The award recognizes the finest feature film in competition, and is given to the director. A special jury selects the winner.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Green Lens Environmental Film Festival (GLEFF) is to provide the Northern Illinois region with an opportunity to experience films with environmental themes that are relevant to both the local and global communities. The GLEFF provides a venue for filmmakers to screen their films and receive recognition for significant contributions. The festival seeks to explore topics related to the environment, sustainability, and energy while encouraging community involvement. Through its association with Northern Illinois University, the GLEFF shares the mission of creating a community of diverse people, ideas, services, and scholarly endeavors in a climate of respect for the intrinsic dignity of each individual.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Institute for the Study of the Environment, Sustainability, and Energy (ESE Institute) and the Division of Outreach, Engagement, and Information Technologies at Northern Illinois University is planning the third annual Green Lens Environmental Film Festival for February 24-27, 2014. ORGANIZERS
Alexia Clay (Publicist)
; Gillian King-Cargile (Festival Co-Director)
; Justina Siuba (Assistant to the Director)
; Melissa Burlingame (Festival Director)
1. Film run time is limited to 30 minutes for all non-feature entries. There is no constraint on film location or when the film was produced.
2. Since we are an environmental organization, online submission through www.withoutabox.com is preferred. However, if online submission is not possible, entrants must send one DVD for consideration to Gillian King-Cargile, 307 Lowden Hall, Northern Illinois University,DeKalb, IL 60115. DVD must be clearly labeled with entrant’s name, address, phone and email. Please make sure the cover and DVD are labeled with film name and total running time. Submission DVD must be in the NTSC format.
3. If you are paying the discounted student entry fee rate, please send a scan of your student I.D. to NIUgreenlens@gmail.com including the title of your film, name of the director, and Withoutabox tracking number in the body of the email.
4. More than one entry may be submitted; however an official entry form and entry fee must accompany each submission.
5. Entry fees are nonrefundable and may be paid in the form of Visa, MasterCard, or money order paid in U.S. dollars.
6. Please do not send printed promo materials with your film. Press kit info can be included in an WAB online submission.
7. If your submission is successful you will be informed by January 2014. If your submission is unsuccessful you will be informed by email. Please note that GLEFF is unable to return your DVD submission unless accompanied by a self addressed & stamped mailing package or courier account details for return carriage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and agree to the following conditions: 1. Green Lens Environmental Film Festival (GLEFF) has the right to use film submissions for promotional material. 2. GLEFF has the right to screen this film more than once during the festival. 3. GLEFF is not responsible for lost or damaged films. 4. If films are sent in via mail, they will not be returned. Do not send original copies. 5. More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee. 6. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Green Lens Environmental Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. 7. Please note: because we are an environmental film festival, we strive to have sustainable practices. Do not send printed promo materials with your film. Press kit info can be included in your online submission.