If a character in the narrative has a developmental disability, the actor portraying that character must also have a developmental disability.
Entry fee is $20
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Sprout Film Festival’s mission is to inspire audiences, promote inclusion and support trans formative film making as an integral part of social change. This unique event, which takes place in New York City, focuses exclusively on films that celebrate the diverse lives and creativity of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), strives to challenge assumptions and breakdown stereotypes. By introducing powerful, thought-provoking films from around the world to new and ever-more inclusive audiences, we hope to promote greater acceptance, celebrate difference and light the spark to help make the invisible, visible.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Sprout Film Festival was founded in 2003 and is programmed and supported by Sprout, a New York City based non-profit organization, dedicated to bringing innovative programming to people with developmental disabilities. Sprout has been making films related to the field of developmental disabilities since 1995 and has witnessed the myriad benefits these videos have for this population and the general public. In 2006 the Sprout Touring Film Festival was founded, enabling agencies throughout the US and Canada to design their own film festival. Sproutflix, a site offering films from our festival to be purchased was created in 2009.
The Sprout Film Festival will take place at The School Of Visual Arts Theater. Please click here for more information about this state of the art venue: http://svatheatre.com/about/
Abdool Laltaprasad (Film Program Coordinator)
; Anthony Di Salvo (director)
2015 SPROUT FILM FESTIVAL (SFF): Rules and Regulations
In order to qualify for consideration into the 2015 Sprout Film Festival entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible:
• Submissions must feature a person with I/DD or be made by a filmmaker with I/DD. We do not accept films in which a non-disabled actor portrays a character with I/DD.
• You must submit a separate application for each project.
• If you send in a signed application and your submission is accepted into the festival, you may not withdraw your application.
• All foreign language film submissions must have English subtitles.
• All lengths and genres are accepted.
• There is no restriction as to when the film was made.
• Submission and acceptance into the Sprout Film Festival indicates that Sprout has the right to use select images and clips in printed and digital materials.
• The Sprout Film Festival does not pay rental/ screener fees to filmmakers.
• The Sprout Film Festival does not accept responsibility for damaged or lost materials.
All submissions must include the following:
• Applicants must complete and sign the online application via Withoutabox or by mailing all application materials to: Sprout Film Festival, 270 West 96th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10025 USA.
• All applications must include a screener. Applicants can provide a link to the film or a digital download. If DVDs are mailed, they must include a completed application. Unmarked DVD’s will not be eligible for consideration.
• The Sprout Film Festival does not cover shipping costs for filmmakers who choose to mail in application materials.
• All applications must include an entry fee. If you submitted a film to a past SFF we will waive the fee for new submissions
-$20 for films under 30 minutes
-$30 for films over 30 minutes
The film festival selection committee will select and invite films at their discretion. Everyone who submits a film will be contacted via email regarding acceptance into the festival.
Sprout Film Festival
270 West 96th Street, Floor 2
New York, NY 10025
For additional information and questions contact:
Anthony Di Salvo, Founder/ Executive Director: Anthony@gosprout.org
Abdool Laltaprasad, Film Festival Coordinator: Abdool@gosprout.org
Or call 212-222-9575
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening at the SFF and the Touring SFF, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Sprout Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.