CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
To showcase a selection of compelling film and video by, for or about the LGBTQ community that entertains, enlightens and celebrates the Festival audience.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival is one of the largest and longest running LGBTQ events of its kind in the nation. This nine-day event showcases over 80 films using a number of venues across the Tampa Bay, including the historic Tampa Theatre in Tampa and freeFall Theatre in St Petersburg. Jury and audience awards are presented. Major sponsors have included, PNC Bank, Hamburger Mary's, JPMorganChase, Macy's, BlueCross/BlueShield of Florida, Chanel USA, Tiffany & Co, NCLR, and many local LGBTQ business owners.
KJ Mohr (Program DIrector)
All submission fees are non-refundable and should be payable in US Dollars. Make checks payable to "Friends Of The Festival, Inc." Entries requesting submission to the Festival after June 30, 2017 are at the discretion of the Program Director and Executive Director.
We will require your film's category, length, technical specifications and project history with the submission.
Film/Video Submission Requirements
1. Films and videos should be of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex and/or transgendered people. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental and animated films and videos (both features and shorts).
2. Only DVD (Region 1/North America) or Secure Online Screeners will be accepted for preview screening. If your final exhibition format is video, do not submit your master to us. We are not responsible for any master tapes. If you are submitting DVD, please format in MPEG video using the codec of your choice. Neither QuickTime (.mov) or Microsoft (.avi) files are accepted. Please test consumer burned DVD on several makes and models of players before sending it to our offices.
3. Preview DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time, tracking number, and contact information (including name, address and phone number). DVDs must be submitted in 5 1/4" by 7 1/2" plastic safe cases. These are the industry standard push-button hub, dark plastic cases (like commercial DVDs, not CDs).
4. If you wish to have your preview DVD returned for any reason after the festival, please include a self addressed stamped envelope with suitable postage along with your submission. (TIGLFF will retain preview tapes of works selected for the festival.)
5. A completed entry must be included with every submission. If you are submitting more than one entry, please complete a separate entry for each submission.
6. Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition print will be available by August 1, 2017. Please label the DVD "Rough Cut" and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc). Please be aware that an updated version of your rough cut MAY NOT be able to be re-screened for submission consideration.
7. By submitting your work to TIGLFF, you grant to Friends of the Festival, Inc. a nonexclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission tape of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only, including but not limited to internet and television broadcast.
8. Still photos from your work are requested but not required with your submission, and are required for all films and videos selected for the festival. Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still. If you email stills to TIGLFF they must be in TIFF or JPEG format and 300 dpi (dots per inch).
9. You are also encouraged to enclose a synopsis, production credits and press information regarding your film or video.
10. To receive acknowledgment of receipt of your entry, enclose a self addressed stamped envelope or postcard with your submission.
11. Please do not send submissions in fiber-filled envelopes, as the dust damages our equipment.
While traditional Press Kits (paper) are accepted, Electronic Press Kits
(on DVD) are preferable and must include Director Bio & Headshot.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that you are authorized to submit this information and film or video to the Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. You hold TIGLFF and/or Friends Of The Festival, Inc. harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film or video. You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. TIGLFF is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.