Newcomers and/or students. Applicable for all students and newcomers to the industry. He/she should mention the movie is his/her first/second/third movie.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The festival is established to encourage newcomers and students to explore their talents and give the best of their efforts and passions for the beauty of art, the deliverance of message/information, the variety of life, and for the film industry itself through freedom to express their voices.
It aimed to support independent filmmakers but also to serve any filmmakers from various parts of the world to extend their movies to Asia Pacific regions by joining this film festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We are looking for feature/short narrative and documentaries films. ORGANIZERS
Joshua Andrew (Festival Registrar)
; Joshua Andrew (Festival Registrar)
- Films could be from any year.
- All films must be submitted on DVD format (2 copies) or through Withoutabox.
- All filmmakers must have an exhibition format available in at least one of the following: DVD or bluray disc, or DCP (optional).
- When your film is officially selected, we will contact you by e-mail latest on the 20th April 2015.
- If chosen for festival screening, one DVD, one bluray, and/or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director’s name.
- We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- All submission fees are non-refundable.
- All juries’ decisions are finals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
More than one entry may be submitted. Each must be submitted with its own entry form and fee.
Open submissions from: 18 June 2014 - 20 March 2015
- Films could be from any year.
- Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles or dubbed in English.
- All films must be submitted on DVD format (2 copies) for pre-screening and a completed entry form. All international or foreign films should be clearly marked "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope or the shipping invoice or both. DVD's must be clearly labeled with title, length, and director’s name.
- Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss or damage of entries. Please do not send originals.
- When your film is officially selected, we will contact you latest on the 20th April 2015.
- If chosen for festival screening, 2 copies high quality DVD (include one bluray disc) and DCP (optional) must be sent. Mark case and DVD with title, length, and director’s name.
- The selection committees' and juries’ decisions are final.
- All submissions should be sent pre-paid. All transportation/ shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (SELECTION PURPOSE / CULTURAL PURPOSE only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
- ASIA PACIFIC International Filmmaker Festival & Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- Films selected may not be withdrawn from the Festival program after its registration.
- All submission fees are non-refundable. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the ASIA PACIFIC International Filmmaker Festival & Awards.
Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
CHANGES AND ALTERATIONS
The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the ASIA PACIFIC International Filmmaker Festival & Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Jakarta.
The duration of this agreement shall commence as of the date of submission by Owner and terminate at the close of the 2015 Festival.