CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The PFF, born in 2006 in the ghost town of Pentedattilo, Italy, by a group of filmmakers and produced by 'Ram Film' and the 'Associazione Pro Pentedattilo', aims to give visibility to the most recent production of short films and to foster ideas and artistic exchanges; whereas the awards are an encouragement to the authors who invade each year a place that represents an emblem of change and creative sharing.
It is actually during the days of the festival that the ghost town of Pentedattilo turns back to life: the sole source of light in the steep narrow streets is the light of the short films screened in the old houses.
We fill the ancient farmhouses, the small squares, the open spaces with the stories of hundreds short movies.
We annually recover an abandoned town to let it become a symbol of a virtuous union between cinema and territory.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Pentedattilo Film Festival is one of the most important Festival for Short Movies in Southern Italy.
Pentedattilo Film Festival is held every year in the ancient ghost town of Pentedattilo, near Reggio Calabria. The village, defined by the nineteenth-century traveler Edward Lear "The strangest human dwelling place" is perched on a strange rock shaped as a giant hand, and it has recently experienced a cultural recovery that has made it one of the most significant destination for the spread of international short films.
Pentedattilo is one of those Southern towns that have lived several stories: an ancient story, a recent story and a very recent one.
The ancient story dates back to 1680, when the Baron of Montebello, the rival town of Pentedattilo, carried out a massacre for love, killing all the inhabitants of the Pentedattilo Castle. Someone says you can still hear the sound of the horses' hoofs during the bright nights, walking through the streets of Pentedattilo.
The recent story talks about a forced abandonment of the inhabitants in 1970, for fear of a flash flood that would actually never came.
But a new season began, this town is slowly becoming a new birthplace for Art, many sites have been already restored and, since 2006, its streets are ploughed by filmmakers from all over the World, during Pentedattilo Film Festival.
You have to see it to believe it: a small town still injured by the abandonment, that gets filled with words, ideas, images.
Every year Pentedattilo Film Festival opens to those insatiable travellers who explore unusual borders, dedicating them a 3 full time days of screenings, seminars, films, special events.
Americo Melchionda (Director)
; Emanuele Milasi (Artistic Director)
; Emanuele Milasi (Artistic Director)
1) You can submit short films produced after January 1st, 2011
2) Short films already submitted to previous PFF editions will not be accepted.
3) The Festival is divided into several sections, including:
Territorio in movimento (Territory on the move) – short films competition without limitations about the topic. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Thriller – section for Thriller Short Movies. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Corto donna (Women's Issues) – section dedicated to short films about women. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Animazione (Animation) – animated short films competition. These works may last no longer than 30 minutes.
Each short film can be submitted to multiple sections.
4) Juries and Awards:
The jury panel of industry professionals (whose names will be forwarded at the deadline on the festival website) will award the following prizes:
Territory on the move
Best Short Film € 1500.00 + PFF Sculpture
Second Prize € 700.00 + PFF Sculpture
Third Prize € 500.00 + PFF Sculpture
Best Women Short Movie € 500.00 + PFF Sculpture
Best Thriller Short Movie € 500.00 + PFF Sculpture
Best Animation Short movie € 500.00 + PFF Sculpture
5)Short films that do not have Italian subtitles, must have English subtitles. Dialogue lists are due to be sent, along with subtitles timing.
Please send us an English dialogue list with timecode
(you can find an example on www.pentedattilofilmfestival.net).
The short films will be selected by pre-selection committee of the festival. Selected authors will be notified by mail.
7) Don't print anything, we are a green festival!
You can also send us a Quicktime movie file up to 1080p (Pal 25p, Ntsc 29,97, 23,98p, 24p) or MP4, MPG, MPEG etc. up to 2 Giga via Wetransfer, Dropsend, Fileconvoy (or other) at firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The decision of the Selection Committee is final. The Jury's decision is final.
2) The Pentedattilo Film Festival offers free accommodation (in the Youth hostel of Pentedattilo) and meals (breakfast and lunch) to free up to two representatives for each short film selected. The participating will afford only for their travel costs. Furthermore, the authors or representatives of the short film selected can attend free of charge seminars film planned for the Pentedattilo Film festival 2013.
3) The presence of the winners at the awards ceremony during the closing night of the festival is mandatory to the acquisition of prize money. Any delegation shall be allowed by the artistic direction of the Festival.
4)After the submission deadline, on the website will be published the jury composition, screening times and selection calendar, all the information about the events to promote the Festival and the short films selected.
5) The competitors declare themselves the holders of all rights of use and copyright of the short film, relieving the organizers of the Film Festival from any claim made by third parties. They also declare that the contents of the short film do not violate any applicable law.
6) It is strictly forbidden to send short films with defamatory, racist, pornographic or extremely violent contents.
7) By submitting the entry form, participants authorize the organizers of the festival (Ram Film and Associazione Pro-Pentedattilo) to the processing of personal data and information relating to the works submitted, solely for purposes related to the promotion and the conduct of Pentedattilo Film Festival. They also authorize the organizers to the screening of the short movie without any payment at Pentedattilo Film Festival 2013, for up to three projections, and the use of photos, video and data extract (max. 60 seconds) for the promotion of Pentedattilo Film Festival.
8) Loss, delay or damages occurred during shipping are not a responsibility of the organizers.
9) Films will be returned or destroyed only if requested by the submitter in writing, and return of films will only be made if a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope is provided.
10) The submission of the entry form implies full and unconditional acceptance of the Rules of the festival.