OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our mission at the Studio City international Film Festival is to present cutting-edge films that will entertain, provoke, and inform it's audience members.
All genres are welcome. We wish to encourage all cultures and ethnicities. It is our firm belief that the arts are a unifying force that serve to bridge all cultural and ethnic gaps.
Special consideration is given to films with high production value, and up-and-coming talent in both directing and acting.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Studio City international Film Festival will be held at the CAP Studio Theatre on Ventura Boulevard, just around the corner from Universal Studios. We welcome projects with any content and style, regardless of production year.
There will be awards for Best Narrative Feature, Best Comedy Feature, Best Narrative Short, Best Horror Feature, Best Horror Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Feature, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, Best Student Film, and Best Music Video.
Alexander Tovar (Producer); Bonnie Hargett
SCIFF Film Festival - LOS ANGELES, CA
November 5th to November 8th, 2015 - Submissions Rules
SCIFF FILM FESTIVAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from SCFF FILM FESTIVAL.
RULES and REGULATIONS
1. Film Entries must be postmarked by the deadline date.
2. Film Entrants must submit a secure online screener through Withoutabox or Vimeo. Vimeo links can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Entry forms will not be processed without accompanying Preview Copies in one of the accepted formats.
4. All entries must be in English or - SUBTITLED, DUBBED in English, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
5. All films selected for screening at the festival grant SCIFF the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. Trailers will be provided by the applicant if requested.
6. Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
7. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
8. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
9. Submissions will not be returned.
10. All fees are non-refundable.
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to SCIFF FILM FESTIVAL will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Filmmaker(s) has read, understands and complies with the Festival rules of entry, and has the legal right and authority to submit film project to the Studio City International Film Festival (SCIFF).
The Filmmaker(s) understands that by submitting film project, Filmmaker(s) authorizes SCIFF to exhibit film during the 2015 Festival dates, if the film should be selected.
The Filmmaker holds harmless the Festival, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on the film submitted to the SCIFF.
The SCIFF is not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the film while it is in the Festival’s possession, or while en route to or from the Festival.
Any dispute arising between Filmmaker and SCIFF shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the ADR arbitration services of Los Angeles.
Festival finalists and winners will permit SCIFF to use name, contact information and/or likeness and publicity stills, film or video footage, title, and logline of film.