HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Documentary, Narrative, Animated featuring animal issues or an animal -themed story.
|Short film submissions should be 55 minutes and under, and contain animal themed content in either feature, documentary or animated films.
|Feature, documentary or animated animal-themed films by students.
|The AFF audience loves to laugh at funny animal videos. Send us your short videos depicting animals in funny circumstances. Only videos where the animals are unharmed will be considered for screening.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Animal Film Festival (AFF) aims to bring awareness about the realities animals face in the world today. The stories showcased in documentary and feature films will be engaging, funny, edgy, beautiful and inspirational. The festival seeks to explore topics about companion animals, wildlife, animals in entertainment, farming, and laboratories. We are looking for films that highlight ways our society celebrates our relationships with non humans, as well as films showing the ways we mistreat them. Animal Film Festival aims to not only entertain audiences but to propel people into action to change their own lives as well as the animals effected.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Animal Film Festival is produced by the Center for Animal Protection & Education (CAPE) a non-profit animal advocacy organization located in Grass Valley, California. This festival will entertain and enlighten audiences with independent films, comedies, documentaries, and work by emerging artists.
Animal Film Festival is currently accepting submissions for our second annual festival. Films may explore any aspect of animal welfare, animal rights, the human/animal bond or programs demonstrating ways to improve the lives of animals.
During the festival, kindness towards animals will be evident in the food and beverages served, and the products made available to audiences, filmmakers and other participants.
Filmmakers whose films are featured in the festival will be our guests at a Festival Reception.
Shelley Frost (Program Manager)
• Feature films are more than fifty five (55) minutes.
• Shorts film must be fifty five (55) minutes or less, including all credits.
• If the film is in a language other than English, it must be subtitled or dubbed in English.
* All entries must be available for screening during the festival, which will be February 28, 2015.
* We welcome and celebrate short films and full-length features.
* You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
* AFF does not pay screening fees for films.
* Write your WAB entry number on any and all preview materials you send us, especially the outside of the package and the DVD itself. This will insure your entry is processed in a timely manner.
* Finalists will be selected based on excellence in conformity to content guidelines, judging criteria, and festival philosophy.
* We accept preview entries on DVD and online screeners only. If your film is chosen to be shown at the festival you may send a full quality .mov file on a DVD no later than 4 weeks prior to the festival screening. If no screener is sent, the submission DVD will be used to screen the film.
* We will NOT return either preview or final exhibition materials, so plan accordingly.
* In accordance with Withoutabox policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the AFF.
* Filmmakers whose films are accepted into the film festival will be notified on or around February 15, 2015. if their entry will be screened at the 2015 AFF and considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
* All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry. Decisions by the judges are final.
* All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2015 AFF, and will be featured in the festival program.
* IMPORTANT OPT IN OR OPT OUT: Animal Film Festival will take a number of selected films on tour where they will be shown at venues in other communities. Should you NOT wish to have your film taken on tour, please notify AFF administrators.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I understand and agree that if my film is accepted to the Animal Film Festival, the Festival may use clips of my film, for any marketing activities to promote the festival. Uses of my film's content may include but are not limited to printed marketing pieces and commercial advertisements. I understand and agree that the festival holds no responsibility for lost tapes or films. I understand that should my film be accepted, I will be notified and asked to provide the final screening copy. I understand that unless otherwise arranged, final screening copies on acceptable formats will be due in the Office no later than February 15, 2015.