OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|The Palm Springs Film Festival welcomes narrative feature submissions from the United States and internationally.
|The festival welcomes non-fiction documentaries for programming during the festival.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
"The Palm Springs International Film Festival is the premier presenter of world cinema on the North American continent".
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Located in the beautiful Coachella Valley at the base of Mt. San Jacinto in southern California, the Palm Springs International Film Festival is one of the largest film festivals in the country, screening over 130 films from more than 70 countries for a sophisticated and diverse audience of 136,000+.
The Festival brings together industry reps and executives from Los Angeles, film aficionados from across the country and filmmakers from around the world. The festival also features filmmaker tributes, special presentations, nightly celebrations and special events and an annual star-studded Awards Gala that honors the best and brightest performances of the past year.
The Festival screens the largest selection of films submitted to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the Best Foreign Language film category. The 28th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival is scheduled will be held January 5-16, 2017. Palm Springs is destination Festival as nearly 70% of the audience travels here from out of town. As a result, it has a long reach, generating tremendous word-of-mouth for the films that screen here.
Darryl Macdonald (Executive Director); Domenique Wulfekuhle; Helen Du Toit (Artistic Director); Lili Rodriguez (Program Manager); Programming Assistant; Rhea Lewis-Woodson (Managing Director); Steve Wilson (Publicist)
1. Submitted films must be ≥70 minutes for either narrative features or documentary features. No short films will be accepted.
2. Digital screener required (Vimeo preferred)
3. The film must have been completed in 2015 or 2016. Films completed in 2014 will only be considered if they premiered in 2015; films premiering prior to 2015 will not be considered
4. The film must not have been screened previously in the Coachella Valley (includes Palm Springs. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis for Academy Awards Foreign Language Oscar submissions)
5. The film must not have been broadcast in U.S. prior to end of 2016 Palm Springs International Film Festival or viewed on the Internet (Exceptions are made for Academy Awards Foreign Language Oscar submissions)
6. Rough cuts or cuts with "temp" sound will be accepted. Please let us know what elements of your film are missing by writing email@example.com with “TECH NOTES ON:” plus your film’s title in the subject line.
7. More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must include a separate entry form and submission fee. Films submitted without proper payment will not be considered. Entry fees are non-refundable.
ONCE YOUR FILM IS ACCEPTED FOR THE FESTIVAL:
1. Films accepted for the festival must be feature length (≥70 minutes) and must be shown in DCP format only in their original language with English subtitles.
2. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
3. The print supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Festival. The Palm Springs International Film Festival, in turn, will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier. The Festival will not be responsible for international return shipping costs for U.S.-produced films.
4. The Festival takes utmost care of your entry, and provides insurance for loss or damage to a maximum value of $500.00 USD. The Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
5. Participation in The Palm Springs International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ONLY COMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED (FEE PAID AND SCREENER SUBMITTED). PLEASE ENSURE YOU’VE PAID THE FEE AND ATTACHED A SCREENER BY THE FINAL DEADLINE. WE WILL NOT CONSIDER INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS.
The information contained in my online application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I give the Palm springs International Film Festival the authority to use the submitted publicity materials for the purpose of promoting the film and the Festival. I understand that I am duly authorized to give permission to allow the Palm Springs International Film Festival to screen this film.
I am the US Rights Holder of the film OR I am authorized by the US Rights Holder of the film to submit the film and will include written verification from the Rights Holder with the submission copy.