OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|International Short Film
|Short films made by filmmakers outside of Australia of a Greek heritage or films pertaining to a Greek theme. Films with a lead actor who is Greek or of Greek heritage will also be considered.
|Australian Short Film
|Australian Short films made by a filmmaker of Greek heritage or short films that are thematically Greek. Films with a lead actor who is Greek or of Greek heritage will also be considered.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Our mission - To create a platform to support, mentor and showcase Greek Australian short film in an annual festival. To lead the cultural exchange of Greek related short films across the globe.
The Greek Australian Short Film Festival supports filmmakers worldwide who are Greek or of Greek descent, covering all genres, including animation.
The Greek Australian Short Film Festival screens as part of the Greek Film Festival in Melbourne and Sydney.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We love short films and hope you love to show your short films too!
Welcome to the Greek Australian Short Film Festival (GASFF) for 2018!
The GASFF is one of the first film festivals to run in conjunction with a major festival, the Greek Film Festival and it showcases short films by hosting two screenings, one for Australian national shorts and another for international shorts.
The Greek Australian Short Film Festival (GASFF) began in 2010 screening local Greek Australian films in a Bar in Downtown Melbourne, Australia. Since then it has grown to be incorporated as part of the Greek Film Festival in Melbourne and Sydney.
Filmmakers who are Greek or of Greek descent are given the opportunity to show their films. Films that are also thematically of a Greek nature, or have a lead actor who is Greek or of Greek descent will also be considered.
There will be an International and a National section with CASH PRIZES for BEST FILM awarded in each section. Films will be judged by prominent Greek Australians from the media and entertainment industry,
Chosen films will be screened in selected PALACE cinemas in Melbourne and Sydney.
All filmmakers submitting entries to the GASFF please ensure you read the
Terms and Conditions set out below carefully and email the GASFF at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Good luck and we will see you at the movies -
Jim (Dimitrios) Koutsoukos (Co Curator); Jim (Dimitrios) Koutsoukos (Co Curator); Joanna Bairamidis; Katerina Kapolitsas (Director); Katerina Kotsonis (Director); Penny Kyprianou (Director - Greek Film Festival )
To be considered for the GASFF your film must meet ONE of the following requirements:
1. One or more of the line creatives (writers, producers, directors) are Greek or of Greek heritage
2. The film is thematically Greek in nature
3. A lead actor is Greek or of Greek heritage.
The GASFF accepts eligible submissions from all around the world.
The GASFF, is one of the first festivals that runs in conjunction with a major festival (Greek Film Festival). It showcases National and International shorts in two separate screenings.
Films with non-English dialogue must have English subtitles.
Submission fees are non-refundable.
*Payment of the submission fees does not guarantee selection and thus screening in the festival.
**It is the submitters responsibility to ensure they have understood the eligibility requirements.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GASFF ENTRY
1. For an Entry to be submitted to GASFF it must meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
(i) one or more of the line creatives of the short film (i.e. writer(s), producer(s), director(s)) is a Greek national or is of Greek heritage or descent;
(ii) the short film is thematically Greek in nature; or
(iii) the lead actor(s) is a Greek national or is of Greek heritage or descent.
2. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure they have understood and met the eligibility requirements and GASFF retains the right to refuse acceptance of an Entry should the Entrant fail to do so at any time prior or during the GASFF.
3. The GASFF accepts eligible international Entries subject to the satisfaction of the eligibility requirements by the Entrant.
4. Films with non-English dialogue must include English subtitles and GASFF reserves the right to disqualify any Entries which fail to do so.
5. All Entries must:
(i) have been made by the Entrant within the previous five (5) years; and
(ii) be approximately twenty (20) minutes or less in duration including credits.
Submission Dates and Payments
6. Only films which are submitted in accordance with the deadlines and accompanied by the requisite entry fee will be considered for inclusion in the GASFF.
7. Payments of all entry fees must be made by Entrants in Australian currency.
8. All Entrants must pay the entry fees via Withoutabox payment methods.
9. Entry fees are non-refundable and payment of the entry fee does not guarantee selection of the Entry and thus screening in the GASFF.
Preview Screener formats
10. All Entrants must be uploaded by Entrants to the Withoutabox website.
GASFF Entry Rights
11. All Entrants agree to grant the GASFF the following rights to their Entries which have been accepted into the GASFF:
(i) Entrants grant GASFF a non-exclusive licence for a twelve (12) month period following the GASFF of any calendar year to:
(a) use, promote, commercialize and display the Entry; and
(b) edit and create derivative works such as clips from the Entry,
for use as part of not-for-profit events and purposes and subject to consultation with the Entrant; and
(ii) any Entries which are awarded a GASFF prize must include the citation of “GASFF Prize Winner” as a visible credit in the same format as the other credits on each copy of the Entry in perpetuity.
12. The GASFF will not pay any third party payments or fees for submitted Entries. Any Entrants using a third-party distribution or sales agency will remain responsible for the payment of any associated fees and the GASFF will not be held liable for any such fees.
GASFF Deliberations and Prizes
13. The decisions of the GASFF judges in awarding the prizes will be final and Entrants will not be provided with any further information regarding the selection process.
14. All prizes awarded by the GASFF are subject to change at the discretion of the GASFF and without notifying the Entrants.
15. Entries selected for screening can be used by the Festival for a twelve month period following the festival for the purpose of not for profit events, after consultation with the rights holder.
Entry or Entries means the short film submitted by an Entrant for consideration by GASFF.
Entrant means the individual or entity submitting their short film for consideration in the GASFF.