DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|Between 4-5 pages that involve 2-5 characters that carry relatively equal weight.
|Between 4-5 pages that involve 2-4 characters that carry relatively equal weight.
|Between 4-5 pages that involve 2-3 characters that carry relatively equal weight.
|All genres, between 12-20 pages, between 5-8 characters that carry relatively equal weight.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
As the producer of over a dozen series, pilots and it's branded Stonestreet Micro-Movies and Sketch comedy annually, Stonestreet Studios is launching the Stonestreet Studios Micro-Movie & Sketch Comedy Screenwriting Competition!
Our mission continues to be create original, relevant, imaginative character driven narrative stories for our time that embrace our humanity and are thought provoking, inspirational and unheard. Stonestreet’s films have screened at Tribeca Film Festival, Ann Arbor, Berlin, Human Rights Watch, Dublin, Locarno, Switzerland, Sedona, Santa Cruz, Northampton International Film Festival, Jersey Shore Film Festival, Connecticut Film Festival, Toronto Independent Film Festival, Philadelphia Film Festival… and many more. Trailers, past MicroMovies, pilots and festivals can be seen at Stonestreet.net, on ShortsHD, and on Stonestreet Studios FB.
Stonestreet Studios Micro-Movie & Sketch Comedy Screenwriting Competition provides production for the best SHORT PILOT, SKETCH COMEDY and top 5 MICRO-MOVIES. Our goal is to create a platform for emerging screenwriters to produce their writing with Stonestreet Studios and the actor talent we develop and provide platforms, licensing and distribution for the original content created.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
STONESTREET STUDIOS is celebrating 25 years as a New York City based fully operative, multi-purpose, visual motion picture production studio, founded by creative team Alyssa Rallo Bennett & Gary O. Bennett. Stonestreet’s work ranges from award-winning socially speculative feature films such as Rain Without Thunder (Starring Jeff Daniels, Linda Hunt, Steve Zahn) and The Pack aka Smoking Non-Smoking (Luci Arnaz, Elizabeth Moss, Zach Galligan), to pilots, web series and Micro-Movies released internationally and on Stonestreet’s growing platforms.
Stonestreet has become known as an incubator of socially conscious, character driven and culturally provocative millennial and generation Y content and talent such as Miles Teller (Whiplash, Divergent, Bleed for This), Rachel Brosnahan (House of Cards, Beautiful Creatures), Holly Curran (Z: The Beginning of Everything), Camila Mendes (Riverdale), Francesca Reale (Haters Back Off, Paradise by the Dashboard Light), Idina Menzel (Rent, Frozen), Ashley Skidmore (Younger), Renee Felice Smith (NCIS: Los Angeles, The Relationship), Xosha Roquemore (The Mindy Project), Michaela Conlin (Bones), Connor Hines (Local Attraction), Gil Zabarsky (Tenured, It’s A Hit, Videola) et al.
We are especially interested in generation Y content, as our actor database is heavily stacked with young up and coming talent, but will accept scripts with supporting roles and a range of characters ages.
Kate Baggott (Co-Director)
1.Submissions for Sketch Comedy, Drama Micro-Movie, Dramedy Micro-Movie, and Short Pilot must be submitted between December 1st 2017 and no later than January 2rd 2018.
2.One winner from each category and 5 from Micro-Movies will be contacted no later than May 1st.
4.Winning projects will be produced between the spring and summer.
5.All projects submitted will be considered for future production with Stonestreet Studios even if not granted the title of competition winner.
6.Submitting to the competition for consideration is not a guarantee that Stonestreet will produce your writing.
7.All fees are nonrefundable.
8.Stonestreet Studios will own the copyright to films. Winners will own the copyright to their written material.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I / We wish to have our screenplay hereby known as "ENTRY" included in the 1st Stonestreet MicroMovie & Sketch Screenwriting Competition (SMSCSC). I/We grant SNSSC, its festival coordinators, Margot Mejia,Kate Baggott and the festival’s sponsors the right to use for promotional purposes on television, social media and internet, on the Stonestreet Studios website (www.stonestreet.net), on sponsors websites, flyers, posters, press releases, etc. my/our name(s), screenplay title and logline.
2. If more than one (1) party signs this agreement as submitter, then reference to “I”, “me”, “my” throughout this agreement shall apply to each party; jointly and separately.
3. My ENTRY has not been optioned, produced or purchased. If it does become optioned or produced or sold during the judging period then the ENTRY will be disqualified and the entry fee will be forfeited. It is my obligation to let the festival know that it has been optioned, sold or produced.
4. I understand creative revisions may be required prior to setting up meetings and therefore agree to the process as outlined by the SMSCSC staff. I also understand that if chosen as a finalist it is a requirement to sign a W-9 tax form to receive any prizes that may be awarded from contributing sponsors. I understand and accept without reservation that I am an independent contractor and that SMSCSC is not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any government agency, at any level, be it state, local or federal. Prizes will be delivered to each legally qualified winner within ninety (90) days of SMSCSC receipt of completed W-9 Tax form. Prizes are subject to change without notice. SMSCSC reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time.
5. I grant the SMSCSC permission to give a copy of my ENTRY to industry members if requested. Industry, includes but is not limited to network executives, agents, managers, casting directors and others that can aid in securing future work or funding to make my ENTRY into a film or TV show.
6. I/We own and am the only authors of the material submitted with application and are the only people that can lay claim to this work. I further claim that the submitted material is not adapted from work of any other author.
7. I have kept at least two copies of the screenplay and I understand that no materials included with this application will be returned.
8. I understand that SMSCSC may decide to increase or decrease the number of finalists at its sole discretion and reserves the right to grant less than or no awards, at its sole discretion, if a lesser number of, or no entries meet the submissions requirements and/or industry standards of excellence.
9. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to register Script with the U.S. Copyright Office or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in my country.
10. I understand that SMSCSC, its producers and sponsors are relying on this release and accordingly, I hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunction or other equitable relief against LAIFF, its officers, agencies, employees and sponsors.
11. I have read, understand, and agree to the rules and regulations stated for SMSCSC: Screenplay Competition and in exchange for release, I receive the opportunity to have my ENTRY read, evaluated and judged by SMSCSC as part of its Screenplay Competition and accept that there is no promise of additional payment, in any form for likeness, image, biography, recording, equipment, or for any other contribution by us on this screenplay. If my ENTRY wins an award, that award will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
12. I warrant that the use of the rights granted here and of any material supplied by me will not violate the rights of any third party. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SMSCSC, its officers, agencies, employees, and sponsors from any claims by third parties alleging that our content or material infringes on any third party’s rights. This Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind my assigns and any representative.
13. This contract is the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and replaces and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, verbal or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment, addendum, modification or waiver of this contract or any portion hereof shall be valid unless contained in a writing signed by both parties hereto.
14. This contract shall be deemed to be entered into in the County of New York, and shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements entered into and carried out entirely within New York State. I agree that any and all disputes or controversies arising under this contract or any of its terms shall be resolved under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association, under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, through its New York, New York office; provided, however that I agree that my remedies for any breach of this contract by SMSCSC, its officers, agencies, employees, and sponsors will be limited to damages to an action at law to recover and in no event will I be entitled to rescind or terminate this agreement or to seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
15. I hereby certify that I am over eighteen years of age and competent to contract in my own name.
16. I have read the foregoing release and authorization and agreement, before affixing my signature below, and warrant that I fully understand the contents thereof.
17. I am authorized to sign and give consent for everyone who contributed to all materials submitted with this application to the 1st Annual Stonestreet MicroMovie & Sketch Comedy Screenplay Competition SMSCSC.