OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Palm Springs International ShortFest provides a showcase and market for the best short-form cinema and its creators in the world. We welcome both student and non-student filmmakers.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Palm Springs International ShortFest -- now in its 24th year -- is one of the largest showcase of short films in North America. The seven day competitive festival is Academy Award, BAFTA and Goya qualifying and screens approximately 330 short films from 60 countries in a series of 90 minute programs.
The Festival has 17 competitive categories with prize money and services valued at over $70,000.00. First place winners in the Non-student Animation, Non-student Documentary and Non-student Live Action categories, and the Best of the Fest Award winner will automatically become eligible for nomination consideration by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the short film categories.
ShortFest Film Market
All films submitted, whether screened in the Festival or not, are automatically included in the Market. The Market runs concurrently with the Festival and consists secure viewing stations open to accredited sales agents, distributors and other industry representatives. The Market is not considered a public screening and does not affect a film's premiere status.
Please note the screener you include in your submission is the screener that will be available at the Market.
If you would like to opt out of the Market, please contact the Programming Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
David Lee (Marketing Manager); Dominique Wulfekuhle; Felicia Alford; Lauren Tutzauer; Lauren Tutzauer; Lauren Tutzauer; Lili Rodriguez (Director of Programming); Rhea Lewis-Woodson (Managing Director)
Films must have been completed in on/after January 2017.
Films must be no more than 40 minutes in length – including credits.
If selected, films must be available for projection in DCP.
All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
Please notify the programming department if the film has screened or will screen in the Coachella Valley/Palm Springs area prior to June 19, 2018.
Submissions must be uploaded and submitted no later than the deadline date to qualify for the respective entry fees.
You will be able to check that we have received your materials by checking your Withoutabox account.
If sending a check, check must be in US dollars drawn on a US Bank – NO NON-US CHECKS ACCEPTED
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize PSIFF either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
NO FEE WAIVERS - please don't ask.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The print source will be responsible for the cost of print shipment to the festival, including any custom duties or charges. PSIFSF, in turn, will return the print shipping pre-paid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier at the festival's conclusion. The PSIFSF will not be responsible for any custom duties or charges. Foreign entrants, please be sure to include "temporary import/cultural exchange" and "no commercial value" on your paperwork.
2. The festival handles prints with the utmost of care and provides insurance of loss or damage to a maximum value of US$400.00 (or cost of replacement, whichever is less). The festival does not provide extra insurance for originals or masters.
3. Permission for the festival to use excerpts of each submitted film, not to exceed 3 minutes, for promotional purposes is considered granted upon submission - including trailers/clips on the festival's YouTube channel.
4. Participation in PSIFSF implies understanding and acceptance of above regulations and requirements of this application.
5. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
I have read and accept the above regulations.