PETITION THIS FEST • CLICK HERE to be counted as an anonymous
"petition" – encouraging this event to "evolutionize" its
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Crossroads Film Festival provides Jackson, Mississippi and the Southeast region with a forum for independent film and video, in addition to being an advocate for film and video production in the American Southeast. The festival seeks to showcase the best films and videos from around the world for a culturally diverse audience.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
If you think you know Mississippi ... think again! Jackson, Mississippi is the cultural crossroads of the south (hence the name - Crossroads Film Festival) and is the place where all the good stuff gets thrown together. This is where the music of delta Bluesman Robert Johnson runs straight into the home of the International Ballet Competition. We are home to Tennessee Williams, Willie Morris, Eudora Welty, William Faulkner, James Earl Jones, Oprah Winfrey, Morgan Freeman, and some of the world’s greatest historians, photographers, and musicians.
We are also home to some real quirky and creative folks, fried catfish, sweet tea, and a film festival to rival the best of them. Come challenge Mississippi’s creative class & be showered in Southern hospitality. There’ll be cash prizes, Southern celebrities, workshops, daily receptions and nightly jukin’ with live music. It’s all about your story. Share it. Come see us and we’ll show you a great time.
Michele Baker (Festival Coordinator); Nina Parikh; Robert Traub (Submissions & Screening Coordinator)
1. All entry deadline dates are enforced. All decisions made by Crossroads Film Festival are final.
2. By entering Crossroads Film Festival, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by the official rules of the Crossroads Film Festival.
3. Principals and those affiliated with Crossroads Film Society and Film Festival are eligible to submit films for consideration and competition and to be judged by an independent jury; however, they shall not be eligible for any monetary prize if that film is selected to receive an award. Films submitted by independent judges for Crossroads Film Festival are not eligible for competition during the year in which the judge serves on the jury panel for the Festival.
4. "Mississippi Filmmakers" must have a current Mississippi address.
5. Music videos submitted for consideration in the "Music Video Showcase" must be for bands (all types, all genres of music) within a rough 3-hour driving radius of Jackson, Mississippi, USA (Memphis, Birmingham, Mobile, New Orleans, Baton Rouge…). Not sure if your band qualifies? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to check.
6. Please submit in the correct category and by the stated deadlines. Festival organizers reserve the right to change a film entry’s category to the appropriate category, and to bill the filmmaker for any additional fees if necessary. Festival organizers also reserve the right to disqualify entries that have not been paid in full and/or have not been received by stated deadlines. All prices are given in US Dollars ($).
7. The Festival reserves the right to impose a $40 surcharge for returned checks.
WE NEED YOUR INFO!!
On the project form of your Film Freeway filmmaker account, please include the following information:
1. Current, complete contact info (name, address, city/state/zip, phone, email).
2. Filmmaker(s) biography/resume.
3. Technical credits on the film: director(s), producer(s), year of production, country(ies) of production
WE SCREEN ONLINE VIA A PRIVATE SERVICE
The Crossroads Film Festival uses a private online service to screen films internally (screening & festival committee members and / or judges). The Crossroads Film Festival will make your film available online for viewing *unless you opt out.*
Please email email@example.com to opt-out of the service.
SUBMITTING YOUR FILM
Crossroads Film Festival STRONGLY PREFERS online screeners or a link to an online video (such as YouTube or Vimeo). Please include a valid password if required. If these options are not available, please send two (2) DVDs.
-- Do not use fiber-padded envelopes to send DVDs - the residue ruins DVDs & equipment.
-- Please LABEL ALL MATERIALS AND THEIR CONTAINERS with your name, address, city, state, zip, phone number, valid email address, submission title, and your FF entry number.
-- Crossroads will acknowledge receipt of your submitted materials If you include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
-- The Festival is not responsible for DVDs not claimed after June 1.
-- The Festival is not responsible for DVDs lost or damaged in transit.
-- Keep a copy of your completed application for reference.
-- Entry fees are nonrefundable.
-- One entry form per submission.
-- Filmmaker may submit more than one project but each must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
MAILING YOUR DVDs x 2
PREFERRED MAILING ADDRESS:
Crossroads Film Festival
P. O. Box 22604
Jackson, MS 39225-2604
IF SENDING OVERNIGHT OR BY COURIER SERVICE:
Crossroads Film Festival
c/o Mississippi Arts Center
201 E. Pascagoula St.
Jackson, MS 39201
Please LABEL ALL MATERIALS AND THEIR CONTAINERS with your name, address, city, state, zip, phone number, valid email address, submission title, and your WAB entry number.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-- If your film is selected, the filmmaker is responsible for immediately providing an electronic press kit (including photos, synopsis, and cast and crew credits).
-- If your film is selected, the filmmaker is solely responsible for the delivery of his/her film to the Festival address within the appropriate time frame.
-- If your film is selected, the filmmaker is responsible for transportation to and from Jackson, Mississippi.
-- The Festival will provide some accommodations (1 room per film) to a limited number of accepted films on a first-come, first-served basis.
-- If the filmmaker (or representative) is not in attendance, the Crossroads Film Festival will provide return shipping of the master film print.