DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Movies of any category or genre that have a total running time of MORE than 40 minutes. We're looking for original stories told with great vision that make people say "wow" when the lights come up. Narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, action, adventure, experimental, mystery, suspense, horror, musical, horror musical, comedy mystery, experimental dramas and animation welcome.
|Sometimes less is more when it comes to telling a complete and compelling story in a short amount of time. Here's your chance to connect to in audience using any genre, so long as it is LESS than 40 minutes.
|Student works will be shown in their own category and will showcase the work of young and emerging non-professional filmmakers. Please email a copy of your current student ID or your student ID from the year the film was made.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Now in its 3rd year, the 2015 YoFi Fest returns October 22 - 25 to celebrate moving pictures of all sorts, the people who make them and the people who enjoy watching them.
The festival encourages audiences and filmmakers to connect and converse at screenings, workshops and parties. It showcases the independent, artistic spirit from all over the world and right in our own back yard. We are looking for compelling stories that are well told and are not overly concerned with when you made them or if they've been screened before. We just want to screen work that you are proud of and want to share with an audience.
We want great films of all kinds and want to keep the application process simple, so we have three submission categories: Feature Length, Shorts and Student Work.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to seeing your work!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The 3rd annual year of the festival will be happening on October 22nd though October 25th in and around downtown Yonkers (conveniently located and easy to reach).
YoFi Fest will again present all types of work from around the world, including feature films, short films, documentaries, animation, music videos and student work from emerging artists. The very popular "mini film school" will be back, with lectures, workshops and panel discussions hosted by film and television industry professionals. Each day also has receptions and parties where attendees will get the chance to meet and network. In short, the festival offers something for everyone.
Located on the Hudson River and adjacent to New York City, the festival draws its film-friendly audiences from NYC, Westchester county, the Hudson Valley and the entire NY/NJ/CT tri-state region. It's a chance to screen your work to an enthusiastic audience and top NYC film professionals in a warm, fun, friendly and supportive atmosphere.
YoFi Fest is easy to get to, fun to hang out at and not to be missed!
Dave Steck (Executive Director)
These regulations apply to all sections and submissions:
• YoFi Fest is open to anyone who wishes to enter.
• More than one entry may be submitted, but each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form and entry fee.
• The entry fee is non-refundable.
• All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
• Only one version of the film may be considered, and replacement cuts are not accepted, so please keep this in mind when deciding when to submit.
• YoFi Fest is an eco-friendly festival. To reduce waste and environmental impact, films must be submitted and be available for screening as a digital file. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film as a digital file, please DO NOT submit your film.
• If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills from the film; press materials; headshot and filmography of director; b&w and/or color stills and video trailer (if available).
• All film entries selected for the Festival grant YoFi Fest the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
• No materials will be returned under any circumstances. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your materials. Please do not send film prints, master tapes, primary hard drives, DVD Masters or other irreplaceable originals.
• YoFi Fest is not responsible for any materials that are lost or damaged.
• Films may be screened more than once during the festival.
• YoFi Fest does not waive entry fees or underwrite any of the filmmaker's Festival-related expenses. We understand the financial constraint of filmmaking and costs of submitting to Festivals and have done our best to keep the fees low and the value of the experience high. We hope you can find it in your budget to submit your film and attend the festival.
• It is necessary to have the information filled out in your WAB filmmaker account in order to ensure that we can process your submission quickly and efficiently. Not having this information already available in your account may cause a delay in the processing of your submission. Please be sure all your information is correct and readily available in your WAB filmmaker account!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby grant YoFi Fest, a/k/a The Yonkers Film Festival, ("Festival") all rights necessary to exhibit and promote the above-referenced film at their 2014 Festival. I represent that such exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights whatsoever (including copyright, trademark, musical or contract right) of any person or entity. If the film is selected for the Festival, I give permission for YoFi Fest to use images, sounds, excerpts and the supplied materials from the work for promotional purposes in all media and on the YoFi Fest website. I further represent that I am authorized to submit the above-referenced film. Additionally, I indemnify the Festival from any and all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, and attorney's fee arising out of or in connection with third parties in regards to the screening of said film. Further, I hereby agree that I have read and agree to the Rules and Regulations for submissions to YoFi Fest and that all information provided on application form is true, to the best of my knowledge.