MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Purpose of the Adventure is the Adventure itself. The Shredder Film Festival is a celebration of stories.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Now in its 6th year running, the SSIFF has grown tremendously. in 2009 the first Shredder Festival was held in the upstairs function room of the smallest library in town. The room sat 20 people comfortably leaving just enough room for an old broken projector and an off white sheet on the wall. Since then SSIFF has grown in numbers, but remains true to its purpose: to showcase the talents and the stories of filmmakers who's work often goes unnoticed. This years festival is geared toward broadening the the knowledge of independent film through the small town of Quechee, Vermont by bringing in some international talent while also boosting our local spotlight and showcasing more New England based filmmakers than any previous year! ORGANIZERS
Jake Haehnel (Filmmaker)
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. Films previously submitted to SFF are NOT eligible.
2. Short films (under 40 min) are exempt from the online viewing restriction.
3. Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc) are eligible.
4. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the 6.entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Films must be submitted on online.
2. Only complete entries will be considered.
3. Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the programming committee will only consider the version submitted. Subsequent cuts or replacement copies will only be accepted at the request of the programming committee.
4. To qualify for student entry fee rates, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (e.g., copy of student ID, transcript, etc.)
All entries mud be postmarked by their corresponding deadline.
1. The cost of shipping an entry to the Festival must be paid by the entrant.
2. All international entries must be sent “free domicile” to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper.
E) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover registration, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results. These fees may be paid by check (made payable to Jake Haehnel) or through withoutabox.com (credit, paypal)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and understand all the rules and regulations of the 6th Annual SSIFF. By signing my name I agree to abide by these rules and regulations.