OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Embracing the medium of short film, Tally Shorts Film Festival is excited to bring a truly unique and independent cinema experience to North Florida with the goal of increasing community awareness and support for film as a cultural and economic asset. In addition to showcasing cinema from around the world, Tally Shorts is dedicated to preserving, nurturing and cultivating local filmmakers by providing an avenue to network, showcase and discuss all aspects of film.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Tally Shorts Film Festival was created by film makers and film lovers, for film makers and film lovers. As our mantra is "quality over quantity," we strive to showcase the very best short, independent cinema from around the world.
In addition, as filmmakers ourselves, we know how difficult it is to get honest, quality feedback. So we provide all submitters with optional personalized feedback of their films directly from our screening committee. Unbiased feedback -- no matter how hard it is to hear -- is a great tool to help you evaluate the future of your film and filmmaking process.
Tally Shorts presents an overall audience favorite award as well as a jury award in the following categories:
Tally Shorts Favorite (Best overall film)
Mark Bauer (Marketing Director); Rich Robards (Festival Director)
PLEASE NOTE: Length includes all credits and graphics, any films received that exceed 25 minutes will not be considered and NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
Experimental films must not exceed 5 minutes.
All films must have a production release date no earlier than 01/01/2016.
Any genre such as Narrative, Comedy, Animation, Drama, Documentary, Thriller, Horror, Sci-Fi, and Musicals are acceptable. However, we reserve the right to exclude films based on content that could be considered unsuitable to a general audience. Non-narrative films such as experimental or artistic interpretations films are also welcome but must be under 5 min in duration. Questions regarding genre eligibility can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We only accept online screeners for submitted films. In the submission form please include a YouTube, Vimeo or other link to your full film. Please provide any needed password to view the film upon submission. Please include a downloadable trailer with the submission if available.
NOTE: Prior to a film being taken into consideration, a film's submission fee must be paid.
If your film is chosen to screen at Tally Shorts, you must provide us with a digital copy of your film. Your film needs to be either a .mov or .mpg encoded with H.264 and must be under 2.5GB in file size. With the exhibition copy of the film we also require either poster art or production stills, and a short text (no more than 250 characters) of the synopsis. We request that you send us your film via Dropbox or G-Drive.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this registration you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
I acknowledge that I am responsible for verifying that the running time of my film is under 25 minutes, including ALL opening and closing credits and/or graphics PRIOR TO SUBMITTING. Any films received by Tally Shorts that exceed 25 minutes will not be considered for admission to the festival and NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN for submission fees.
If my film is selected:
• I give Tally Shorts permission to screen my film during the 2019 festival and/or any related events.
• I will submit a screening copy of my film meeting the technical requirements above and any associated trailers, clips, stills and /or media packages of my choosing upon notification of acceptance into the festival.
• I understand and agree that my film/video or trailer may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival.
• I understand and agree that a sample clip or trailer of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted on the TallyShorts.com web site.
• I will permit Tally Shorts to use my name, poster art and/or stills from my film/video for promotional purposes.
• The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Tally Shorts Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening material entered.