CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|The following genres will be accepted: drama, comedy, thriller, sci-fi, documentary. All must have a running time of 40 minutes or less.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Celebrating Films that Give A Voice to Social Issues Around the Globe
Our mission is:
1. To give filmmakers an opportunity to tell stories through the lens of their unique beliefs, values and purpose.
2. To motivate artists as well as the audience to express their creative genius and to create inspiring, thought-provoking work.
3. To showcase films that will highlight various journeys of the human experience.
4. To inspire audiences with the films they see and to allow them to see life through a new lens.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Welcome to the 4th Annual One Lens Film Festival! In our inaugural year we had an outstanding event showcasing some of the best films available. Our first place winner "ASAD" went on to be nominated for an Academy Award! We are so excited for the wonderful films we will choose to showcase through your submissions this year.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Each of us has a lens through which we see life. That lens forms our beliefs, guides our choices, and shapes the experiences that take us on our own individual journeys.
One Lens Film Festival hopes to provide a platform for filmmakers to share their stories of social issues that impact the world we live in. We see the opportunity to disrupt the film industry and use film to bring awareness to subjects such as human trafficking, poverty, racism, and corruption around the world.
So whether it’s uplifting spirits highlighting those supporting good or giving a voice to social injustice, we encourage those giving film a purpose to submit their short film to our festival.
It is our goal for filmmakers and audiences alike to walk away from our festival inspired to activate change around the world and see life through a new lens… One Lens.
Best of Show
Our esteemed panel of judges includes:
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEES
Early Bird Deadline
Friday, October 30, 2015
Friday, September 27, 2015
Friday, December 4, 2015
One Lens Film Festival (“One Lens”) accepts all genres of short films (comedy, thriller, sci-fi, documentary, animated, narrative).
Films must be no longer than 40 minutes in length.
All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are eligible for re-submission only if significant changes have been made to the film. A detailed list of the changes must be included on the entry form.
Showcase screenings will only be shown in Digital Format.
Submitting parties must hold complete rights and ownership of the submitted piece.
Entries that exhibit gratuitously violent, sexual, or otherwise offensive content will not be accepted.
All entries must be received by December 4, 2015.
We prefer films that have been completed after January 1, 2013, however, some exceptions will be made.
Please submit a link and password to a SECURE ONLINE SCREENER.
The film’s file name should include its Genre, Title and Confirmation Number.
Applicant may submit multiple entries: however, each entry must be accompanied by its own entry form and entry fee.
Collaborative works are accepted and are treated as (1) submission, regardless of how many authors are responsible for creating the work.
Submission and publicity materials will not be returned. Press Packets should only be sent upon request and will not be considered in primary selection.
All applicants will be notified of the festival’s decision o/a December 18, 2015.
If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require:
Quicktime Files (Native Resolution, using Pro-Res 422 Codec) on DVD Data Disc or Hard Drive.
Digital press kits with photo stills (color and black/white).
Headshots of Director(s) and Writer(s).
Biographies of Director(s) and Writer(s).
Trailers, clip reels, posters, postcards, and EPKs, if available, to maximize exposure for your film.
Charity Bailey (Festival Director/Event Producer)
- Submitted films may be in any genre: drama, comedy, thriller, sci-fi, documentary, animated, & narrative
- Shorts must be no longer than 40 minutes in length.
- Showcase screenings will only be shown in Digital Format.
- Submitting parties must hold complete rights and ownership of the submitted piece.
- Entries that exhibit gratuitously violent, sexual, or otherwise offensive content will not be accepted.
- All entries must be received by December 7, 2015
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please submit a SECURE ONLINE SCREENER
- Film genre, title and contact information of entrant as well as Withoutabox Tracking Number must be on all video materials and containers.
- Applicant may submit multiple entries: however, those must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
- Collaborative works are accepted and are treated as (1) submission, regardless of how many authors are responsible for creating the work.
- Submission and publicity materials will not be returned. Press Packets should only be sent upon request and will not be considered in primary selection.
- One Lens Film Festival is not responsible for materials lost or damaged in transit.
- All applicants will be notified of the festival's decision o/a December 18, 2015.
- One Lens shall not be held liable for damages and/or loss resulting from shipping/handling and/or technical problems.