HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
Must be one of your first four (4) client-commissioned commercial projects that aired publicly on television or cinema.
Work branded or unbranded, produced strictly for the Internet.
Work branded or unbranded, produced strictly for mobile devices.
|Branded Short Films
Work produced where the brand plays an integral part of the plot.
Work produced for public television, cinema or the Internet.
Work produced featuring hand rendered art, computer generated imagery and/or 3-dimensional objects.
|PSAs - Public Service Announcements
Work produced for a Public Service Associations and non-profit organizations, include Pro Bono work.
Work created solely for your portfolio purposes that have never aired on public television, cinema or the Internet.
|Artistic Film or Video
Non-commercial work created purely for personal artistic purposes.
|Student Film or Video
Work directed only as a film school project.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
This is for the time spent on your reel.
For the long days on the shoot.
For the countless hours on the edit.
Every minute will matter.
For every take, re-take and action.
There will be satisfaction.
There will be glory. There will be greatness.
This is your shot to get your short film, featured.
Don’t censor this golden opportunity.
Let your reel pay off, in real time.
Submit now and Make the cut.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The One Show Emerging Director Showcase is designed to put the work of emerging professionals and film students in front of the eyes that matter most—the world’s advertising agencies and production companies. If you’re a director with three (3) years or less industry experience or a student currently enrolled in film school, this showcase is the place for you to be seen and discovered! Top selected work will be showcased in Los Angeles, October 3, 2013.
Alison Daniel (Associate Producer); Michael Nadeau (Festival Registrar); Michael Nadeau (Festival Registrar)
• You must be a young professional with three (3) years or less directorial experience and/or a student currently enrolled in film school.
• All work must be original.
• Legal copyright permission must be obtained for entry.
• All entries must be submitted online at www.emergingdirectors.org
• Copyright permission or usage rights must be obtained for entry.
• Each entry must include a full list of credits.
• A completed entry form must accompany each submission.
• All submissions are to be entered online at www.emergingdirectors.org in QuickTime H.264 with Streaming enabled.
• Payment must accompany each submission.
• Directors may submit a maximum total of 6 entries.
• All entries must be received by the July 31, 2013, entry deadline.
Do not enter if you do not meet all this criteria.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
• All entries must be uploaded at the www.emergingdirectors.org.
• All entries must be submitted in QuickTime H.264 with Streaming enabled.
• File size must be no larger than 200mb.
• Resolution must be no less than 1920 x 1080 @ 2,000Kbps.
• All entries must be accompanied by completed online entry form, declaring category, date of production.
• Payment must accompany entry to complete process.
• All entries must be submitted at the www.emergingdirectors.org by July 31, 2013. All entries must include completed entry form and payment to become eligible.
A jury panel comprised of leading creatives and directors will judge all entries. Once the judging process is completed, a short list of finalists will be released. The Emerging Directors in each of the ten (10) categories will be announced at a special event to be held on June 12, 2013 in Los Angeles.
Client-commissioned work - $150
Non-commercial or non-commissioned work - $85
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY:
EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The entrant grants permission to The One Club to show, copy or play the entries at such times as The Club deems appropriate. The One Club reserves the right to make available for educational and reference purposes, including electronic publishing, any material entered into the One Show Emerging Directors Showcase. The Filmmaker may choose at anytime to opt-out by notifying The One Club in writing.
All entries are subject to the rules of the One Show as stated in this Call for Entry. Decisions of judges on all matters during judging, including qualifications and categories, are final. After judging all disputes will be decided by The One Club Board of Directors. The One Club reserves the right to disqualify work that is proven to be plagiarized or fraudulent based upon a final decision by The One Club Board of Directors.