OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Pasadena International Film Festival seeks to create a place for artists to come together. Sure, there are many festivals, but there can never be a cap on creating art, can there? We harken back to a time of Old Hollywood, before this world got crowded, and jaded, and super-saturated…the entertainment industry was fresh and new… before the stock market crashed...when there was enough space, and time, and money for everyone. Parties lasted all night, and friendships lasted a lifetime. Won't you join us?
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We are proud to say that we guarantee that 90% of our films are culled from submissions. Our submission fees are spent creating a spectacular festival, not on flights for staff to curate the "hot" films from the "hot" festivals. Every film is guaranteed a moderator and microphones to host a "Q and A".
Rather than simply renting a space to showcase films, we plan to create a unique experience that will bridge the worlds of locals, tourists, industry, filmmakers, and businesses.
But don't just take our word for it. Hear what filmmakers have to say:
“The Pasadena International Film Festival is an experience not to be missed by filmmakers. From the elegant black tie Great Gatsby gala to the diverse, informative, panels, to the top quality screenings in an actual movie theatre… in over TEN years of traveling the festival circuit with multiple films this was, hands down, one of the best-run festivals, and the best times that I have even had AT a festival. I wish I had another film ready to go so I could submit next year!”—Heather Connell, Filmmaker, “Forget Us Not”
“My experience at Pasadena International Film Festival was amazing, not only were the organizers friendly and welcoming, but they also worked quickly to answer any questions I had about the process. My first film festival and hopefully the first of many, I’ll always remember PIFF for their kindness and generosity, not to mention the AWESOME gala.” David Toms, director, “The Objects”
"Film" as we have come to know it, is in flux. We are entering a new era of creation. Art and entertainment are now digital, and have become "New Media". Welcome to one of the first festivals that accepts New Media Projects. Our festival's theme, therefore, is Old Hollywood... when "film" itself was fresh and new. Come back to the time of Old Hollywood Glitz and Glamour... the era of celluloid... the Prohibition Era, where the gin is cold, but the piano is hot! Attend our Great Gatsby Gala, pop into parties, listen to lectures given by film historians about Film's beginnings, attend panel discussions, dance the Charleston while sipping on a martini (sans the "bathtub gin").
We plan on showcasing the very best in Film and New Media. We look forward to seeing you there!
Jessica Hardin (Festival Director); Marco Neves (Creative Director)
• All entries must be postmarked by December 21st, 2016. Entries received after this date cannot be considered.
• All projects must have been completed after January 1st, 2014.
• Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
• All projects must not be (prior to Festival Screening) available to watch on Youtube.com, Vimeo, or any other such website.
• Entrant(s) confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
• The Pasadena International Film Festival reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is diqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
By submitting to the Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF), you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1 - You must execute a release agreement wherein you (I) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (II) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at PIFF; (III) indemnify and hold harmless Pasadena International Film Festival (PIFF), Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, all PIFF Sponsors, including but not limited to the City of Pasadena and any/all city departments, as well as PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, and representatives against any claim, including attorney's fees, arising out of exhibition, or non-exhibition of your film at PIFF, and (IV) you warrant the submission of your original work and warrant that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission in question.
2 - You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (I) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (II) a second exhibition copy, if your film is in competition (to accommodate juror screenings); and (III) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival (to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue). We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
3 - All exhibition copies must be delivered in DCP or Blu-Ray format.
The Festival will arrange (and pay cost of) return shipping your print(s)/video(s) to one location after the conclusion of the Pasadena International Film Festival.
4 - The Pasadena International Film Festival, Jessica Hardin, and Marco Neves cannot be held liable or responsible for any legal dispute, or claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement.
5 - The Pasadena International Film Festival reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, or for no reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional and convenient environment for all of our customers.
If your work is rejected/removed/disqualified:
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless from and defend the Pasadena International Film Festival, Marco Neves, Jessica Hardin, PIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against all claims, demand losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film or project submitted to the Pasadena International Film Festival, or rejected/removed/disqualified by the Pasadena International Film Festival.
• Productions must provide their submitted projects (screeners) on DVD NTSC Region 0 or 1, or online.
• DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by December 23rd, 2016.
• Submit as early as possible! Submitting as early as possible not only allows more time for consideration, but you will not run the risk of missing the deadline.
No late submissions will be considered.
• Loss and Damage: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted while in the possession of the Festival. However, we cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage.
• Works in progress will not be considered.
• Please, no stickers on DVDs as they can damage equipment and DVDs.
• All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
• DVDs and/or any screener discs will not be returned.
• Submission fees are non-refundable.
Please, no phone calls unless an emergency.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS