SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|The feature film category is for films that are between 70 -120 minutes long and are classified as horror, sci-fi, fantasy, or related genre films (black comedy, dark thriller, crime, violent drama, magic realism, action, suspense, etc).
|The short film category is for films approximately 15 minutes long or less that are classified as horror, sci-fi, fantasy, or genre films (dark thriller, violent drama, black comedy, crime, suspense, magic realism, etc).
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
MONSTER FEST is Australia's biggest, bloodiest and most disgusting film festival. It is a celebration of all that is weird & wonderful in the international cult cinema palette - Horror, fantasy, science-fiction, action and erotica.
MONSTER FEST is FOR genre fans, BY genre fans and aims to bring the best, grossest, weirdest, sickest, scariest and most disturbing films from around the world.
The Fest is also home to the "Monster Academy of Horror & Mayhem" - a series of Masterclasses by industry legends from all over the world designed to educate, inform, entertain and enlighten the blood thirsty crowds of rabid fans.
The Fest program also includes premieres, international special guests, parties, trivia nights, prizes and much much more.......
This year Monster Fest is moving to its new home - the Lido Cinema in Hawthorn - a brand new 8 cinema complex that will be turned into The House of Monster for the Fest.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
MONSTER FEST is about blackened cinemas with awe-struck patrons sitting on the edge of their seats. It’s about white knuckles, cold sweats, nervous gasps, gut-wrenching laughs and screams in the dark, but most of all Monster Fest is about people – people who love cinema with bite, a community of like-minded souls from every corner of life, united by a passion for the most twisted imaginings on the planet.
It is dangerous, delirious and delightful. It is about moving with wild abandon into the darkened recesses of cinematic imagination, and doing it with others. It’s about leaving your living room, entering the cinema and daring to live it large with films that are larger than life itself.
Catherine Seccombe; Catherine Seccombe; David Leadbetter (Monster Fest National Marketing Director); David Leadbetter (Monster Fest National Marketing Director); Neil Foley; Neil Foley (Festival Director)
Upon submitting a film for consideration to MONSTER FEST the submitter acknowledges and agrees to the following:
1. The submitter holds relevant copyrights for the submitted film and agrees to screen the film at MONSTER FEST should it be selected for the program.
2. The submitter understands that submitting a film does not guarantee entry into the festival program and that no refunds will be issued for submission fees for films not selected for the program.
3. The submitter agrees that if the film is selected for the MONSTER FEST program they will be able to provide a screening copy on DCP or Blu-Ray (depending on venue) and arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Australia by the agreed festival materials deadline.
*To save the submitter postage fees and to save the planet in general MONSTER FEST strongly prefers submissions to be sent electronically utilising the online screener service provided by WAB. We’ll be able to screen and assess your film much faster too! If you must send a DVD we cannot return this to you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility requirements for features and shorts:
- Running time for all feature films must be 70 - 120 minutes.
- Running time for all shorts must be approximately 15 minutes or less.
- Selected films must be made available on Blu-Ray or DCP (depending on venue) and the submitter must arrange for KDMs (if required) and shipping of materials to Australia by the agreed festival materials deadline.
- Film submissions in a foreign language must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
- Preferred screening format is an online screener. No screeners will be returned.
- If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SCHEDULING: Films are scheduled at the discretion of Monster Fest. Monster Fest retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once.
RELEASE: MONSTER FEST is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The submitter shall indemnify and hold harmless Monster Fest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.