OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Red Dirt Film Festival is all about showcasing great films and having FUN doing it! We love networking and parties! This is a festival where we meet new friends and collaborate for years to come! Join us in 2019 for what is sure to be the best year yet!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
When you walk through the doors of the Wes Watkins Center on Oklahoma State University campus in March of 2019 you will feel the excitement in the air. The halls will be filled with filmmakers, screenwriters, volunteers, and festival staff that all have one thing in common - a passion for filmmaking. This passion will drive the next few days as you meet new people, see films until your butt is numb, attend workshops and panels with industry awesomeness, interact with audience members and filmmakers, PARTY HARD at nightly parties, enjoy free beer, live music, and being alive. It. Is. A. Blast.
Red Dirt Film Festival is excited for its 6th year! RDFF hosts a fun-filled festival complete with diverse films, insightful panels and workshops, networking opportunities, table-reads, nightly parties, and live music.
Our filmmakers/screenwriters are important to us and we make every effort to make you feel welcome and informed. We thrive on organization so you can make the most of the festival experience. Every filmmaker is given time for a Q&A after their screening so the audience and filmmakers can connect and network. Screenwriters will have table reads. Our goal is to have every filmmaker leave the festival having had a fantastic time but also having made connections that will further their careers.
We are pleased to gather at the Wes Watkins Center on the beautiful Oklahoma State University Campus. This venue is easy to navigate and offers a wonderful place to network and watch films! We encourage submissions from producers/directors who will be able to attend the festival as we love to meet and network; forming friendships with fellow filmmakers and learning from each other is a key part of our festival!
Red Dirt was formed to bring more inspiration, culture, and entertainment to central Oklahoma, as well as to enliven people of all ages through the united power of the film medium.
Whether your film stars A-list actors or was made with you and some friends - your film's premier status, budget, and clout don't matter to us. What DOES matter to us is showcasing well-made films and networking. We believe we can all learn from each other which is why we take films from students just learning the art of filmmaking, to industry professionals with years of experience.
Stillwater. Oklahoma is the launchpad for a number of other amazing things such as the world-famous Eskimo Joe's restaurant, musicians such as The All-American Rejects, Garth Brooks, Red Dirt Music; Oklahoma State University, and actors such as James Marsden, and Gary Busey.
* Winners of the Best Feature Screenplay award will receive an InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you. InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers. Producers have made more than 200 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
Damon Blalack (Director); Damon Blalack (Director); Damon Blalack (Director); Damon Blalack (Director); Lynzi Carlson; Lynzi Carlson; Lynzi Carlson; Marisa Carlson; Marisa Carlson; Marisa Carlson; Marisa Carlson; Marisa Carlson; Marisa Carlson
- We take all genres (excluding adult films). Domestic and International feature films, documentaries, shorts, student films, and screenplays are welcome.
- We reserve the right to determine the eligibility of all projects submitted.
- Projects must have been completed within 24 months of the event date to be eligible.
- Projects must not be available online for viewing in their entirety (including on YouTube or Vimeo public links).
- All accepted films will be considered for competition unless otherwise noted. Projects may be accepted and presented "out of competition" if they fail to meet certain criteria.
- Once you have been accepted to Red Dirt Film Festival, you become part of our family which is why we offer an alumni discount. Email us and let us know your previous film(s) that have screened at RDFF and we will send you a discount code.
- Students must provide proof of student status at the time of production. Details are provided in the student categories.
- All foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles. Unfortunately any films that are submitted without working English subtitles will be disqualified without a refund of submission fees.
- It is the filmmakers responsibility to check the quality of the final file before submitting. Though we check and will notify you if we find any errors, sometimes things can be overlooked. It is up to you to deliver a file you are pleased to exhibit.
- Exhibition films should be sent on Vimeo or mp4 via Dropbox. (If your film is selected to screen at the festival you will be given more information at a later date.)
- Submission to the festival grants RDFF permission to use excerpts of accepted work and promotional materials (i.e. posters, photos, film trailers, etc.) in all promotional activities related to the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE FINE PRINT
By submitting to Red Dirt Film Festival, I understand and agree to the following:
1. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the RDFF.
2. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RDFF and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
4. I understand RDFF will not pay any shipping fees for promotional materials or awards. Materials sent will not be returned.
5. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the RDFF.