OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Logan Film Festival is a celebration of independent cinema from around the world and promotes a greater appreciation of the art and commerce of filmmaking. The Logan Film Festival is dedicated exclusively to truly self-financed filmmakers and seeks to inspire young filmmakers and emerging filmmakers to help them succeed in the film industry. The Logan Film Festival provides filmmakers the opportunity to interact with engaged and enthusiastic audiences, fellow filmmakers, and dozens of key industry decision makers.
So, whether you're looking to make a splash with your first film, nurture your screenwriting career, or add more high-profile awards to your resume, the Logan Film Festival is the perfect festival setting. And, most importantly, we love the intersection of art and community that can only happen in a festival setting which is why we put so much emphasis on filmmakers attending.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Logan Film Festival was founded in 2008 and has the support of the Utah Film Commission and the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development, the Motion Picture Association of Utah, and local support from Logan City as the Festival Host City.
This year the Logan Film Festival runs Sept 25-27, 2014.
1. Submissions may qualify for an IMDB title page.
2. The winners of each category will receive $200 USD (excludes waivers)
3. The Best of Fest and will receive $500 (excludes waivers)
The Logan Film Festival is hosted by the City of Logan, Utah. Logan Utah is one of the few cities in Utah with a National Historic District exhibiting wonderful old buildings and mansions in a picturesque mountain valley (Cache Valley). It's surrounded by century old farms, incredible mountain and valley scenery and dozens of small farming communities perfect for filming.
Logan is also home to Utah State University and the Utah Festival Opera, and provides filmmakers with access to local film crews and talent. We welcome you to Cache Valley and invite you to choose Logan for your next film project!
Hotel and visitors information (provided by Cache Valley Visitors Bureau) is available at: www.tourcachevalley.com
or on our website: www.loganfilmfestival.com.
Logan Film Festival is on Facebook at:
And can be followed on Twitter at:
Jesse Budd (Vice President)
; Madison Pope (Secretary)
; Mason Johnson (Director, Producer)
; Taylor Ballam (President)
; Tyler Woodbury (Festival Registrar)
Festival selections are strongly encouraged to attend or have in-person representation at the film festival Sept 25-27, 2014. Submissions will only be judged according to the category films are submitted to, including student films.
Films entered must have been completed on or after Sept 1st, 2011.
Shorts are considered films with a total run time of 45 minutes or less.
Mailed entries must be DVD or Blu-Ray Region 1 or Region 2, and must be postmarked by May 13, 2014.
Mark disc and disc case with:
- Your name
- Your email
- Film title
- Total run time
- Entry category
- WAB tracking number
Logan Film Festival
128 S. 100 E. #1
Logan, UT 84321
Checks should be made out to:
Logan Film Festival
Student entries must include a copy of student identification with press kit, as well as provide: School Name, School location, Professor, and Course information.
Accepted entries will be notified by approximately June 2, 2014.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a condition of entry that the film is entered by the producer or director of the film. As the producer/director (Entrant) of the film you must understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions of Entry outlined below.
1. Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to Logan Film Festival 2014. Entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.
2. If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. Logan Film Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged, and is not expected to return submission materials unless previous arrangements are made.
3. The entrant’s authorize the Festival to use their name and likeness in connection with any publicity related to the Festival.
4. If entrant's film is accepted into the festival, the festival may use the film or snippets of the film to promote the Logan Film Festival 2014 and for subsequent years. Entrants have the right to contact the Logan Film Festival and opt out their submission materials in the festival's promotions.
I, the Entrant, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined above