CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Movies of any category or genre that have a total running time of MORE than 40 minutes. We're looking for original stories told with great vision that make people say "wow" when the lights come up. Narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, action, adventure, experimental, mystery, suspense, horror, musical, horror musical, comedy mystery, experimental dramas and animation welcome.
|Sometimes less is more when it comes to telling a complete and compelling story in a short amount of time. Here's your chance to connect to in audience using any genre, so long as it is LESS than 40 minutes.
|Punchy. Pithy. Terrifying. Hilarious. True. Any genre, under 4 minutes.
|Student works will be shown IN THEIR OWN CATEGORY and will showcase the work of young and emerging non-professional filmmakers. Please email a copy of your current student ID or your student ID from the year the film was made.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
YoFiFest is Your Film Festival! It was created for filmmakers by filmmakers. Awards given in four categories: Best Narrative Feature, Best Feature Documentary, Best Narrative Short and Best Short Documentary.
YoFi Fest is all about audiences and filmmakers learning and connecting. Now in its fifth year, this year's YoFiFest opens on November 3rd, 2017 to celebrate moving pictures, the people who make them and the people who watch them.
Now in its fIfth year, the 2017 YoFiFest returns November 3rd through 9th to celebrate moving pictures, the people who make them and the people who watch them. Voted one of the Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals on FilmFreeway, YoFiFest was awarded the Best of Westchester's Best New Film Festival and recently named one of 2016's 39 Most Notable Events by Westchester Magazine. We were also named as one of the top 10 hippest things about Yonkers in 2015 when Yonkers was dubbed Hippest Town by lohud.com/The Journal News.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Now in its fIfth year, the 2017 YoFiFest returns to celebrate moving pictures, the people who make them and the people who watch them. Voted one of the Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals on FilmFreeway, YoFiFest was awarded the Best of Westchester's Best New Film Festival and recently named one of 2016's 39 Most Notable Events by Westchester Magazine. We were also named as one of the top 10 hippest things about Yonkers in 2015 when Yonkers was dubbed Hippest Town by lohud.com/The Journal News.
The festival offers a full schedule of screenings, workshops and parties that celebrate the independent, artistic spirit from around the world and right in our own back yard. We present all types of work, including feature films, short films, documentaries, animation, music videos and student work. Our always popular "mini film school" will be back, with lectures, workshops and panel discussions hosted by top film and television industry professionals. Each day has receptions and parties where attendees will get the chance to mix and mingle and talk about movies. In short, the festival offers something for everyone.
Located on the Hudson River and adjacent to New York City, the festival draws its film-friendly audiences from NYC, Westchester county, Rockland county, the Hudson Valley and the entire NY/NJ/CT tri-state region. It's a chance for filmmakers to screen work to an enthusiastic audience and top NYC film professionals in a warm, fun, friendly and supportive atmosphere.
We are looking for compelling stories that are well told. We love passionate filmmakers with a fresh point of view, traditional story tellers who dig deep to find the truth and courageous, new visionaries coming to filmmaking for the first time. We are not overly hung up on when the movies were made or if they are premiers. We just want to share good work with a thoughtful audience that wants to see your work.
YoFi Fest is easy to get to, fun to hang out at and not to be missed!
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to seeing your work!
Dave Steck (Executive Director)
RULES & TERMS
We love filmmakers and want everyone to have a great time! However, we do need a few rules to help us best organize and utilize our dedicated and awesome YoFiFest team.
These regulations apply to all sections and submissions:
• YoFi Fest is open to anyone who wishes to enter.
• Please submit as early as possible. Just makes things easier all
• More than one entry may be submitted, but each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form and entry fee.
• The entry fee is non-refundable.
• All films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and it is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to have cleared all rights and releases for exhibition (including music, audio, images, graphics, trademarked images, etc.)
• Only the submitted version of the film may be considered, and swapping it out for alternate cuts is not possible, so please keep this in mind when deciding when to submit.
• YoFi Fest is an eco-friendly festival, so to reduce waste and environmental impact films must be submitted digitally.
• If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide digital stills from the film, press materials, head shots and filmographies and video trailer (if available). Please do not submit EPKs or publicity materials when submitting.
• If your film is accepted, you will be solely responsible for delivering your promotional materials to and from the festival venue.
• By submitting your film, you grant YoFiFest the nonexclusive right to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film, as well as your name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding YoFi Fest prior to, during, and/or after the festival.
• No materials will be returned under any circumstances. Please DO NOT send film prints, master tapes, primary hard drives, DVD Masters or other irreplaceable original media.
• YoFi Fest is not responsible for any materials that are lost or damaged.
• The entrant shall release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless YoFiFest, and its agents, respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, partners, sponsors, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitations, attorneys' fees).
• The entrant warrants that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to YoFiFest.
• By entering, the applicant agrees that all information is true and correct and agrees to all festival rules and guidelines.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby grant YoFi Fest, a/k/a The Yonkers Film Festival, ("Festival") all rights necessary to exhibit and promote the above-referenced film at their 2017 Festival and press events associated with it. I represent that such exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights whatsoever (including copyright, trademark, musical or contract right) of any person or entity. If the film is selected for the Festival, I give permission for YoFi Fest to use images, sounds, excerpts and the supplied materials from the work for promotional purposes in all media and on the YoFi Fest website. I further represent that I am authorized to submit the above-referenced film. Additionally, I indemnify the Festival from any and all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, and attorney's fee arising out of or in connection with third parties in regards to the screening of said film. Further, I hereby agree that I have read and agree to the Rules and Regulations for submissions to YoFi Fest and that all information provided on application form is true, to the best of my knowledge.