OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Logan Film Festival’s mission is to offer a resource-rich location of people, landscape, and opportunity for all those who are serious about enjoying truly independent film. The Logan Film Festival is committed to offering a wholly unique regional venue for the showcasing of independent film from around the state, nation, and world. In doing so we are further committed to celebrating excellence and creativity in filmmaking in all its forms and encouraging an appreciation of cinema as a truly global art. We believe that film has a unique ability to speak to the human experience and are committed to providing the opportunity for audiences to be entertained, informed, and moved in equal measure. We offer a rich environment for engagement with as wide a spectrum of film as possible from features to foreign language to the avant-garde. In doing so we will provide opportunities for filmmakers, actors, and audiences to interact with each other and expand their knowledge, experience, and appreciation of the filmmaking process. The Logan Film Festival is similarly committed to playing a crucial role in support of all aspects of the arts within Logan and to serve as an arena for the cultural, economic, and educational development of the wider Cache Valley and northern Utah community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Logan Film Festival was founded in 2008 and has the support of the Utah Film Commission and the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development, the Motion Picture Association of Utah, and local support from Logan City as the Festival Host City.
This year the Logan Film Festival runs Sept 11-12, 2015.
1. Submissions may qualify for an IMDB title page.
2. The winners of each category will receive awards and official recognition (excludes waivers entries)
3. The winner of the Best of Fest will receive an award and official recognition (excludes waivers entries)
4. The winner of Audience Choice votes cast by attendees of the festival will later receive an award and official recognition (excludes waivered entries)
The Logan Film Festival is hosted in the city of Logan in Cache Valley, Utah. Logan, Utah is one of the few cities in Utah with a National Historic District exhibiting wonderful old buildings and mansions in a picturesque mountain valley (Cache Valley). It is surrounded by century old farms, incredible mountain and valley scenery, forests, lakes, and dozens of small farming communities perfect for filming all throughout it's very dynamic seasons.
Logan is also home to Utah State University, the Utah Festival Opera, and the Northern Utah Film Commission, providing filmmakers with access to local film crews, equipment, locations, and talent. We welcome you to Cache Valley and invite you to choose Logan for your next film project!
Hotel and visitors information (provided by Cache Valley Visitors Bureau) is available at: www.tourcachevalley.com
or on our website: www.loganfilmfest.com.
Logan Film Festival is on Facebook at:
And can be followed on Twitter and Google Plus at:
Andrew Lorimer (Programmer); David Wall (Co-Director); Mason Johnson (Co-Director); Taylor Ballam (Volunteer Manager); Tyler Woodbury (Creative & Technical Director)
Festival selections are strongly encouraged to attend or have in-person representation at the film festival Sept 11-12, 2014 (approximate dates). Submissions will only be judged according to the category films are submitted to, including student films. Student features and shorts should enter whichever category they would like to compete in.
Films entered must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2012.
Shorts are considered films with a total run time of 45 minutes or less.
Mailed entries must be DVD or Blu-Ray Region 1 or Region 2, and must be postmarked by July 1, 2014.
Mark disc and disc case with:
- WAB TRACKING NUMBER
- Your name
- Your email
- Film title
- Total run time
- Entry category
Logan Film Festival
128 S 100 E #2
Logan, UT 84321
Checks should be made out to:
Student entries must include a copy of student identification with press kit, as well as provide: School Name, School location, Professor, and Course information.
Accepted entries will be notified by approximately July 30, 2014, at which point selected entries will be expected to send a digital or physical high quality exhibition copy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is a condition of entry that the film is entered by the producer or director of the film. As the producer/director (Entrant) of the film you must understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions of Entry outlined below.
1. Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to Logan Film Festival 2014. Entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.
2. If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. Logan Film Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged, and is not expected to return submission materials unless previous arrangements are made.
3. The entrant’s authorize the Festival to use their name and likeness in connection with any publicity related to the Festival.
4. If entrant's film is accepted into the festival, the festival may use the film or snippets of the film to promote the Logan Film Festival 2014 and for subsequent years. Entrants have the right to contact the Logan Film Festival and opt out their submission materials in the festival's promotions.
I, the Entrant, understand and agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined above