HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Performing Arts Short Film
|The film competition is comprised of independent short films that incorporate an aspect of performance artistry into the plot or the style of film making. Examples of these types of films include concert films (plot) and musicals (style). An important aspect of our competition is to identify films that are emotive, delivering an exuberant customer experience that will have the audience laughing, crying, or dancing in their seats.
|Performing Arts Feature Film
|The film competition is comprised of independent feature films that incorporate an aspect of performance artistry into the plot or the style of film making. Examples of these types of films include concert films (plot) and musicals (style). An important aspect of our competition is to identify films that are emotive, delivering an exuberant customer experience that will have the audience laughing, crying, or dancing in their seats.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our goal is to provide a platform for talented performers to gain exposure and launch their careers. We accomplish this through live, family-friendly entertainment that rivals some of the popular televised competitions.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
One rule -- conceptually your film must include a message about performing arts.
Why? Because Extol is a performing arts festival.
It doesn't matter if you work in the genres of horror, western, historical, comedy, action, or crime adventure. What does matter is how you tell the story to us. If you want to show us the behind scenes making of a concert ,"Katie Perry's The Movie: Part of Me", dark drama, "Black Swan", or musical, "Les Miserable" do it your way.
Short-film or feature, we don't care. We've got the popccorn and butter ready and waiting!
Selected films will be screened at the Belcourt Theatre August 7-8. Winners will announced during the Awards Ceremony on August 8th and receive a trophy and $500 cash.
Angela Hughes (Marketing & Sales Manager); Angela Wimbush (Talent Competition Manager); Anissa Cooke-Batista (Festival Producer)
OVERVIEW: Extol Performing Arts Festival ("Festival"), owned and operated by Extol Festival, LLC (“Extol”) at P.O. Box 1646, Antioch, Tennessee 37011, is holding an online audition ("Audition") at http://www.ExtolFestival.com ("Website") to identify finalist independent films (each a "Finalist") to compete in a film festival currently called the Extol Performing Arts Festival ("Contest"), currently scheduled to be conducted in Nashville, Tennessee August 7-8, 2013. The Contests will be governed by contest rules to be available online no later than May 31, 2013 at http://www.extolfestival.com.
For this Audition, create and submit your Film through the website Withoutabox (Travel and lodging arrangements and other consideration will be the sole responsibility of the Finalists. Extol is solely responsible for all aspects of this Submission.
A. Participant Eligibility:
1. All Entrants submitting Films must be 18 years of age or older.
2. All Entrants must be a U.S. Citizen residing in the U.S. and must provide the participant’s driver’s license and a social security card or U.S. Passport at the time of the Contest.
B. Film Requirements:
1. Films entered into the Short Film Contest should not exceed 40 minutes in duration excluding titles and credit that shall not last for more than 2 minutes in duration. Films entered into the Feature Film Contest should be at least 41 minutes in duration, but no longer than 180 minutes inclusive of titles and credits.
2. If the Film is not in English, then it must have English subtitles on both screening copies.
3. Films previously entered into the Contest and screened at the Extol Festival are not eligible for re-entry.
4. Only Films completed on or after January 1, 2011 are eligible for entry into the 2013 Festival Contests.
II. FILM SUBMISSION:
1. Entrants should upload their Film to WITHOUTABOX (“WAB”) at WWW.WITHOUTABOX.COM on the day that the entry for Film for Jury screening ONLY. Please include your press kit including still photos with your upload.
2. The format of the Film to be submitted through your online Submission Application may be in the Withoutabox standard forms.
3. A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see elsewhere on WAB site. Basic submission fees are $20 (Early Bird), $25 (Regular), $30 (Late), $35 (WAB Extended) depending on when submission takes place, though there may be WAB discounts. Please ensure that your Film is uploaded at the time of entry. A filmmaker may enter more than one Film into the Contest.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR FILMS, PHOTOS AND PRESS-KIT MUST BE READY TO UPLOAD ON THE DAY THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS FILLED IN. FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE PERIOD THAT THE FILM IS UPLOADED TO WITHOUTABOX AND NOT THE DATE THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS STARTED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN ENTRIES BEING REJECTED.
Early-bird Entry: May 31, 2013 – June 7, 2013 ($20.00)
Regular Entry: June 8, 2013 – June 28, 2013 ($25.00)
Late Entry: June 29, 2013 – July 5, 2013 ($30.00)
WAB Extended Entry: July 6, 2013 – July 12, 2013 ($35.00)
III. COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS (“Rules”)
A. General Terms:
1. The Contest is organized and operated by Extol Festival, LLC (“Extol”).
2. The term “Short Film” shall mean an audiovisual production that do not exceed 40 minutes in duration excluding titles and credits that may not last for more than 2 minutes in duration. The term “Feature Film” shall mean an audiovisual production at least 41 minutes in duration, but no longer than 180 minutes inclusive of titles and credits.
3. If your Film is selected to be a finalist and will be screened during Extol Performing Arts Festival, you will be asked to provide two copies of your Film in one of the following screening formats: 35mm, 16mm, DVD, BluRay, DigiBeta. Your screening copies should be clearly labeled with; -Film Title + Director
-WAB reference number. Your Film must be received by August 2, 2013 at the following address: P.O. Box 1646, Antioch, TN 37011.
4. Insurance on mailed entries is the responsibility of the sender. While all accepted Films are treated professionally and with care, Extol will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to screening copies.
5. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the Extol Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential.
6. The submission of a Film to Extol will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the Contest rules.
7. Extol will determine the date and time when submissions will be screened. Extol cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after the Contest line-up is announced.
8. Extol will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries, contact email@example.com.
9. Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of Extol. Extol will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
10. In the event of a Film being withdrawn, Extol will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
11. Extol reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question Extol about their decision, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. All Entrants must be present on the final day of the Contest to be eligible to win.
13. Entrant agrees that Extol, and its third-party vendors engaged to implement this Contest are authorized to display on Extol’s Website in connection with the Submission or Contest the Films and any public ratings, votes and comments pertaining to the Films.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants is not a party to or bound by any contract or agreement, that will interfere in any manner with the Contest. Entrant is under no disability, restriction or prohibition with respect to Entrant’s right to enter and participate or perform in the Contest.
2. The Film and performances embodied in the Film, and any use thereof by the Festival or its grantees, licensees, or assigns, will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party. Artist has secured all proper licenses for the right to perform and record all or any part of the performances or recording embodied in the Film.
3. By participating in the Contest Entrant grants to Extol and its advertising and promotion agencies, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, right to do the following: (1) use the names, likenesses, voices and biographical information, of all persons appearing in the Film, and any other material submitted in connection with the Contest, and (2) to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, perform the Film in whole or in part, All rights granted to Extol in this paragraph include such rights in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on Extol’s web sites, or on third party web sites, broadcast and cable networks and stations, on broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release and for any and all non-commercial purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade purposes, all without further notice to Entrant, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to Entrant or to any other person or entity. Additionally, Extol shall have these rights granted up to and during the Contest. Thereafter, unless specifically agreed to in writing, Extol shall be limited to the right to list Entrant’s name and Film title as a finalist or winner on Extol’s website and in subsequent publicity or advertising of the Contest.
4. Entrant warrants that all material embodied in Entrant’s Film, including but not limited music, lyrics to songs, rights to the names, likenesses and performances of anyone appearing in the Film, any products, trademarks, tradenames, photographs, etc. have been licensed by Entrant for Entrant’s use in the Film. Extol reserves the right to reject a Film from Submission or the Contest if Entrant is unable to provide the appropriate clearances or licenses for such rights. In this event, Extol will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials or Film entered.
5. Entrant releases and holds Extol harmless, and any of its parent companies, divisions and subsidiaries, and their respective agents, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives and independent contractors (the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of the submission or participation and performance of Entrant’s Film in the Contest.
6. Entrant additionally agrees to indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities (including, but not limited to, attorneys' and experts' fees, costs and disbursements), demands and actions of every kind and nature, whether or not now known or suspected (collectively, "Claims"), arising out of or in connection with (I) Entrant’s participation in the Contest; (ii) any Film submitted by Entrant (including, but not limited to, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on the Film or any of the material contained therein); (iii) any posting by Entrant on Extol’s site; (iv) the use by Released Parties of any of the rights granted by you in connection with the Film and the Contest; and (ii) any breach by Entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Rules .
7. Extol is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the Finalists.
8. The Contest and its Rules has been entered into in the State of Tennessee and the validity, interpretation and legal effect of the Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee applicable to contracts entered into and performed entirely within the State of Tennessee, with respect to the determination of any claim, dispute or disagreement which may arise out of the interpretation, performance or breach of this Agreement. Any action or proceeding will be filed in Davidson County, Tennessee. Any claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach thereof shall first attempt to be settled by mediation in accordance with the rules and regulations then obtaining of the American Arbitration Association governing single-member panels. In the event mediation of the dispute between the parties is not successful then each party shall have the right to pursue any claim arising out of the dispute by any other legal means available to them within the competent jurisdiction.
9. Extol reserves the right by written notice to Entrant to suspend its obligation hereunder and either cancel the Contest or reschedule the dates of the Contest if Extol’s efforts and abilities to put on the Contest are materially hampered, or its normal business operations become commercially impractical, as a result of the following: labor disagreements, fire, catastrophe, shortage of materials or any other cause beyond Company's control. In the event Extol is unable to find a suitable date and location to put on the Contest within three (3) months of the original Contest date, Extol’s sole liability to Entrant is to refund Entrant’s entry fee within thirty (30) days after the three (3) month deadline to put on the Contest.
10. By submitting a Film and application for the Contest (“Contest Application”) for the Contest Entrant warrants and hereby acknowledges that (i) Entrant has read, meets and agrees to be bound by the Eligibility Requirements and the Rules; (ii) Entrant has answered all questions in the Contest Application honestly, accurately and without omission; (iii) Entrant is giving Extol the express permission to contact any individual or organization which I have listed in the Contest Application as a reference for information about Entrant; (iv) if any of the information in the Submission Application is found to be false, inaccurate, misleading or incomplete, Entrant understands this will be grounds for dismissal from the Submission process, Entrant selection process and/or from the Contest itself, if selected; (v) even if Entrant meets the Eligibility Requirements, Entrant understands that Extol is not obligated to interview Entrant and/or select Entrant as a participant in the Contest; (vi) all decisions by Extol concerning the selection of the Entrants to participate is final and not subject to challenge or appeal and (viii) all entry fees are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the Rules.