OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The promise to clean up toxins in the Greenpoint community, and to regenerate this urban landscape inspired us to launch the Greenpoint Film Festival as a celebration of this new mindset. The Brooklyn-based arts organization, Woven Spaces, is producing its third-annual Greenpoint Film Festival, a platform for cutting edge cultural programming.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Greenpoint Film Festival brings a wide array of contemporary Narrative, Documentary, and Experimental film to Brooklyn this September, featuring competitive submissions and special programs assembled by leading film curators. The festival also includes a prominent environmental and community section.
After its exciting launch in 2011, featuring retrospectives of David Lynch and Jonas Mekas, including Mekas’s premiere of My Mars Bars Movie introduced by the filmmaker himself, the Greenpoint Film Festival 2012 returned with cutting edge curated programs, and added a submissions competition in all categories.
The four-day program included over 25 films selected by eight judges from a competitive field of over 100 submissions in all categories, including Documentary, Narrative, and Experimental. In addition, festival curators assembled a stunning selection of shorts and features for our special category themes Environmental and Community, along with Q&A’s and panels.
Woven Spaces, Inc. (Founder)
Greenpoint Film Festival will be accepting submissions for 2014 in the following categories:
Student (short length only)
- Students: The entry fee for short film submissions may be waived if the application is accompanied by proof-of-enrollment at an accredited
university which can be either (i) a copy of a valid student ID or (ii)
letter verifying enrollment from an accredited college or university. If
this is not included, your submission will be automatically disqualified.
- The film must have been completed between May, 2012 – May, 2014.
*We must RECEIVE your package at our office no later than two weeks
after the indicated deadlines. Packages must be postmarked by the
indicated deadline to be considered.
*You will get an email from the Greenpoint Film Festival once your film
has been received at our office. If you do not get that email within 14
days after your shipment please follow up by emailing
email@example.com at that time.
*Entry materials will not be returned.
Each entered film must be submitted on its own DVD(s) and accompanied by its own completed “Entry Form”; please do not send a compilation DVD composed of works for separate entries. Each entry fee only applies to a single film submission.
Accepted submissions will be announced by July 2014.
Works invited to participate in GFF14 will be shown in the series/program determined most appropriate by the programmers and at their sole discretion.
All accepted works must fulfill the following requirements:
1) You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at GFF14; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at GFF14; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Greenpoint Film Festival, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at GFF14.
(2) GFF exhibition formats to be announced.
(3) You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival one exhibition copy of the invited work. We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands. You are responsible for the cost of shipping the submission and exhibition materials to GFF14. GFF14 will cover return shipping (or will ship to another festival) only within the continental United States via ground shipping. GFF14 cannot cover overnight or priority shipping costs, or ship US films to an address outside the United States.
(4) You must provide a properly completed and signed official GFF14 “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist” that will be provided upon acceptance.
(5) You must provide at least one DVD copy of the final, completed film for Festival archives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All filmmakers must have obtained any necessary clearances to exhibit
the film at the time of submission. Upon acceptance filmmakers must
execute a release agreement wherein they (i) accept responsibility for
obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit their work at
GFF14; (ii) warrant that they have the rights necessary to exhibit their
film at GFF14; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless GFF14 its parent
company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective
directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim
arising out of exhibition of their film at GFF14.
The Greenpoint Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify a
submission without a refund of any kind if eligibility requirements are
not met before or after the film is submitted.