1 second to a maximum of 30 minutes are welcome. We choose "B-Movie" as genre here in WAB, but don't worry, if it's trashy, it's good for this category!
|Films for Kids (Kinder Kino)
|The Kids audience will pick the movie they loved the most! All genres and forms (including Animations) from 0 to a maximum of 20 minutes are welcome.
Films must be adequat for children from 7 to 10 years of age!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Tyrolean Independent Filmfestival is already an important film festival for independent filmmakers. It's a truly independent film festival with a "Sundance character" in the heart of the European Alps, the alpine-urban city of Innsbruck, Austria.
We're looking for high-quality movies between art house and hollywood block busters, entertaining movies that have the potential to reach a great international audience.
It’s not the budget that matters for us, it’s the creativity of the filmmakers, actors, writers, editors, cinematographers. It’s not about who you know in the industry, it’s about talent. Our mandate is to present the most outstanding films produced in every part of the world and to support local filmmakers to reach an international audience.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The TyIFF is organized by experienced professionals. The goal of the TyIFF l is to bring exposure to Independent Filmmakers, allowing screenings for the public, industry professionals, and press. Every other year we give the filmmakers a chance for networking and talking to friends. Great movies in a modern alpine city, that's the Tyrolean Independent Film Festival.
All Movies are watched, decisions are made because of the talent we see, not because of the budget or the filmmakers industry-contacts.
We love movies, respect filmmakers, and we give good movies and talented filmmakers a chance to present themselves to the public.
; Michael Zechmann (Filmmaker)
; Michael Zechmann (Filmmaker)
; Michael Zechmann (Filmmaker)
2014 TYROLEAN INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL OFFICIAL GUIDELINES AND RULES:
1. SUBMISSION FORMAT: All Festival submissions must be sent as secure online screener (withoutabox) or as Vimeo / youtube online screener; NO DVDs or BlueRays can be accepted! We do not return entries.
2. Do not send any master tapes or original media units for preview purposes. We do not insure video/media tapes, cassettes and discs. If you want to have your preview material insured, please care for yourself and insure your materials. We are not liable for any loss of preview material during shipping.
3. Submissions WILL NOT be returned.
4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES are allowed, but have to be submitted separately (Each film needs its' own tracking number!).
5. LANGUAGE: Films must be in German or English; All other languages have to be subtitled in English; Due to our international audience, German movies should be English subtitled, too.
6. PRODUCER / FILMMAKER / COPYRIGHTS: submitter (filmmaker or producer) will be referred to as producer or submitter. Producer or submitter must own all copyrights; must be able to provide model/actor release verification if requested; must be able to provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification if requested. Producer/submitter agrees to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film.
That means: The submitting filmmaker shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TyIFF and its organizers and administrators from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorneys fees) resulting form or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties and/or which are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this section.
7. SUBMISSION DEADLINES: Entrants are expect to enter latest by the deadline with remaining assets (including online screening copy and payed fees) to be received within latest 5 business days following the deadline.
8. ENTRY FEES: View the "Call for Entries" to note fees and deadlines. Entry fees are non-refundable. If your entry fee is not received with or prior to your submission, your entry may be deemed disqualified at the discretion of the TyIFF. We do NOT grant waivers (see 9.)!
9. Sorry, we can not grant waivers for submission fees because TyIFF is a true independent festival and will therefore reject influence in any form by third party sponsors. In case you are a very poor film maker from a very poor nation, please contact us first by email. Submissions pretending a "fee waiver" in the submission form without having us contacted first, will be disqualified and deleted automatically and will be removed from the selection process.
10. PRESENTATION FORMAT: If accepted into the TyIFF, producers must be able to provide a DCP for digital presentation in the cinema. If you do not have a DCP we accept specially formatted digital files that can be converted into a proper DCP by us for you (free of charge). Formats are subject to change.
11. PREMIERE/DISTRIBUTION STATUS: We do accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere; submissions may have distribution agreements already in place. However, submissions running in TV, theatrical, video, cable, pay-per-view, other festival, or other distribution outlets concurrently or in the same month of the festival may not be eligible for screening. Decisions made at TyIFF discretion. Austrian or Tyrol premiers are preferred.
12. LOSS OR DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival. However, the producer agrees to release the TyIFF from responsibility should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the TyIFF.
13. ROUGH CUTS AND INCOMPLETE PROJECTS are not accepted!
14. TyIFF MARKETING: By submitting the producer is consenting for use and copying of accepted projects for the purpose of promoting the Tyrolean Independent Film Festival and future festivals. The producer is giving TyIFF permission to use up to three minutes of submission to promote the festival or the screening of your film.
15. TyIFF EXHIBITION AND SCREENING: By submitting to the festival, if chosen as an official selection, the producer is hereby granting permission for the Festival to exhibit Producer's submission in the TyIFF event.
16. TyIFF EXHIBITION AND SCREENING: By submitting, Producer acknoweldges that the number of films the festival selects and exhibits may vary from year-to-year based on, but not limited to, total number of entries, quality of entries, final sponsorhip revenue, and venue availability. Decisions are final and at the discretion of the TyIFF.
17. SCREENERS AND JURY: All screening, selection, and jury decisions are final. Our panel of jurors and our screening committee use a rating system on entries and official selections. They screen many films; however, as with all festivals there is limited programming availability. By entering the TyIFF and any of its contests. Producers/Submitters need to be aware that entry does not guarantee a screening. Additionally, being chosen as an Official Selection does not guarantee a screening in the theater either. The TyIFF may have Official Selections (non-screening) as well as Official Selections (screening). Decisions are final and at the discretion of the TyIFF.
18. OFFICIAL SELECTIONS: If chosen as an official selection, the TyIFF will request acknowledgment of your acceptance and additional materials. If any of the requested materials are not received by the festival in the time allotted, it is at the discretion of the festival to keep or remove the project as an Official Selection.
19. QUALIFIERS: Entrants must adhere to the category requirements as outlined on the TyIFF website www.tyiff.com
20. Official Selections will be announced on the TyIFF website and via e-mail approximately two months prior to the film festival.
21. Winners of each competitive category will be announced at the event's closing award ceremonies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tyrolean Independent Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Tyrolean Independent Film Festival from and against and and all claims liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.