CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Documentary films would be films that depict a situation, an event, a life story, etc that utilizes factual content without fictitious elements. Examples of documentaries would be: Transgeneration, For The Bible Tells Me So, Common Threads, The Times of Harvey Milk, Before Stonewall, and Paragraph 175. Documentaries can be submitted as shorts (45 minutes or less in length) or features (46 minutes or more in length).
|Q Fest: The San Antonio LGBT International Film Festival recognizes short films as films of any genre under 45 or less minutes in length.
|A Narrative Feature will tell a story and can be from any film genre. A Narrative Feature will be 46 minutes or more in length.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
San Antonio Q Fest: The San Antonio LGBTQ International Film Festival is committed to showcasing and bringing awareness of the diverse culture and perspective of the LGBTQ Community to the greater San Antonio area. The festival will feature cinematic works recognizing and celebrating a multicultural world.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
San Antonio Q Fest: The San Antonio LGBT International Film Festival is a production of Pride San Antonio. Pride San Antonio is a registered 501 c(3) nonprofit corporation. Pride San Antonio was founded in 2004 as Gay Pride SA by a group of community activists and organizers who wanted to put on a celebration of LGBT PRIDE that was all-inclusive and facilitated the needs of individuals so that individuals can facilitate the needs of a community.
In 2008 members of the Gay Pride SA Board of Directors began exploring the possibility of hosting an annual LGBT film festival and in 2013, members of the Board of Directors of the Pride San Antonio Inc, formerly Gay Pride SA, moved forward and executed Pride SA's Inaugural San Antonio Q Fest.
Pride San Antonio Inc. is operated by an all-volunteer Board of Directors and an all volunteer committee. The events produced by Pride San Antonio Inc. raise money for five local nonprofits and charities For 2014 Pride San Antonio has chosen the following as beneficiaries:
PFLAG San Antonio
GALA of San Antonio College
Mujeres Unidas Inc.
Spectrum (formerly GLBTQ) of UTSA
James Poindexter (Secretary)
; James Poindexter (Secretary)
1) Films may be submitted through www.withoutabox.com, by DVD with completed submission form directly to San Antonio Q Fest, or by online screener with appropriate password and link provided to San Antonio Q Fest.
2) Previews and exhibition copies in any language other than English must be subtitled for consideration.
3) Please label submission copies with title, filmmaker’s name, year, phone, and email.
4) Final festival programming decisions will be made approximately by July 20, 2014.
5) Programmed works may be excerpted (up to 3 minutes) for promotional purposes on the Pride San Antonio website and festival events pages if a trailer is not provided.
6) Filmmaker/sender certifies that he holds the rights to the film sent for submission to San Antonio Q Fest: San Antonio International LGBT Film Festival.
7) Music rights and all copyright clearances are the sole responsibility of the filmmaker.
8) San Antonio Q Fest, Pride San Antonio, Gay Pride San Antonio and any of its sponsors, Board of Directors, or volunteers will not be held responsible for any legal disputes that arise regarding the exhibition of this film.
9) Submission of this film does not guarantee inclusion in San Antonio Q Fest: San Antonio LGBT International Film Festival.
10) Submission DVDs will be returned ONLY if the filmmaker has provided the festival with a prepaid self-addressed envelope.
11) Notification of acceptance or rejection will NOT include criticism or feedback specific to your entry.
12) Entry Fees:
San Antonio Filmmakers– No Fee.
Non-San Antonio, Texas filmmakers-
$40.00 (U.S. Dollars) by July 5, 2014 [WAB Discount Rate-$35.00 (U.S. Dollars)]
$50.00 (U.S. Dollars) by July 15, 2014 [WAB Discount Rate-$45.00 (U.S. Dollars)]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
San Antonio Q Fest: The San Antonio LGBT International Film Festival strives to create the most dynamic programming possible for its viewing audience. All submission are judged through a jury process. Submitting a film or video to the festival does not mean that it will be a selection or that it will screen.