OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Huzzah! At RDFF we are excited about movies! We strive to educate, promote and entertain through independent films.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Red Dirt International Film Festival is celebrating its second-year!
During its 2-day run September 19th and 20th (Fri. and Sat.), 2014, we will feature many films, from full-length movies and documentaries, short films and music videos from filmmakers both local and worldwide. Last year, we featured films from all seven continents, including Antarctica! Festival directors Damon and Marisa formed the event to bring more inspiration, culture, and entertainment to central Oklahoma, as well as to enliven people of all ages through the united power of the film medium.
Stillwater, the birthplace of Oklahoma, is the launchpad for a number of other amazing things such as Eskimo Joe's restaurant,The All-American Rejects, Garth Brooks, Red Dirt Music, Oklahoma State University, and actors such as James Marsden, and Gary Busey. The name of the fest is so-called because of central-Oklahoma's uniquely-colored earth.
The festival will take place in the world's largest student union, on the Oklahoma State University campus: http://union.okstate.edu/
For a wider look at the overall campus, go here: http://go.okstate.edu/
We will be using three screening-rooms; one called the French Lounge will be host to the Awards Ceremony at the end of the event.
Executive Director, Damon, is a college film professor, filmmaker, and co-founder of the Artists' Coalition of Stillwater, which has had numerous successful large events in downtown Stillwater and on the OSU campus. Programming Director Marisa is in her genius with event-coordinating and management, and is the instrumental charm balancing out Damon's earnestness with her down-to-Earth practicality, humor, and natural-charisma with all those whom she meets. Together we make an unstoppable team whose primary purpose is to give back to the local community and the world entire, through helping to spread the positive messages of inspiration we can all find in the world around us.
From Damon and Marisa, we thank YOU for your submissions and look forward to having you as part of our festival!
Damon Blalack (Director)
; Damon Blalack (Director)
RED DIRT INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
This years festival will accept submissions until June 30, 2014.
1. Red Dirt International Film Festival accepts submissions for features, shorts, documentaries, short documentaries, animation, experimental and student films.
2. All films must be submitted through WAB as an online screener. If accepted, exhibition copies must be in .AVI format only.
3. Films in distribution may be accepted, however we will not consider films that are freely available online (i.e. youtube, vimeo, etc.)
5. All feature narrative and feature documentary submissions must be over 60 minutes in length.
6. All short film narrative and short documentary submissions must be under 60 minutes in length.
7. Animated, experimental and student film submissions of all lengths will be considered.
8. Films produced in languages other than English must have English sub-titles.
9. Submitting your film authorizes RDFF to use clips or images to advertise or promote your film and/or the overall festival mission.
Students must include proof of student status (copy of student ID) at the time of production.
10. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Red Dirt International Film Festival
2401 Tall Oaks Trail
Edmond, OK 73025
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film and have read the regulations. I certify that I hold the rights to this film.