CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Best Feature Narrative
|Feature length narrative film with a minimum running time of 60 minutes.
|Best Documentary Feature
|Feature length documentary with a minimum running time of 60 minutes.
|Best Short Film
|Narrative film with run time below 60 minutes.
|Best Short Documentary
|Documentary with run time below 60 minutes.
|Applicable for all students and newcomers to the industry. He/she should mention the movie is his/her first/second/third movie.
|Film with seamless cuts, and creative, interesting, and smooth story telling.
|Excellent and inspiring film with great director who manage to manifest his/her vision through a combination of communication, artistic and technical skills of film production.
|Best Acting (actress)
|Actresses with great performance to enliven her character.
|Best Acting (actor)
|Actors with great performance to enliven his character.
|Outstanding, well-composed, and artistic film related to its genre.
|Best Story & Scriptwriting
|Films with distinctive, unique voice, clever dialogues, and engaging characters and plot lines.
|Best Music & Song
|Films with captivating music/song that can move the audience and dramatize the story.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
IFCOM FESTIVAL is established to accommodate filmmakers’ needs, and to give them proper acknowledgement according to their achievements and the qualities of their films. We understand and appreciate the hard work to make a film, may it be documentaries or films. To make a film is to deliver a message shaped in the creativeness of art.
We are looking for feature/short narrative films, feature/short documentaries, and give recognition to best directors, screenwriters, editors, actors/actresses, cinematographers, and musician in films.
Selected films will be screened at our partners’ institutions, and winning films will get option to be distributed in Indonesia.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
It was a flourishing month for all of us thanks to all participants! International Film Competition Festival (IFCOM FESTIVAL) first year festival has been a great success. The studio in Hollywood Cinema XXI was packed with notable guests, stars, filmmakers, journalists, broadcasting college students, and guests.
IFCOM Festival is following its sister festival, Asia Pacific International Filmmaker Festival and Awards (APIFA). APIFA Awards Day 2014 was held in the International Theater, UMB Jakarta and was inaugurated by the Indonesian Minister of Education and Culture with top mass media covering the event. The occasion is followed by a film seminar and discussion in front of thousands filmmakers, journalists and film students.
Joshua Andrew; Joshua Andrew
- This year the festival will accept submissions from: 6 October - 1 August 2015
- Films could be from any year.
- All films must be submitted on DVD format (2 copies) or through Withoutabox.
- When your film is officially selected, we will contact you by e-mail on 30 August 2015
- If chosen for festival screening, one DVD and one Blu-ray, and/or DCP (optional)must be sent. Mark case and DVD with title, length, and director’s name.
- We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- All submission fees are non-refundable.
- All juries’ decisions are finals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project.
Open submissions from: 6 October 2014 – 1 August 2015.
- Films could be from any year.
- Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles or dubbed in English.
- All films must be submitted on DVD format (2 copies) for pre-screening and a completed entry form. All international or foreign films should be clearly marked "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope or the shipping invoice or both. DVD's must be clearly labeled with title, length, and director’s name.
- Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss or damage of entries. Please do not send originals.
- When your film is officially selected, we will contact you by e-mail on 30th August 2015.
- If chosen for festival screening, 2 copies high quality DVD (include one Blu-ray disc) or DCP must be sent. Mark case and DVD with title, length, and director’s name.
- The selection committees' and juries’ decisions are final.
- All submissions should be sent pre-paid. All transportation/ shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (SELECTION PURPOSE / CULTURAL PURPOSE only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
- International Film Competition Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- Films selected may not be withdrawn from the Festival program after its registration.
- All submission fees are non-refundable. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the International Film Competition Festival.
Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or festival publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes.
CHANGES AND ALTERATIONS
The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Competition Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Jakarta.
The duration of this agreement shall commence as of the date of submission by Owner and terminate at the close of the 2015 Festival.
I have read, understand and agree to all the submission rules and regulations and am authorized to submit this project on behalf of the producers to the International Film Competition Festival.