CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Young Filmmakers: Exploring Mission Viejo
|Elementary through Middle School students’ submissions only. Young Filmmakers are asked to create a short film about "Exploring Mission Viejo." All films must be family friendly and contain a story line. The film can be no longer than 3 minutes.
|Short Films: College Students and Indie
|Films must be submitted by either College Students, or Independent Filmmakers. All films must be under 15 minutes and contains a story-line.
|Short Films: High School
|Films must be submitted by High School Students. All films must be under 15 minutes, family friendly, and contains a story-line.
|Music Videos must be no longer than 5 minutes, family friendly, and music must be original (own the rights). All concepts are welcome!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Mission Viejo film festival is a showcase for aspiring filmmakers that support a worthy and charitable cause. Proceeds from this festival will be donated to City of Hope’s Pediatric Center for Research Cancer Facility.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
This is the inaugural Mission Viejo Film Festival that will showcase aspiring filmmakers as well as support City of Hope's Pediatric Center for Cancer research and treatment. Each screening will contain films that are family friendly, and fit the run-time rules for each category: "What makes Mission Viejo a Great City?", "Short Films: High School", "Short Films: College/Indie" and "Music Videos"
The following five awards will be bestowed – the Mark Jennings Award, City of Hope Award, People's Choice Award, The MV Music Video Award and the Mayor’s Award. After every screening, a session with the filmmakers will be held to discuss their work and answer questions about their films.
Proceeds from the Mission Viejo Film Festival will benefit to the City of Hope's Pediatric Center for Cancer Research and Treatment
Adam Cheo (Community Services Specialist); Grant Voss (Vice Chairman of the Mission Viejo Community Services); Mission Viejo (Festival Registrar); Mission Viejo (Festival Registrar); Mission Viejo (Festival Registrar); Tyler Voss (Freelance Producer )
- Once your film is uploaded and the payment is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Video submissions cannot exceed a 15-minute run time. Young Filmmakers cannot exceed over 4 minutes and Music Videos submissions cannot exceed 5 minutes.
- The number of films/music videos selected and how and when they are presented is a reserved right of the Mission Viejo Film Festival.
- You will receive an informational email by May 16, 2017 confirming whether or not your film is an official selection of the Mission Viejo Film Festival.
All submission must be family friendly and follow the rules for each category.
Any films selected from filmmakers under the age of 18 must provide a copy of a parent/guardian photo ID and mail a printed and signed copy of the release form to:
City of Mission Viejo
Attn: Mission Viejo Film Festival
200 Civic Center
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
A PDF copy of the release form is available at http://missionviejofilmfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/MissionViejoFilmFestival_ReleaseForm.pdf
If no release form is collected by the deadline, the film will be withdrawn from the Film Festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows
- I have read, understood, agree with, and will comply with all eligibility requirements and all other terms included in the Mission Viejo Film Festival General Rules (“General Rules”).
- I understand that my application may be disqualified if it does not meet the eligibility requirements listed in the General Rules.
- To the best of my knowledge, all the statements in my application are true.
- The film I am submitting does not feature any name-brand products.
- The film I am submitting does not feature music without written consent from the copyright owner.
- As a part of my application, I have submitted Rights Release Forms for all individuals who may have contributed to the production of the film I am submitting.
- The film I am submitting is not subject to litigation and is not threatened by any litigation.
- I hold Mission Viejo Film Festival, Mission Viejo Television and City of Mission Viejo harmless from any liability arising from my film entry.
- I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Mission Viejo Film Festival and am credited as the sole creator, director, and producer of the film.
- I understand that all materials submitted will not be returned to me.
- I understand that the City of Mission Viejo and Mission Viejo Television may have access to, may have created, or may in the future create designs, ideas and concepts that may have familiarities or similarities to my film, and that I will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the City of Mission Viejo or Mission Viejo Television because of these familiarities or similarities.
- I understand that any modification to this agreement or any other agreement made in the course of the Mission Viejo Film Festival must be made in writing and signed by myself and the City of Mission Viejo in order for that agreement to be legally enforceable.
- If I am under 18 years of age, I have had my parent or guardian review my application, agree to the General Rules, and consent to the terms of this release on my behalf.
- If I am the filmmaker’s parent of guardian, I agree with and will comply with all eligibility requirements and all other terms included in the General Rules.