CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Any narrative fiction film or episodic with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
|Any documentary film with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
|Any Animation film with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
|Any student documentary film with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
|Any student narrative film with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
|Any student animation film with a running time of less than 45 minutes, including credits. Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We are filmmakers that have a passion for the craft of film-making. The Synimatica Short Film Fest brings the traditional festival home in a 24/7 digital format that supports both public, private, and secure panel judging, while also providing an online platform to complement traditional film festivals with attendee-only screening capabilities. If you are filmmaker in search of a flexible festival exposure platform that broadcasts globally and offers distribution after the festival is over, the Synimatica Short Film Festival platform is the ticket for you.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Synimatica Short Film Festival conducts screenings and panel judging online while the selected best-in-category films will be honored at an awards ceremony and mixer event held in Boise, Idaho. The streaming app can be found on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast for IOS and Android. The festival platform features short narrative and documentary films from emerging filmmakers, content panelists offering industry advice, and the opportunity for future film distribution. We created the Synimatica platform in 2015 to offer filmmakers a paid distribution option. Synimatica is focused on recognizing emerging talent at all phases of the film development life-cycle and provides filmmakers with a viable option that does not focus on traditional distribution methods and instead focuses on the way films are consumed today and how films are being produced.
Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal)
Synimatica Short Film Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any film for any Festival program or submission category.
Films have no completion date restrictions.
Films must be no more than 45 minutes in length – including credits.
All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
Short Films may have been screened at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
or Student entries, a photocopy of an official student ID or a letter from the school must be sent with the entry submission as proof of student status when the film was made.
PLEASE NOTE: All deadlines associated with the Synimatica Short Film Festival will be sent top you via email. We must receive your digital upload, by the deadline date for which your film has been registered! We encourage you to submit your film as early as possible. Please allow up to 24-48 hours for processing of digital video uploads.
All films must be submitted by the accepted format: Digital upload via the Withoutabox Secure Online Screener System, Vimeo link entered directly or on the submission application. We do not accept links via e-mail! If you choose to provide a Vimeo link on your submission application, please ensure that you select “Anywhere” under the “Where can this video be embedded” section of your video’s privacy settings.
After you have completed the online application, all we need from you is a single copy of your film. In an effort to cut down on waste, we ask that you do not send printed press or promotional materials to us.
If selected, a press kit must be provided. Digital press kits are required. -At least two (2) publicity stills from the film. Stills must be submitted by email (jpg, 72 dpi preferred, clearly labeled with film title--if multiple photos are sent, please label with film title & 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc) to email@example.com.
-Film synopsis – 50 words
-30 second Trailer (if available)
In an effort to help grow the on going film community we offer an alternative to normal distribution routes through our app Synimatica. if your film is accepted into the festival it will be considered for distribution.
ATTENTION: This is an offer for aspiring filmmakers and agreeing to the distribution deal is not a requirement by submitting to the fest. We want to feature the best work and reward those that do just that.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SYNIMATICA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Synimatica Short Film Festival is a quarterly online film festival competition administered and sponsored by Synimatic, LLC. Selected festival entries will be featured on the Synimatica Digital Distribution Platform for the duration of the Festival. The Synimatica Short Film Festival is featured on streaming video applications including but not limited to Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Google Chromecast. A film is selected through the submission process, by a panel of judges who evaluate the submission via online secure online screeners. Further details of the Competition are provided in the Synimatica Short Film Fest online submission information(Materials). The Materials form part of these terms and conditions.
2. The judges will award prizes (as set out in the Materials). The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Synimatica Short Film Festival may substitute another item of equal value as determined by the festival management team.
3. Entering the Synimatica Short Film Festival does not guarantee that you will win a prize or derive any other benefit. The prizes are awarded at the sole discretion of the panel judges. We are not responsible in any way for the decisions, actions, or conduct of judges. Our decisions (and those of the judges) in respect of all aspects of the Synimatica Short Film Festival are final.
5. Individuals may enter the Competition. To enter the Synimatica Short Film Festival, you must fully complete, sign, and submit the online submission form and pay the application fee by the due date in the online submission Materials. By doing so, you agree with to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian submit and sign the application form on your behalf. We are not liable for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications.
6. By submitting an application, you:
(a) agree to make your film submission available to the Synimatica Short Film Festival in the requested format and by the deadlines documented in the online submission materials as notified by festival management; and
(b) agree to authorize the Synimatica Short Film Festival to host your content if selected for the festival for access by Synimatica users on its supported streaming application platforms for 90 days in conjunction with the Synimatica Short Film Festival.
(b) agree that your content will be accessible and viewable by Synimatica’s streaming application users only for a ninety-day period and will be accessible via supported streaming devices using secure authentication credentials issued by the Synimatica stream device application.
(b) agree that the scope of availability of the selected submitted content on the Synimatica Platform is at the sole discretion of the Synimatica, LLC with respect to platform channel, region of distribution, content delivery networks, device-specific platform applications, application versions, or specific streaming hardware devices the application platform supports within the period of film festival.
(c) agree that all digital content submissions and related backup copies of any media featured under this agreement will be distributed under the platform brand and trademark known as
“Synimatica” and will be physically removed from all storage media in its entirety upon completion of the period of the festival.
(c) agree that if your film is selected for inclusion in the festival, you have the option to submit your film for a distribution agreement on Synimatica but are not guaranteed distribution on the platform.
(d) agree that if your submitted film is selected for inclusion in the festival, its use on the platform is royalty-free within the terms and conditions of this agreement. Copyright owners shall not be entitled to monetary consideration in whole or in part for the use of the film on the Synimatica Platform in conjunction with the Synimatica Short Film Festival within the terms and conditions of this agreement.
(b) warrant that you have the clear authority to enter this agreement and further represent and warrant that you own all clear right, title, and interest in your submitted film in connection with its use on the Synimatica Digital Distribution Platform and that by submitting this film for festival consideration and potential access on the platform, there is no infringement of any third-party rights .
(b) agree that the application fee is not refundable for any reason.
7. The Synimatica Short Film Festival may, at our sole discretion, refuse or exclude your application, at any time before the running of the Competition. If we do that, we will refund your application fee.
8. You must meet your own costs of preparing and featuring your submission.
9. If any aspect of the Synimatica Short Film Festival is not capable of running as planned because of any cause beyond our control, we may in our sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
10. We may disqualify you from the Synimatica Short Film Festival if you:
(c) breach these terms and conditions;
(d) breach any applicable law; or
(e) are party to any act or thing act or thing prejudicial to our goodwill, commercial reputation or overall public image.
Release and waiver
19. We may require that you provide us with photographs or video, or allow us to photograph or video you (the Media Materials), free of charge, to prepare promotional or other material for the purpose of or related to Synimatica Short Film Festival, you agree that copyright in the Media Materials is the property of the Synimatica Short Film Festival.
20. You give us unrestricted and irrevocable right to use and publish the Media Materials or reproductions or adaptations or modifications thereof in all forms and media including print and internet including social media for marketing, advertising or any lawful purpose for or related to Synimatica Short Film Festival.
21. You release us from any and all claims, actions, demands, suits, liabilities, damages, expenses and obligations of any kind arising from or related to our use of the Media Materials.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
22. Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under law, or our liabilities under those provisions:
(a) we are not liable to you for any cost incurred or loss or liability you suffer in any way in relation to Synimatica Short Film Festival.
(b) you acknowledge that the details of Synimatica Short Film Festival are set out in the online submission materials and are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Synimatica Short Film Festival with or without notice to you and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to: (i) the suitability of the Competition to your circumstances; (ii) the suitability of judges;
(iii) your prospects of winning a prize; (iv) the effect of the Competition on your film; or (v) any other thing related to the Synimatica Short Film Festival.
(c) we exclude all other implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to Synimatica Short Film Festival and the subject matter of our agreement with you.
(d) we will not be liable to you for indirect and / or consequential loss arising from or connected to our agreement with you in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including, without limitation, for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realize expected profits or savings, loss of intellectual property, breach of confidence or any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) unless such loss arises as a result of our own willful misconduct.
(e) our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of our agreement with you or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
(f) our liability to you is limited in all cases to the amount of the application fee you have paid.
23. You indemnify us in relation to any loss caused by:
(a) a breach by you of this agreement and these terms and conditions; or
(b) any action by a third party against you or us in relation to your use of copyrighted material in relation to the Synimatica Short Film Festival.
24. A party’s failure or delay to exercise a power or right does not operate as a waiver of that power or
25. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any warranty or representation other than those found in the Materials.
26. If any part of these terms and conditions is invalid or unenforceable, this agreement does not include it. The remainder of the terms and conditions continue in full force.