SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our mission at the Studio City international Film Festival is to present cutting-edge films that will entertain, provoke, and inform - and do it while moving the audience, whether it be to tears, laughter, fear, suspense, inspiration.
All genres are welcome. We wish to encourage all cultures and embrace diversity. It is our firm belief that the arts are a unifying force that serve to bridge all cultural and ethnic gaps.
Special consideration is given to films that emphasize creative storytelling and up-and-coming talent in both directing and acting.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 5th Annual Studio City international Film Festival will be held November 3rd through 9th at the Laemmle Theater in North Hollywood, Ca., just down the street from Universal Studios. We welcome projects with any content and style, regardless of production year.
There will be awards for Best Narrative Feature, Best Comedy Feature, Best Narrative Short, Best Horror Feature, Best Horror Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Feature, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, Best Student Film, and Best Music Video.
Why you should submit your film to the Studio City festival:
1. Because we are situated in the heart of the entertainment industry, each year the festival features a number of distributors and celebrities.
2. We make it fun and memorable for the filmmakers. We give a lot of personal attention to all the filmmakers.
3. We also have networking events in the bar and lounge of the theater, so there is ample opportunity to network.
4. We will have filmmaker Q&As after every film block, workshops and panel discussions .
5. This is a fun, festival party atmosphere.
William Foard; steve sturla (Director); steve sturla (Director); steve sturla (Director)
1. Film Entrants must submit a secure online screener through Withoutabox or Vimeo.
2. Entry forms will not be processed without accompanying Preview Copies in one of the accepted formats.
3. All entries must be in English or - SUBTITLED, DUBBED in English, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
4.All films selected for screening at the festival grant SCIFF the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. Trailers will be provided by the applicant if requested.
5.Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
6.Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
7. All fees are non-refundable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Filmmaker(s) has read, understands and complies with the Festival rules of entry, and has the legal right and authority to submit film project to the Studio City International Film Festival (SCIFF).
The Filmmaker(s) understands that by submitting film project, Filmmaker(s) authorizes SCIFF to exhibit film during the 2017 Festival dates, if the film should be selected.
The Filmmaker holds harmless the Festival, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on the film submitted to the SCIFF.
Any dispute arising between Filmmaker and SCIFF shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the ADR arbitration services of Los Angeles.
Festival finalists and winners will permit SCIFF to use name, contact information and/or likeness and publicity stills, film or video footage, title, and logline of film.