OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The mission of the Orillia Film Festival is to encourage the art of storytelling through film. It is our hope that the festival will develop another facet to Orillia’s growing arts scene by inspiring local and international film-makers to put their talents to work by offering up the best creations in a community building event in downtown Orillia!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Film-makers from Orillia and around the world submit short 8 minute movies to a panel, with the best movies receiving prizes and cash awards with a local night on October 3 and a selection of short-listed movies receiving public presentation at the historic Orillia Opera House on October 4. The goal of the venture is to develop another facet to Orillia’s growing arts scene and to encourage film-makers to put their talents to work by offering up the best creations in a community building event in downtown Orillia!
The First Annual Orillia Film Festival will be held October 3 and 4, 2014, with the presentation night to be held on October 4 at the Orillia Opera House.
- Maximum length: 8 minutes - films that exceed the maximum length will not be considered.
- Use Withoutabox Secure Online Screener or submit 1 DVD screening copy clearly labeled with your name, contact information and the film's title and 1 DVD digital copy (Quicktime file)
- Submit a complete credit list (director, producer, actors, etc)
- Entries must be available for screening at the festival on DVD.
- Entries previously submitted and not accepted may not be resubmitted.
- Misrepresentation, incorrectly completed entry forms or missing information may lead to the disqualification of your submission.
- If your film is selected, the Orillia Film Festival reserves the right to promote it in media campaigns and to reproduce the film for internal and/or promotional use, and post it on our website and social media.
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed submission form and the entry fee
- Submission screening copies must be sent in protective packaging. The Orillia Film Festival is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions. Submissions will not be returned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
My signature here indicates that I have read and complied with the submission guidelines and indicates that I declare that no whole or part of this film submission (including music and images) is in breach of any copyright owned by any person other than me. I agree that by entering the Orillia Film Festival, I consent to the use of my submitted film, my name and/or voice, photograph, videotape, or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes in any medium, including the Internet, without notice or compensation.