OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Feature Films can be stoner comedies, action comedies, sci-fi comedies, etc. As long as the movie cracks us up, it has a chance of being screened at our festival. (50 to 120 minutes please.)
|Short Films can be horror comedies, funny music videos, animation, mockumentaries, etc. As long as the short cracks us up, it has a chance of being screened at our festival. (Under 50 minutes please.)
|Funny writers should send us their most amusing unproduced scripts for a chance to win a Comedy Ninja HI-YAH! Award for Best Feature-Length Screenplay! Scripts can be any comedy genre. (80 to 120 pages please.)
|Funny writers should send us their most amusing unproduced scripts for a chance to win a Comedy Ninja HI-YAH! Award for Best Short Screenplay! Scripts can be any comedy genre. (30 pages or less please.)
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
L.A.'s COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival aims to be an uproarious three-day comedy free-for-all that will have audiences rolling in the aisles as it showcases the funniest work of comedic performers, directors and writers from around the globe.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival - Los Angeles, May 30, 31st & June 1st, 2014
The COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival is coming to Los Angeles (The Entertainment Capital of the World!) and it’s sure to be a rib-tickling good time! Besides showing a bunch of kick ass comedy features, shorts and webisodes, this unmissable event will feature hysterical performances by stand-up comedians, celebrity judges, and a rocking opening night kick-off party. There will also be a closing ceremony where COMEDY NINJA HI-YAH! Awards will be handed out in all categories and much more. Held in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival will be a golden opportunity for funny filmmakers to network with industry insiders as their laugh out loud work is shown up a big screen to an appreciative audience.
Since the COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival was created by filmmakers who know that sidesplitting humor can sneak up and strike in the most unexpected places, we want to stress that EVERYBODY stands a chance of having their work featured here! Whether you’re a newbie with a no budget YouTube video or an industry veteran with a star studded feature film, as long as your project is a riot, it has a good chance of being invited to our comedy blowout. So what are you waiting for? Submit your gut-busting NINJA or non NINJA related film or script to the COMEDY NINJA Film and Screenplay Festival today!
For the latest COMEDY NINJA updates, go to http://www.comedyninja.org
FOLLOW US! https://twitter.com/comedyninjafest
LIKE US! https://www.facebook.com/comedyninjafest
Chuck Parello (Filmmaker)
; Quentin Lee (Filmmaker)
COMEDY NINJA Film Festival - LOS ANGELES, CA - February 21-23, 2014 - Submissions Rules and Regulations
1. All COMEDY NINJA Film Film Festival are the dates that films and scripts must arrive at our Los Angeles office.
2. We prefer films be submitted electronically online, but will accept DVD submissions sent to us on a DVD-R (NTSC, Region 0 or 1) viewing copy for consideration.
3. Please ensure your DVD plays all the way through before mailing. And please write your name, phone #, contact e-mail, your film's title, running time, and WAB tracking ID # directly on the surface of your DVD.
4. We prefer Screenplay Competition Applicants submit their script electronically as a PDF file, but we will accept paper copies.
5. We will consider film projects in progress, as long as all post production work will be 100% complete before the festival.
6. Selected films grant COMEDY NINJA Film Festival the right to utilize stills and excerpts from the films for promotional purposes.
7. COMEDY NINJA Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to entries during shipment to the festival.
8. COMEDY NINJA Film Festival will accept no collect or C.O.D. shipments. All transportation charges, duties and taxes must be prepaid by the shipper.
9. Multiple COMEDY NINJA Film Festival entries are allowed, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate fee and entry form.
10. Submissions fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submissions materials (DVDs & screenplays) will not be returned.
12. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission, or they must provided a written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
13. All selected films and screenplay contest finalists will be announced by e-mail.
14. COMEDY NINJA Film Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in festival scheduling. All submitting filmmakers will be notified of any regulation or date changes that affect them.
15. COMEDY NINJA Film Festival's General Rules and Regulations must be reviewed prior to finalizing your submission.
16. COMEDY NINJA Film Festival reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations at any time
Have questions for the Comedy Ninja? E-mail him, Comedyninjafest@gmail.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COMEDY NINJA Film Festival Terms & Conditions
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to Comedy Ninja film Festival ("Comedy Ninja Film Festival") for consideration for Comedy Ninja Film Festival (the "Festival"): 2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation. 3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival. 4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or Comedy Ninja Film Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an expression or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or Comedy Ninja Film Festival of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein. 5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Comedy Ninja Film Festival, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival. 6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion. 7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Los Angeles in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury. 8. I hereby agree to hold Comedy Ninja Film Festival, its affiliated companies, employees, readers, agents, and third-party information providers harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, whether or not groundless, with respect to the contest or based on the Screenplay submitted to Comedy Ninja Film Festival or on any project developed out of such submissions. I also agree not to assert against Comedy Ninja Film Festival and said related parties any claim or action based on plagiarism, infringement, confidential relationship, implied contract, idea theft or any other theory arising out of Comedy Ninja Film Festival's review of the submitted materials or any alleged use by the related parties of the submitted materials. If, notwithstanding my release hereunder, I should bring any action against Comedy Ninja Film Festival or its related parties and am unsuccessful in such action, I hereby agree to pay Comedy Ninja Film Festival and/or its related parties all of their costs and expenses in defending such an action. 9. I understand that the SCREENPLAY or the copy of my FILM submitted to the festival will not be returned and I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival. 10. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by Comedy Ninja Film Festival or the Festival. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, with venue in Los Angeles County.