DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|We are looking for documentaries that provoke and inspire change. We want to motivate our audiences to react to the many social issues happening around the world.
|"Storytelling is at the heart of the human experience". The short narrative can be any genre that makes an impact on its audience. We are looking for short films that create a social impact on the human experience, no matter what that experience may be.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Global Impact Film Festival (GIDC), brought to you by DCBX, is a dynamic independent film festival in Washington, D.C. that focuses on cultivating global outreach, celebrating culture and supporting non-profit organizations through their selection of socially impactful films. Our mission is to empower lives by celebrating the power of media for social justice. We showcase short documentary and narrative films that provoke and inspire social change.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Our festival theme is the Emerging Power of Media for Social Justice, in which we will showcase films that provoke and inspire social change.
Last year, some major topics in films both in the documentary and narrative category included agriculture, the environment on a global scale, homelessness, sexual abuse and refugees in different parts of the world, to name a few.
Previous speakers and talent have included the likes of Jaws Cinematographer, Bill Butler; Mind and Media's Aldo Bello and DC Stunts Coalition's Dylan Hintz among others.
We will showcase short documentaries and narratives as well as provide attendees with informative panel discussions and fun networking events.
The following awards will be given to the selected winners at our Awards Ceremony to be held on Sunday, August 26th in Washington, DC:
Best Documentary, Best Narrative, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Audience Choice Award, Global Impact Award, and more.
Mark you calendar for AUG 24- 26, 2018 for this fourth annual celebration!
Emily Aguilar; Gabriella Colarusso (Programming Manager); Katherine Aguilar (Executive Producer); Lee Smith Jr. (Executive Producer)
1. Short films must be between 3 and 30 minutes; no more, no less.
2. GIDC accepts short films of any genre that provoke and inspire social change. This includes experimental short films. This does not include commercials, infomercials, trailers, music videos, web series, episodic documentary series, or Virtual Reality (VR).
3. Submissions are accepted via the Withoutabox secure online screener system only.
4. Filmmakers will be notified no later than June 1st of their submission status.
5. Short films in a foreign language must have English subtitles or English dubbing.
6. There is no premiere requirement for short films. (Films can have already played in other festivals, can appear online and are still eligible for consideration).
7. More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form and entry fee.
8. Previously submitted films will not be accepted, unless the film has undergone significant content changes (60% or more) and meets all other submission requirements. Permission to re-apply is required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Due to the high volume of submissions, we cannot accept rough cuts or works-in-progress to avoid confusion on our staff in the programming department. When applying, please make sure to submit the final version of the short film via the Withoutabox online screener for consideration.
10. The entry fee is non-refundable.
11. Due to the number of submissions, GIDC cannot provide feedback on entries.
12. All film entries selected for the festival grant Global Impact Film Festival (GIDC) the rights to use provided stills, footage, clips, trailers and information from the film for promotional purposes only.
13. All short films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
14. GIDC reserves the right to change any information contained in this document (including Festival dates, venues, events, awards and eligibility requirements) without further notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All short films must be uploaded via the Secure Online Screener function on Withoutabox. Film completed prior to January 2014 are not eligible for consideration for the 2018 edition of the film festival. Short films do not have any premiere requirements. US and International do not forfeit their eligibility for submission to the festival if they were pervasively released theatrically or via any home video platform, broadcast or streamed on television or the internet, or screened at any number of film festivals in the world. Films that have been submitted for Festival consideration in previous years are eligible for resubmission for 2018 Festival consideration, but only if the film has been changed significantly since the previous year it was submitted. GIDC reserves the right to determine a previously submitted Film's eligibility, without refund of any or all submission fees the film as compared with the previously submitted version. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted film. GIDC will not be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement. GIDC reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the applicant, any film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrights content or materials. Applicants submitting Films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles. If accepted, applicants must send in the film digitally for exhibition, no exceptions. Films submitted and digitally sent to the festival if accepted is ONLY for the use of the exhibition of the film for the fourth annual Global Impact Film Festival.